Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
In case anyone is wondering, SOV is running behind with all the orders, so mine (and, seemingly. several others) is still processing. They told me they are on it, but it's still going to take a little more time. No worries; just posting an update. For those on the fence, you may want to wait for me to get mine---I might just save you $100, or convince you to spend it. LOL

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
In case anyone is wondering, SOV is running behind with all the orders, so mine (and, seemingly. several others) is still processing. They told me they are on it, but it's still going to take a little more time. No worries; just posting an update. For those on the fence, you may want to wait for me to get mine---I might just save you $100, or convince you to spend it. LOL
I'm definitely waiting for your impressions before I firmly add it to my buy list. The royal hunter got added recently cause of yours and others' comments about it. And the Petri.

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
You probably won't like the Tug if you don't already own one because it's a significant amount of money to get the most out of it. What makes it so great is all the different options, stock its great for lower wattage or temp control but lacks a little airflow for higher wattage, buy the slam cap and you have more airflow in a reduced chamber so more clouds and flavor and you can run higher wattage, buy the anarchist cap for a bigger chamber with insane airflow for crazy builds and massive clouds with still pretty good flavor. You can get the mad hatty top caps from double helix for a sort of mix between stock and the slammed cap, you can get the v2 mech mod and use it with the 24mm cap and you can get everything in just about any color you'd want for different looks etc It's the most customizable atty there is it's like getting 4 different atty's in one but it's a significant investment if your just now starting out purchasing a stock v2. It is my favorite atty of all time though!

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
bluehaze bro I gotta thank you for turning me on to the aeolus v2. I picked one up in the classies and got it today. I drilled it for bottom feed and shortend the center post so I can build it with a center coil.

the center coil with this airflow coming from under at both sides is sick, instantly loving this thing... I can give it a really long hard deliberate squonk that fills the whole chamber, and it all goes right back down when I release it, without having to worry about leaking at all. the cap is rock solid, pull the mod from a tight pocket by the atty no problem, flavor right up there with the best of them. the afc in this thing is awesome. no chance of accidentally moving it, yet easy to adjust... anyone not liking there aeolus v2 lmk, I wouldn't mind having another one or three of these to play with :)

20150730_015104_zps0lvkildi.jpg

20150730_015313_zpssly64zr8.jpg

20150730_015329_zpsk5ewal9w.jpg

20150730_020138_zpswqh56rca.jpg

20150730_020229_zpsifafgzue.jpg

20150730_020255_zpsxwwpkxfe.jpg

20150730_020307_zpsvgaif78a.jpg

josdanarm

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2015
Oh yeah definitely agree with the hating of being forced to use a top Cap with a proprietary drip tip or chuff top. The Hastur was perfect - use the chuff top or pop in an adapter and use your own drip tip. Same for the MutX V3, El Cabron and I'm sure others I'm forgetting. And speaking of drip tips, if you're going to charge me $100+ for an atty include a drip tip! Yes, I have my own tips but come on. I'd probably buy a Petri for $99 if I got one of those nice friction fit drip tips but I'm not dropping $99 and then another $25 for their drip tip.
Agreed.... I splurged a bit on my velocity but man would it have been nice to see a custom d.t. come with it. I passed on the airek for that reason. Guess I could go with something like the arcon even if I buy all the extras I'm still cheaper. They just say "you pay this" we kneel n hand over our credit cards lol

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Okay, for the moment I take back what I said about the Le Magister. Yeah, it's a pseudo-RTA but I think it would appeal to some of you especially if you sometimes enjoy more restricted airflow. I tightened the heck out of the deck and, for now at least, it isn't spinning when I put it on a mod. I threw a dual coil build (2mm ID, 28g, .55 ohm) in and it's vaping nicely. It still doesn't touch my favorite drippers for flavor but the flavor is pretty good now. I shouldn't have rushed to judge it so quickly so I'm eating crow now. I still feel it's too expensive but as long as the deck doesn't spin it's a keeper.

Reactions: Mr.Mann

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
bluehaze bro I gotta thank you for turning me on to the aeolus v2. I picked one up in the classies and got it today. I drilled it for bottom feed and shortend the center post so I can build it with a center coil.

the center coil with this airflow coming from under at both sides is sick, instantly loving this thing... I can give it a really long hard deliberate squonk that fills the whole chamber, and it all goes right back down when I release it, without having to worry about leaking at all. the cap is rock solid, pull the mod from a tight pocket by the atty no problem, flavor right up there with the best of them. the afc in this thing is awesome. no chance of accidentally moving it, yet easy to adjust... anyone not liking there aeolus v2 lmk, I wouldn't mind having another one or three of these to play with :)

20150730_015104_zps0lvkildi.jpg

20150730_015313_zpssly64zr8.jpg

20150730_015329_zpsk5ewal9w.jpg

20150730_020138_zpswqh56rca.jpg

20150730_020229_zpsifafgzue.jpg

20150730_020255_zpsxwwpkxfe.jpg

20150730_020307_zpsvgaif78a.jpg
I think now
I have to get one

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 67Tele

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
If you end up not liking it I'll take it off your hands lol just putting that out there now just in case.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I have been holding off on buying one pending review from you or @HeiSINberg lol. You two have very similar preferences to the style of vape I strive for so your recommendations go a long way for me. Although, the shinyitis almost hit me last week when they went on sale, but I prevailed.

Reactions: HeiSINberg

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I have been holding off on buying one pending review from you or @HeiSINberg lol. You two have very similar preferences to the style of vape I strive for so your recommendations go a long way for me. Although, the shinyitis almost hit me last week when they went on sale, but I prevailed.
Yup I held out too lol. It took everything I had to hold myself back. I wanna wait to hear what Mr. Mann has to say first then I'll go from there. I have a feeling if I shell out the money I'll end up hating it. But we'll see!

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Is a Stumpy still in your vape future H? I just KNOW seeing as you like shorties that you would LOVE the Stump. To me its everything I hoped the D would be flavor wise and construction wise and then to ice the cake it has two posts. Its costly, no doubt BUT it wont be leaveing me for until and IF something two post comes along I like better. I was almost going to sell my Stumpy, I had a $90 in person cash offer once I got my Petri but TBH the Petri is one of my favroite atties but I would rather the Stumpy if I could just have one. Right now the Stump and Petri see the most action

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Is a Stumpy still in your vape future H? I just KNOW seeing as you like shorties that you would LOVE the Stump. To me its everything I hoped the D would be flavor wise and construction wise and then to ice the cake it has two posts. Its costly, no doubt BUT it wont be leaveing me for until and IF something two post comes along I like better. I was almost going to sell my Stumpy, I had a $90 in person cash offer once I got my Petri but TBH the Petri is one of my favroite atties but I would rather the Stumpy if I could just have one. Right now the Stump and Petri see the most action
Oh yeah definitely! That's another thing, if I'm spending a 100$ or so on anything right now it's going to be a stumpy, that's really why I held off on the SOV zenith. I tried getting one off the classifieds for 75$ but I was only a couple hours late to the thread and that's all it took.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread