IPV D2 announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
I just ordered a Kbox as a backup. Bet it comes in the mail first. My dumb self somehow lost my ego mod but Kbox 40w was only like 22 bucks shipped so I went for it. Should've done it awhile ago. I never meant to complain. I just like to stay vaping. Don't wanna smoke anymore and wanna cut down and if not eliminate my dipping.

Ec!g

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
NorCal, USA
A wall wart is a constant output power supply (to whatever designed and stated spec). It is not a cv/cc charger for any type of batteries. Having a higher current rated wall wart is not an indicator of what rate a cell charger will operate(unless below charger spec). The ipv d2 has its own internal 5v to 4.2v stepdown charging circuit that limits to a max of 1A regardless if the input is higher. If input is lower than 1A the ultimate charging rate is of 'that' input.

CrazyIvan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Atlanta
It's not hard to check at all, but lots of people don't.

A wall wart is a constant output power supply (to whatever designed and stated spec). It is not a cv/cc charger for any type of batteries. Having a higher current rated wall wart is not an indicator of what rate a cell charger will operate(unless below charger spec). The ipv d2 has its own internal 5v to 4.2v stepdown charging circuit that limits to a max of 1A regardless if the input is higher. If input is lower than 1A the ultimate charging rate is of 'that' input.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I read his post. I initially pointed out that the IPV D2 doesn't come with a USB AC adapter and then tried to illustrate that not all USB AC adapters are the same. I said that I didn't know if the IPV D2 limited the amperage and Ecig kindly pointed out that it has its own internal 5v to 4.2v stepdown charging circuit that limits to a max of 1A. What's your point and what's your problem?

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
You guys all need to calm down. You can charge it via USB or use an adapter in the wall. End of story. I did so all the time with my cloupor mini. Used an iPhone adapter and USB charged via my car. Yes freak accidents are gonna happen. But that's with any product. Hell one of our cars could throw a rod or catch on fire tomorrow. I hope they don't but it could happen to even the most reliable models.

MegaVap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Texas, US of A
See what Mike Vapes did here. Like someone else said in this forum he is a bubbling fool. He goes off on these tangents so he can look cool but the jokes on him this time he made himself look silly. Unless you plug in a 9 volt a/c adapter in the D2 it will be fine. So the point is.. just use the cable provided. And don't worry about having to go to Best Buy :rolleyes:

Reactions: aydinpr

Ec!g

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
NorCal, USA
See what Mike Vapes did here. Like someone else said in this forum he is a bubbling fool. He goes off on these tangents so he can look cool but the jokes on him this time he made himself look silly. Unless you plug in a 9 volt a/c adapter in the D2 it will be fine. So the point is.. just use the cable provided. And don't worry about having to go to Best Buy :rolleyes:
That's not entirely accurate. His explanation might have not been substantial but the point was that if you want a dedicated (non usb adapter) power supply, go to your local electronics supplier and pick up a 5V wall wart(not all wal warts are 9v) with attached lead and barrel type jack that will comply with the d2.

Something like:
40403641f407dd6075158c11c82d9990.jpg

Edit:
Thing is, p4u kinda did complicate things with the d2's charging port. Pretty much every user will have a micro usb cable and usb adapter(or laptop/pc or tablet) around the house, car or work place and most friends when you visit will as well but with this setup, the cable must accompany the device when traveling unless an external charger is available for the 18650 (or spares).

Last edited:
Reactions: gerrymi

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
Yeah, the barrel connector kinda confused me, I have no idea why they'd use that instead of the ubiquitous micro-usb connection.

It runs the same voltage and amperage as standard USB. With the IPV4, it kinda made sense to use a barrel connector, since it takes 9v to charge two batteries in series.

But, whatevs. I'll keep the charging cable handy, but I'll probably never use it. Most incidents I've heard about with box mods have happened while charging, regardless of manufacturer.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

CrazyIvan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Atlanta
That's not entirely accurate. His explanation might have not been substantial but the point was that if you want a dedicated (non usb adapter) power supply, go to your local electronics supplier and pick up a 5V wall wart(not all wal warts are 9v) with attached lead and barrel type jack that will comply with the d2.

Something like:

Edit:
Thing is, p4u kinda did complicate things with the d2's charging port. Pretty much every user will have a micro usb cable and usb adapter(or laptop/pc or tablet) around the house, car or work place and most friends when you visit will as well but with this setup, the cable must accompany the device when traveling unless an external charger is available for the 18650 (or spares).

I think you give Mike Vapes too much credit with that one. :D I think he genuinely had no idea he could use any USB adapter for the included cord. The only thing I would say is inconvenient is that the included cord is not easy to replace. But a dedicated 5v wall wart is even less convenient. I travel a lot and I wouldn't mind carrying an extra cord with me. Although it would be purely as a backup since I carry a battery charger everywhere anyway.

Reactions: MegaVap

Ec!g

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
NorCal, USA
In all honesty (and no offense intended) I could probably watch most reviewers with the sound off. Most videos don't even qualify as a review, heck I'd go as far as to say that what we're mostly watching are infomercials.

I'm a very (VERY) patient researcher. Most 'reviews' I watch on youtube I already know the technical specs so i watch for the pure aspect and to see what it's like in someone's hand. So I will agree that they, the reviewers, should be more careful with info and advice given. But at the end of the day they are human and sad to say less qualified than some of their viewers. With that said, the viewers shouldn't take their word for law and use that as an aid in doing their own homework.
And I'm happy they are the fortunate guinea pigs so i don't have to buy blindly or on pure number specs.

Ec!g

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
NorCal, USA
Speaking of reviewers, the Vapor Cronicles guy mentioned a silver version of the D2 would be available just in case any of you missed it and have an affinity for shiny things...wouldn't mind having one myself.
I hope Brian (the VC guy) is right this time(although I like the all black I'd be intrigued by a silver mod), he said a few months back that his inside connections informed him on the hush hush that the coolfire IV will be released with a removable 18650. Still waiting on that. And when I asked about more info on that he completely ignored me.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Fun times!
Pre-orders are almost over and units should be hitting the shelves shortly...........
So what does GearBest do? Jack the pre-order price to $56 and hint they may be sending out invoices for the difference. I think freakin NOT!
They even try and I will refund, + delete them from my saved Vendor list.

I'm sure 101Vape will show more class and since Fasttech is still advertising $43 I smell a skunk roaming GB.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
I hope Brian (the VC guy) is right this time(although I like the all black I'd be intrigued by a silver mod), he said a few months back that his inside connections informed him on the hush hush that the coolfire IV will be released with a removable 18650. Still waiting on that. And when I asked about more info on that he completely ignored me.

Hopefully he's not blowing vape, seems like P4U would have released any additional colors at the same time, most of the big makers are doing just that....I had to buy a black subtank mini to match up, my 5 other tanks are Kayfun Lite's so a silver D2 is pretty much mandatory for me.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
Fun times!
Pre-orders are almost over and units should be hitting the shelves shortly...........
So what does GearBest do? Jack the pre-order price to $56 and hint they may be sending out invoices for the difference. I think freakin NOT!
They even try and I will refund, + delete them from my saved Vendor list.

I'm sure 101Vape will show more class and since Fasttech is still advertising $43 I smell a skunk roaming GB.

That's some BS CRX...cancel it and bring the $ back to these shores, 101vape is $55 shipped.

MegaVap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Texas, US of A

Something like:
40403641f407dd6075158c11c82d9990.jpg

Edit:

The 9v was just an example it could be 6v or whatever. But why would one want a dedicated non usb adapter power supply in the first place? My phone chargers and my computers have usb connections. Why would you not use the cable provided?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread