Looks like the eRoll is being killed off, what are you planning to switch to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Any other hands free, small format, tank based e-cig with an all day PCC?

Its not automatic, but the Ovale Elips has some serious performance advantages over the eRoll. I like both, the eRoll is especially good for trips to Mexico as the PCC looks enough like a cell phone to arouse no scrutiny. Ironically, the Elips PCC has been mistaken at Customs for a roll-on deodorant ... :lol:

Ovale Elips Deal | E-Cigarette Forum

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Its not automatic, but the Ovale Elips has some serious performance advantages over the eRoll. I like both, the eRoll is especially good for trips to Mexico as the PCC looks enough like a cell phone to arouse no scrutiny. Ironically, the Elips PCC has been mistaken at Customs for a roll-on deodorant ... :lol:

Ovale Elips Deal | E-Cigarette Forum
Does the elips use ego-c atomizers?

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Does the elips use ego-c atomizers?

Yup, same Type A atomizer as the Ego-C and the eRoll ... :D

Its important to look for the "Elips-C", not just "Elips". I noticed that Ovale now has a warning on their page about the incompatibility issue between the two. I still have a couple of Elips batteries that I bought and can't use, different connector on the atomizer socket ... :(

Also, the Type A attys can actually be "rebuilt" to a certain extent. The silica wicks do burn the first time they run dry. I learned to re-wick them with stainless steel mesh right here in the eRoll forum, they last for months, until the coil eventually gets too weak ...

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I learned to re-wick them with stainless steel mesh right here in the eRoll forum, they last for months, until the coil eventually gets too weak
I rewick them with cotton, which I learned how to do reading this forum. I probably should try ss mesh, since I have frustrations getting just the juice to wick quickly without flooding. Tough to reproduce wicks that I get just right.

ETA: actually, the problem I often have from not thick enough of a cotton wick is that the wick moves out of the spike towards the tank when puffing on it (not that it floods). That keeps the juice from reaching the coil. Too thick of a wick causes it to wick too slowly. Both result in dry hits.

I figure the ss mesh would stay in place better.

Last edited:

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I figure the ss mesh would stay in place better.

I never had much luck with cotton wicks in the Type A atty, they do burn fast with high VG juices ...

The pre-oxidized stainless steel wick material seems to last indefinitely, it never burns on a dry hit like cotton or silica. The coils will still get gunked up eventually, but a dry burn cleaning fixes that. The re-wicked Type A atomizers last for months, until the coil eventually weakens and dies ... :(

I bought a bag of pre-rolled and pre-oxidized stainless steel wick material last year, it will last me a long time, they clean up well in an alcohol soak ...

Now it looks like VaporKings sells them individually, but you can get 4 or 5 Type A wicks from each stick, and they're only $1.95 each ... :thumbs:

I just don't have the manual dexterity to "roll my own" ... :blush:

Pre-rolled and oxidized stainless 400 mesh wick

If they're a little too fat to fit through the spike, you can unroll a bit and chop it off with scissors to reduce the diameter until its a snug fit ...

I found it helps to gently push a sewing pin through the center of the wick to open a small channel for better juice flow ...

Reactions: nicnik

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
On all the joyetech web sites its been marked down by 50% and lots of the spares (esp batts) are out of stock.

I think Joyetech had to discount the e-Roll C is because otherwise the kit would roughly be at the same price point as the much more powerful Ego One that was introduced at the beginning of this year.

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
This is starting to worry me. On the joyetech USA site..eroll c batteries are out of stock. Rocky mountain vapor is out of the silver. Joyetech has the original batteries in stock..but I want the eroll c guessing they are newer batteries and will probably work better. I need a couple new batteries and I am really hoping they are not slowly phasing the eroll out..it is all I use.

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
I got a classic eroll a while back. I hated the cold vape, blistering hot atty (never did understand why the atty was a inferno but the vape was ice cold), and the lack of flavor.

wanted to try the eroll c, but had a feeling I'd get the same results

$21.34 Alchemy Z5 100mAh Rechargeable E-Cigarette Starter Kit - 1ml / 1.8ohm / w/ 900mAh mobile charging box at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping this is looking promising, it looks very eroll like, but the coil looks alot like a protank head. and it can hold 2 fully assembled units, so youre ready to go. should be very fun to try and review once it comes in, might be a eroll killer for me =P

Reactions: Jin_888

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I got a classic eroll a while back. I hated the cold vape, blistering hot atty (never did understand why the atty was a inferno but the vape was ice cold), and the lack of flavor.

wanted to try the eroll c, but had a feeling I'd get the same results

$21.34 Alchemy Z5 100mAh Rechargeable E-Cigarette Starter Kit - 1ml / 1.8ohm / w/ 900mAh mobile charging box at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping this is looking promising, it looks very eroll like, but the coil looks alot like a protank head. and it can hold 2 fully assembled units, so youre ready to go. should be very fun to try and review once it comes in, might be a eroll killer for me =P
I couldn/t tell much about the coils from the pics. Would be nice if they had a better design than those ego-c coils.

This Z5 you linked to says it's threaded 808 connection, but doesn't look threaded. Probably proprietary. It's wider than an eroll - more like an 808. I wonder if it's any better than getting an 808 with a PCC.

milescadre

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
I couldn/t tell much about the coils from the pics. Would be nice if they had a better design than those ego-c coils.

This Z5 you linked to says it's threaded 808 connection, but doesn't look threaded. Probably proprietary. It's wider than an eroll - more like an 808. I wonder if it's any better than getting an 808 with a PCC.
if you look up their relacement coil heads, they do thread in with 808d threading to the battery. I doubt you can use cartos on it (which would be awesome if you can), but a 1.8 ohm head with a horizontal coil should be interesting to say the least.

100mah is gonna be brutal tho

I got one on order, gonna give a review when it arrives

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
if you look up their relacement coil heads, they do thread in with 808d threading to the battery. I doubt you can use cartos on it (which would be awesome if you can), but a 1.8 ohm head with a horizontal coil should be interesting to say the least.

That is why I bought Joyetech eCabs, since I already had a lot of Type A atties. There is an adapter you buy and i can use esmart and other small 510 threaded clearomizers on it. :)

The eCab ALSO takes a 10440 battery, so you can change out the batt (they are about size of an AAA that you use in remote TV controls) and each one last me about 2 hours.

Also, the Ecab cartridge holds a full 1ml of eliquid, as opposed to the eRoll. BUT you have to press a button to use eCab, just as you would most batts.

The eRoll, for looks, size, cigalike form factor, can't be beat though.

100mah is gonna be brutal tho

Sorry, I didn't look at the link,, but iwth the Joyetech eRoll, the PCC is over 1000mAH. So, your eRoll is charging in the slot while you are using the other one. Seems to take about 20min from fully discharged eroll batt. PCC lasts me all day.

WHAT KIND OF ATTIES does this Fasttech clone take? Not reallly interested in starting with all different atties as well.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
This is starting to worry me. On the joyetech USA site..eroll c batteries are out of stock. Rocky mountain vapor is out of the silver. Joyetech has the original batteries in stock..but I want the eroll c guessing they are newer batteries and will probably work better. I need a couple new batteries and I am really hoping they are not slowly phasing the eroll out..it is all I use.

Did you hit the Totally Wicked site? they had C kits in December for $35.....plus, they had a coupon at the time where they gave people who were already customers a free $7.50 credit for anything in the store. I love TW, since they are the ones who spent the money in UK to take their govt to court over ecigs, hired lobby group, etc. So I like to shop with those who "give back". They also have a US store front.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest

That's odd. I get a nice warm vape on my eRoll. And for the SIZE, it hits great.

I mean, it's not sub ohming or anything.

Atty only gets hot if I over vape on it. Since i have more than one batt I only take a few puffs then give a rest. When I was using nicotine (which I'm not anymore :banana:)
I would just put in a little higher nic than normal, so I didn't have to chain vape it anyway.

milescadre

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
That is why I bought Joyetech eCabs, since I already had a lot of Type A atties. There is an adapter you buy and i can use esmart and other small 510 threaded clearomizers on it. :)

The eCab ALSO takes a 10440 battery, so you can change out the batt (they are about size of an AAA that you use in remote TV controls) and each one last me about 2 hours.

Also, the Ecab cartridge holds a full 1ml of eliquid, as opposed to the eRoll. BUT you have to press a button to use eCab, just as you would most batts.

The eRoll, for looks, size, cigalike form factor, can't be beat though.

Sorry, I didn't look at the link,, but iwth the Joyetech eRoll, the PCC is over 1000mAH. So, your eRoll is charging in the slot while you are using the other one. Seems to take about 20min from fully discharged eroll batt. PCC lasts me all day.

WHAT KIND OF ATTIES does this Fasttech clone take? Not reallly interested in starting with all different atties as well.

The PCC the kit comes with is 900 mah, and 2 100mah batteries. total of 1100 mah, same as a eroll iirc. I want a auto battery, otherwise I'd just keep my goblin mini/zombi combo.

That's odd. I get a nice warm vape on my eRoll. And for the SIZE, it hits great.

I mean, it's not sub ohming or anything.

Atty only gets hot if I over vape on it. Since i have more than one batt I only take a few puffs then give a rest. When I was using nicotine (which I'm not anymore :banana:)
I would just put in a little higher nic than normal, so I didn't have to chain vape it anyway.

I've used atties similar to how the eroll is setup, and considering the resistance and all the factors going into it, I'm just amazd it gives me a ice cold vape. I mean, not cool like a mini protank, I mean ice cold. and dont forget the constant dry hits too =T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread