The Womper Woom OR You Might Be A Modwomper

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I'd like to try the vinegar and salt method to put a little patina on this brass Kraken. I was wondering if any of you have tried either the vinegar or ammonia to force a patina?
Kraken.jpg

Reactions: Lessifer

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I'd like to try the vinegar and salt method to put a little patina on this brass Kraken. I was wondering if any of you have tried either the vinegar or ammonia to force a patina?
View attachment 476492
I've thought about trying it on my stingray clone, but I think there's a layer of clear coat that I'd have to remove.

Reactions: TrollDragon

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Same here Reign. I have a few tanks but they all leak too easily in adverse conditions. My squonker doesn't as long as I don't leave too much juice in the RDA which is easy to avoid. Even handles the heat if I leave it on its side in the car for a while just fine.

The only problem I have has been recently it's been 100 degrees here, more like 108 with the heat index. And who knows how hot in my car even if it's only for 30 minutes or so the high PG juice that I ADV squonks like crazy. I've been carrying a roll of paper towels cause I'm already a notorious over squonker and when the juice flows like tap water I'm even worse about it. :p

I am gonna have to look into squonking now.

And so it begins.... :D

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
And so it begins.... :D

Maybe, maybe not. But it is worth looking into and during the next two week while I am at work. Lots of things I need to find out, like how hard would it be to convert a box mod I already have like the Telsa invader II into a squonk box and what all needs to be done to convert an RDA to be used on a squonk box.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Maybe, maybe not. But it is worth looking into and during the next two week while I am at work. Lots of things I need to find out, like how hard would it be to convert a box mod I already have like the Telsa invader II into a squonk box and what all needs to be done to convert an RDA to be used on a squonk box.

The box will be tricky but the rda's I have heard people have done it with a dremmel. Just need a hole through the 510 to the center pin and some drain holes on each side.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The only problem I have has been recently it's been 100 degrees here, more like 108 with the heat index. And who knows how hot in my car even if it's only for 30 minutes or so the high PG juice that I ADV squonks like crazy. I've been carrying a roll of paper towels cause I'm already a notorious over squonker and when the juice flows like tap water I'm even worse about it. :p

I hear ya. I find it's worse with high VG juice because I get used to squonking harder/longer and when it thins there's a bigger change to get used to. OTOH, once I got it through this thick skull that the juice is simply thinner when it's warm and remembered to remember that :rolleyes:, I have for the most part got over it. One thing I do sometimes when I squonk is look at an air hole. You can see the juice there before it leaks out and stop.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

RDA's are easy specially if you have a small drill press. I've done a few of them. You'll find a bunch of examples of how people have done it in the BF area on ECF and all over the net.

For mod conversion check out the bottom fed 510 connectors and parts at FatDaddy's. He's got various models and sizes. After that, it just depends on the layout of the mod.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
RDA's are easy specially if you have a small drill press. I've done a few of them. You'll find a bunch of examples of how people have done it in the BF area on ECF and all over the net.

For mod conversion check out the bottom fed 510 connectors and parts at FatDaddy's. He's got various models and sizes. After that, it just depends on the layout of the mod.

I did a good bit of googling and found some basic info on squonking but nothing to say how to mod an RDA or where to get parts to build your own squonk box. Only really benificial info was linked to ECF. Everything else I seen is attempts to sell premade boxs or links to where they sell them.
The one thing I am curious on the Ebay setup that I linked (and I did order one) was what is to prevent the juice from leaking between the box and the RDA. I didnt see any kind of seal where they mate up. (picture that I posted)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The one thing I am curious on the Ebay setup that I linked (and I did order one) was what is to prevent the juice from leaking between the box and the RDA. I didnt see any kind of seal where they mate up. (picture that I posted)

There has to an O-ring somewhere to make a juice seal. I think in this one it's the black ring around the mod's 510 positive pin at the bottom of the 510 screw threads. Then again I don't have one, so I also could be totally wrong ;)

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
The Smokeless Owl/Terminator has had good reviews. If anything, people aren't as thrilled about the atty. There are bf attys you can buy, including some cheap ones at FT, FC, Angelcigs, etc. Rob's prices at reosmods aren't bad either (half the price or less than buying authentic bf attys).

I'm thinking of picking up a second bf myself. Can't really afford a second Reo right now, but would love a second squonker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread