Status
Not open for further replies.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
In all honesty (and no offense intended) I could probably watch most reviewers with the sound off. Most videos don't even qualify as a review, heck I'd go as far as to say that what we're mostly watching are infomercials.

I'm a very (VERY) patient researcher. Most 'reviews' I watch on youtube I already know the technical specs so i watch for the pure aspect and to see what it's like in someone's hand. So I will agree that they, the reviewers, should be more careful with info and advice given. But at the end of the day they are human and sad to say less qualified than some of their viewers. With that said, the viewers shouldn't take their word for law and use that as an aid in doing their own homework.
And I'm happy they are the fortunate guinea pigs so i don't have to buy blindly or on pure number specs.

So true, that guy Mike is so clueless it hurts to listen to him speak. I only care about most reviews to have a closer look at a device; there's very few reviewers there that know what they're talking about.

Ec!g

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
NorCal, USA
The 9v was just an example it could be 6v or whatever. But why would one want a dedicated non usb adapter power supply in the first place? My phone chargers and my computers have usb connections. Why would you not use the cable provided?

I'm with you, partially, I have micro usb's everywhere. And also usb adapters out the wazoo, maybe that's where the simplicity of one dedicated charger would come in handy. Not for me since I've been charging 18650's b4 they were used in vaping but some may find it useful knowing that one cable is optimal for 'that' device ...for good. No need to read the back of the adapter each time wherever you may be to make sure it's optimal. Is that the tablet charger? The phone charger? The electric shoe polisher charger? Oh yeah I have a dedicated one meant for this device....just saying sounds easy and worry free for those that like simple.
Why put a barrel style jack inside the mod when all we're doing is charging one 18650 from a usb? I don't buy the sturdy excuse. I've been charging my note 3, daily (sometimes multiple times aday) for over two yrs with micro usb and still fits snug and charges with zero issues. But the ipv is diff and we know that, Mike was just relating his opinion on what he would do or advise, btw nothing wrong with his advice.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
So true, that guy Mike is so clueless it hurts to listen to him speak. I only care about most reviews to have a closer look at a device; there's very few reviewers there that know what they're talking about.

It is one thing to show a product and give personal opinions and quite another to relay unbiased information on a product, its feature set and overall functionality.
This is why I pay little attention to most Reviewers.
Then again I even get a little Chaffed at PBusardo at times.
* (2) Cloupor mini's, still functioning perfectly - and yes one is from Batch #2
Meltdown of a Few mods should not have happened, but Everyone, PB included screaming FIRE where there was little or none was full on hysteria.
Fire has requirements not available in that design Mod without battery failure.

Now - Flash over from quickly removing the Back quickly is a different matter. Sudden introduction of oxygen to high heat.;)

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Look at this web page on Apple USB power adapters for a good example: Apple - About Apple USB Power Adapters

The Apple iPhone chargers have an output of 5v / 1A - that will work fine with the USB cable provided with the IPV D2 as it is within the specs published by P4U.

The Apple iPad chargers have an output of 5.1v / 2.1A - although the voltage is within the range of the IPV D2 as specified by P4U, it has way more amperage than specified and it exceeds the charging limit of the type of 18650 batteries that it uses. I don't know if the IPV D2 limits this higher amperage, but if it doesn't it could damage your batteries and possibly result in an explosion (the specified standard charging current on a Sony VTC5 is 1.5A for example).

Personally, I use an external charger for my batteries and I will stash the provided USB cable away as soon as I get it because I will never use it.

This is, of course, ridiculous if it turns out to be true. If it is supplied with 2A it should take 1A from that and no more if that is its spec. If not, the charge regulation is screwed and the device is a POS for that reason. My bet/hope is it will take 1A only and everything is cool. However IPVs and charging have a chequered history. I will also be charging in a charger!

Last edited:
Reactions: gerrymi

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
This ridiculous. If it is supplied with 2A it should take 1A from that and no more if that is its spec. If not, the charge regulation is screwed and the device is a POS for that reason. My bet is it will take 1A only and everything is cool. However IPVs and charging have a chequered history. I will be charging in a charger!

Thanks for piling on Steve - I really appreciate it! Please note what I said: I don't know if the IPV D2 limits this higher amperage. This was later clarified by Ecig and I am now more educated.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Thanks for piling on Steve - I really appreciate it! Please note what I said: I don't know if the IPV D2 limits this higher amperage.

Noooo! Sorry bud wasn't beating on you. Was agreeing if anything. I meant it's ridiculous if it isn't doing the right thing!! Not your post which was right on point!!!
Cheers
Steve

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
How many of you involved in this thread actually use the charge port effectively losing the mod for some time, pass through use doesn't count...I'm sure most if not everyone here that's been vaping more than a minute owns more than one 18650 battery and a proper charger, if the D2 or any other device didn't have a charge port I personally wouldn't miss it.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I didnt see this. What is the conclusion?? Yay or nay??

Ecig stated that "The ipv d2 has its own internal 5v to 4.2v stepdown charging circuit that limits to a max of 1A regardless if the input is higher. If input is lower than 1A the ultimate charging rate is of 'that' input."

I still won't use a mod's internal charger as I don't want to have to put it out of rotation as it charges (it reminds me of my cigalike and eGo days) and I've read enough posts about problems with some devices' internal charging circuitry that I don't want to risk anything as I've become accustomed to charging all of my batteries on an external charger and rotating through them.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Ecig stated that "The ipv d2 has its own internal 5v to 4.2v stepdown charging circuit that limits to a max of 1A regardless if the input is higher. If input is lower than 1A the ultimate charging rate is of 'that' input."

I still won't use a mod's internal charger as I don't want to have to put it out of rotation as it charges (it reminds me of my cigalike and eGo days) and I've read enough posts about problems with some devices' internal charging circuitry that I don't want to risk anything as I've become accustomed to charging all of my batteries on an external charger and rotating through them.
I agree absolutely. To be honest I have charged on-board but every time I end up sitting and watching the damn thing in case something goes wrong so what is the point. Changing a batt isn't so hard and looks pretty easy on this one!! Why tempt fate?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Well their last IPV mini's charge fine from the comments of many right here on ECF.
A lot of the earlier ones would have also if P4Y and Users understood each other.
China Manufacturers didn't understand PASS through Vaping(language barrier) until less than a year ago.
Vapors still are clueless you cannot Vape on a Depleted Battery with a Sub-ohm setup simply by plugging in the USB Charger.
Circuits go stupid under current fluctuation and chips flake out. Boom, crapped out mod.
Most of us that understand this also understand Box charging is a simpler/better way of doing things.;)

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
OK gang, my first titanium build on a SubTank mini measures .187ohms, 2.5mm, 26 gauge grade 1,6 wrap, I'm looking for temp/joule recommendations…seems like this temp control thing is going to take lots fiddling with settings to find the sweet spot…something I don't really have the patience for, but i'll give it a try for a bit before going back to my standard and exceptional performing Nichrome setup.

It's a micro coil by the way…no spaces.

heateris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
SEPA
Ermagawd... I hate waiting for preorders. Are these things shipping yet?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Got this today-

Hello
Hope you all have a great day.

Thank you for your visit to our website, we have been committed to provide you
with a better shopping experience.

I am very sorry to inform you that you have ordered IPV D2 from us , due to the factory still
have not start selling in China,we have been trying to get the goods to our USA warehouse
at present, and trying our best to ship it to you once we get in stock.

Again, we are really sorry for any inconveience to you.

Best Regards.

support@efun.top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
OK gang, my first titanium build on a SubTank mini measures .187ohms, 2.5mm, 26 gauge grade 1,6 wrap, I'm looking for temp/joule recommendations…seems like this temp control thing is going to take lots fiddling with settings to find the sweet spot…something I don't really have the patience for, but i'll give it a try for a bit before going back to my standard and exceptional performing Nichrome setup.

Not even going to touch this right now. Not until I have mine in hand to get an idea of what is and isn't going to happen.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States

I heard people on this thread earlier talking about vaping at 400 degrees. Maybe start there. I still don't understand the joules thing. Why don't they use watts instead?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread