Not open for further replies.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Be sure to clean your wires, preferably with an ultrasonic. The nasty machining oil is much more noticeable on the Gem, because it is not a juice-guzzler.
The Kanthal/ni200 wire? I don't have an ultrasonic cleaner - do you have a recommendation for one?

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Don't under estimate the metal magician. The Hana V200 is already out and significantly smaller than the Opus or Vaporflask. The Vaporshark was the smallest DNA40 for a long time but then the sbody macro beat them. If Mark does go for a DNA200 I'll be very interested to see what he comes up with.

Mark might be a metal magician, but batteries are batteries. Also, the DNA200 chip is much bigger than the DNA 40, so you can cut down on height and width only so much. About the only real advantage for MB I see here is that with the hybrid connector, as one can either save space or use a bigger battery compared to a 510 connector.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I'm not interested in a DNA200 so it has no bearing on me, but we do need to keep on MB for a spears parts offer.
DNA200 is not just about 200 ~ there's a whole lot of other goodies in it ~ and a few more to be added :)

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Ok, so I just put (hot) water in this with dawn soap and use it to clean my coil wire and the atomizer? Sorry, haven't used an ultrasonic cleaner before.

Reactions: qorax

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Ok, so I just put (hot) water in this with dawn soap and use it to clean my coil wire and the atomizer? Sorry, haven't used an ultrasonic cleaner before.

Someone once inquired about this before, so this was the reply I sent by pm:

---

I just use hot water and a couple drops of dish soap. I also make sure that nothing will rub up against each other if I can, particular nice metal stuff. I also use the plastic tray, as I've read it's best not to have something resting on the metal bottom. Always check for anything small that may have shaken loose, this happens sometimes with post screws or o-rings.

This is the drying mat I use for my attys, just fyi:
Amazon.com: OXO Good Grips Silicone Stemware Drying Mat: Dish Racks: Kitchen & Dining

Nothing special about it, except that there are no holes for things to get lost through and it doesn't take a lot of space and can easily be put away.

Otherwise, don't use you an alcohol soak or anything else acidic or alkaline, because if you forget your attys in their long enough (e.g., overnight) it can erode the chromium oxide layer.

I use the ultrasonic to pretty much clean all my atomizers and wire. Depending on how dirty it is, I may only give it a 3 minute clean or something longer.

---

One other thing I'll add since then is that I noticed the center of the tray has finer holes than the outer section, so anything involving tiny screws or parts goes there. I also have a fine screen debris catcher in my sink, not that I bought it for this, but it makes sure nothing goes down the drain. ;)

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Someone once inquired about this before, so this was the reply I sent by pm:

---

I just use hot water and a couple drops of dish soap. I also make sure that nothing will rub up against each other if I can, particular nice metal stuff. I also use the plastic tray, as I've read it's best not to have something resting on the metal bottom. Always check for anything small that may have shaken loose, this happens sometimes with post screws or o-rings.

This is the drying mat I use for my attys, just fyi:
Amazon.com: OXO Good Grips Silicone Stemware Drying Mat: Dish Racks: Kitchen & Dining

Nothing special about it, except that there are no holes for things to get lost through and it doesn't take a lot of space and can easily be put away.

Otherwise, don't use you an alcohol soak or anything else acidic or alkaline, because if you forget your attys in their long enough (e.g., overnight) it can erode the chromium oxide layer.

I use the ultrasonic to pretty much clean all my atomizers and wire. Depending on how dirty it is, I may only give it a 3 minute clean or something longer.

---

One other thing I'll add since then is that I noticed the center of the tray has finer holes than the outer section, so anything involving tiny screws or parts goes there. I also have a fine screen debris catcher in my sink, not that I bought it for this, but it makes sure nothing goes down the drain. ;)
Thank you - that is extremely helpful. Appreciate the links - Amazon loves me.

Reactions: Yozhik

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
Still trying to tune my GEM. The flavor isn't as great as I was expecting, and I noticed air bubbles only come out of one hole. I've tried rewicking, no change. It also gets pretty hot and often sizzles after firing. The coil dry burns evenly. Its on my WAEII 28g kanthal 8 wraps, 1.5 ohm, 12W.

Any ideas before I tear the whole tank down and start from scratch?

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Anybody using GEM with nickel spaced builds? I am curious on two points. First, are there any problems about resistance on nickel build. Second, how many wraps max possible for spaced coils because of the tiny space for coils in GEM?

Nickel is fine, so long as you don't allow too much e-residue to build up on the build deck/base plate interface. I typically use 4~5 wraps at 28awg on a 2.5mm coil.

IanDVaypes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Austin, TX
Hey everyone. I just picked up this RTA and have been very pleased with it so far. My only confusion to this point is the best way to drain the tank if one wants to replace the current juice contents with something else. Best way I've found so far is to remove the filling top cap entirely but this has been somewhat messy. Any tips?
Use a syringe?

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
Hey everyone. I just picked up this RTA and have been very pleased with it so far. My only confusion to this point is the best way to drain the tank if one wants to replace the current juice contents with something else. Best way I've found so far is to remove the filling top cap entirely but this has been somewhat messy. Any tips?

Unscrew the top cap, turn upside down into a shot glass (happens to be 30 ml). That way when you use the syringe, to return joose to a bottle, you'll get every drop...wasting nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread