Mini Nautilus leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefly0434

May 10, 2013
Newark OH
I am fairly new to vaping and ordered an istick 30w and a nautilus mini which arrived to me this last Friday. I read all the instructions and loaded it up, used it all evening Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday...however this morning I went to use it on the way to work and all the juice was leaking out of the air hole? I of course had no extra supplies on me so I had to wait until I got home to mess with it. I just put a different coil in, put juice in, finger tightened it, primed it and then set it upright for about 30 minutes. Same thing all the juice is leaking out of the air hole...what am I doing wrong here?

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
My Minis have leaked a grand total of twice.

Once was me loosening the bottom to the tank when trying to turn the air hole dial. Lost half a tanks before I figured it out.

The other time I left it in the car 3 weeks back in the July heat. The 70/30 juice was verrrrry thin from hours of 120F inside the car. It seeped from the air holes.

Reactions: firefly0434

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
The o ring is there and looks to be ok. I have another question? Is it possible that its clogged because I use 100% VG?
I would not use 100 VG in the Mini, 50/50 at the most. It may not be the cause but sure can make it appear clogged, too thick to get proper airflow.

firefly0434

May 10, 2013
Newark OH
0730151654-1.jpg
This is the coil that came with it

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
View attachment 476602 This is the coil that came with it
Hmm... that's the new cotton coil. They wick lots better than the older coils. Have you tried a juice with more VG? Your liquid might be thin enough to flood the coil. Once that happens the juice has no place to go except down in the afc ring and out the air holes.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I am fairly new to vaping and ordered an istick 30w and a nautilus mini which arrived to me this last Friday. I read all the instructions and loaded it up, used it all evening Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday...however this morning I went to use it on the way to work and all the juice was leaking out of the air hole? I of course had no extra supplies on me so I had to wait until I got home to mess with it. I just put a different coil in, put juice in, finger tightened it, primed it and then set it upright for about 30 minutes. Same thing all the juice is leaking out of the air hole...what am I doing wrong here?
If you're doing everything right it won't leak could be a defective top part maybe? Just to make sure read your instructions again and fill like they say. Make sure the top part is snug but don't tighten hard. Screw the coil tight until it won't turn. Fill from the bottom, put a little juice on the seal and screw the bottom on but don't snug it hard. When removing the bottom wrap your hand around the glass if you hold it by the top cap it will loosen as you unscrew the bottom and you don't want that. I would also try a new coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread