Joyetech eGrip - I am loving this thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cellodick

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
Hollywood
The battery is the same size, so OHMS formula would be the same for a unit that can do up to 20 watts. Build the RBA accordingly.
Right, but the old one won't work below 1.2 ohms even though it's 20 watts, will this fire below 1 ohm ????? Doesn't it say something about sub ohm on the box??

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Printed on the top of box only says "Subohm Solution". So perhaps the software to the board allows it now? I don't do sub ohm, so I can't test for you, someone else here may? I have vaped a bit at 20 watts with the stock coil, and the unit gets warm, not sure how this thing would handle the HEAT with sub ohm vaping, let us know! good luck.

Cellodick

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
Hollywood
Printed on the top of box only says "Subohm Solution". So perhaps the software to the board allows it now? I don't do sub ohm, so I can't test for you, someone else here may? I have vaped a bit at 20 watts with the stock coil, and the unit gets warm, not sure how this thing would handle the HEAT with sub ohm vaping, let us know! good luck.
Thanks. I'll check it out when I get one.
A .5 ohm coil at 20 watts will be much cooler than the 1.5 at 20 watts, so heat shouldn't be a problem.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Been so outta the vaping loop for a few months. No forum or browsing for newest products. I didn't even know about the oled version... oh my... my egrip has been sitting for two weeks cuz for some reason my coils are gunk in up too quick and I have been to tired to maintain it. I am interested in some advice on a new build, spaced coil perhaps? I have 28 & 30 guage kanthal...

Last edited:

vibez

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
UK
I've had 2 of the original egrips with the rba bases and they are great. So I decided to treat myself to the new OLED version. The problem is that this new version seems really hard to draw on compared to my other egrips. I've used the same coils in both and the old ones kick out twice as much vapour with the same RBA.

I've contacted my vendor, "vape escape" and they tell me they would need to find a specific fault though which is why it’s worth double checking coils etc. A comparison with a previous model isn’t a fault.

The button is also incredibly tight to rotate which is a pain considering how much you have spin it to go up and down in voltage

Can anyone help, I really love egrips but this OLED just isn't enjoyable as the original ones

Last edited:

MrSparkle

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Chicagoland
Heya folks - been away from the forum a minute. Mainly cuz I've settled into a groove with my two non-OLED eGrips - both RBAs with a DIY vertical 1.5 ohm coil (search my previous posts or those by forum member Rutch).

1) I'm bummed the OLED isn't offered in wood (but I see evidence in Google image searches, mainly German sites).

2) The pearl white is intriguing - funny how Joyetech picks all these car paint colors now. Where's the John Player Special / Pontiac Trans Am black and gold for the eVic-VT? :D

3) I still get some very occasional and minor leaking, but that's all on the DIY vertical coil build and getting the wicking right for it. Plus my new gig has me out and about in a truck all day, so there's much more environmental variation to consider. I mix a couple flavors to get

4) Considering the truck thing, I kinda don't want a fancy screen to complicate my life and get scratched up. I still do the dial down to 8 watts for the morning thing, then click up to 12.5 for the day. Battery life has been great, still getting 12-14 hours out of a full charge (but keep in mind I have two units, one for out of the house and one that stays home (unless I forget to charge the other one).

5) The DIY vertical coil seems complicated at first, but I'm still on coils I did back in late May, and I wick both units in less than an hour every 7-10 days. The wicking involves some fussy cutting / splitting / wrapping in a certain method two separate pieces of cotton, and there have been times I've had to redo one, but it's been worth it. I'm not much of a flavor changer, and been very happy with a 50/50 mix of Dekang USA Mix 16 mg VG, and Cignot's Basic Tobeecco (tobacco & honey) 12 mg VG (has ~2% PG which helps with viscosity).

Like I said: in the groove now, and geeking out less on it. And very satisfied: see my signature.

Dimplegirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
New Jersey
Just got my eGrip yesterday. Love it. I too have a basket of "rejects" and lots of money spent on garbage. One thing I don't understand is why are there two holes to fill with liquid? Kind of hard to just fill the bigger one. Any comments?

If you are talking about the two holes on the side, I would assume 1 is to the fill with fluid and the other is to let the air (pressure) out as you fill.

I love my eGrips :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread