how many watts do you normally vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
500 watts....holy hell what would that be like? Fried vapor?

I use 80 watts on my 0.2 ohm VCT Pro. I could never imagine going past 120-150 watts. I'd never want to.
lots of coils... Lots

The realistic limit is ~60w per coil so if you were to build a 500W setup you'd need 8 or 10 coils.

Reactions: WillyZee

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
500 watts....holy hell what would that be like? Fried vapor?

I use 80 watts on my 0.2 ohm VCT Pro. I could never imagine going past 120-150 watts. I'd never want to.

Trick is to make a coil that can withstand a second or two of perceived high-wattage. Whether or not it actually produces 250-500 watts of vapor - now that's not very interesting.

One could run 1000 watts through the springs off a car suspension. It would likely produce one of the least impressive vapes around. Keep feeding it 1000 watts, and at some point it may get hot enough to give off some vapor. In reality it has more in common with ambient heating than vaping.

Last edited:

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    6 watts on my regular clearos, 12.1 right now on the dripper. I was pushing it up to 20 or slightly over, after a few days of that my ability to handle it and interest in high speed inhaling dropped off so much I was getting burning at 14. So I whipped up a smaller build. Even when I was at 20, I tried many different coils and always ended up setting it the same, apparently I'm the limiting factor. Resistance, I run from 0.6 ohm at 3.2 volts, but also liked twisted #32 2.4 ohms at up to 7 volts.

juggler86

ECF Veteran
    Feb 1, 2015
    Wisconsin
    6 watts on my regular clearos, 12.1 right now on the dripper. I was pushing it up to 20 or slightly over, after a few days of that my ability to handle it and interest in high speed inhaling dropped off so much I was getting burning at 14. So I whipped up a smaller build. Even when I was at 20, I tried many different coils and always ended up setting it the same, apparently I'm the limiting factor. Resistance, I run from 0.6 ohm at 3.2 volts, but also liked twisted #32 2.4 ohms at up to 7 volts.

Your wicking is the problem, there is no way you should be getterimr burnt hit. Were u even gettingvapor at 14w with a .6 coil?

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Your wicking is the problem, there is no way you should be getterimr burnt hit. Were u even gettingvapor at 14w with a .6 coil?
    It was the same wick as I was using at 20W, considered that and rewicked, same thing, diff. atty, same thing. If the air isn't being pulled through because it just feels too hot, the heat just sits there and increases. I was all about the heat flux, etc. but it changes when the limiting factor is the vaper not the vape. I'm sure that relates to some of the things that happen with other people at their higher power... I'd also forgot to change the power setting before and left it set low a couple of times and took a while to notice, still had lots of vapor. Even with a tight airflow setting, the RDA has so much more air than a clearo the cloud is 4x at only 2x the power. The .6 ohm coils are just a fairly fat wire (#26 or twisted) 5-6 wraps 5/64", some wound for a weak, lossy mech, which the iStick 30 exceeds easily.

WattWick

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    my lung capacity is not sufficient to enjoy vaping at extreme levels

You could always try to develop some kind of inverse oboist embouchures (yeah had to look that up)
    I think it's the next big thing in vaping.

Random oboist embouchure picture off the world wide internet. Hope the "victim" don't feel violated:

correct-embouchure-from-side.jpg

stevegmu

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 10, 2013
    6992 kilometers from home...
    Guess some of us won't be competing on the Pro Vaping circuit.

Sent via iPhone

It's not for everyone. Jet setting around the world, dealing with the constant media attention, the paparazzi, the never ending tour circuit... The rewards are there, though. Money, women, the cribs...

Reactions: WillyZee
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread