Ikenvapers Chat (the door is open for EVERYBODY! Come on in.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Afternoon Ikenville :)

Got Chase to the vet this morning around 7:30. He is in good hands. Had a long talk to the vet who will be doing the surgery and she assured me that if there is anything in his blood work that suggests he won;t handle the surgery, she would not do it and call. Otherwise she will call late afternoon to let me know how he's doing when they are finished.

Deep breaths...I know he'll be fine!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
You'll be getting a call soon, Bovi. He's going to be fine.

I know I've been self-absorbed of late, but WHAT did I miss with J5? A TIA scare???

Sorry guys. I've been preparing for my first vacation in a year, and have been pushing myself past the limits.

I know he's OK (now). That's a GOOD thing.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
About a month ago my son told me I quit responding to him. He went up and grabbed my daughter and both of them tried to get a response but nothing. Only about 5 min. My eyes were open but that was all. I went to the ER and they said I had a TIA.
Welp this morning I went to a neurologist appt. and he said it wasn't a TIA. He ordered an MRI and some other stuff but told me they don't know what to call what I had so they call it a staring spell. They don't know what causes them but they are no where close to being as bad as a TIA. I was very happy to hear that.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
About a month ago my son told me I quit responding to him. He went up and grabbed my daughter and both of them tried to get a response but nothing. Only about 5 min. My eyes were open but that was all. I went to the ER and they said I had a TIA.
Welp this morning I went to a neurologist appt. and he said it wasn't a TIA. He ordered an MRI and some other stuff but told me they don't know what to call what I had so they call it a staring spell. They don't know what causes them but they are no where close to being as bad as a TIA. I was very happy to hear that.

Okay, thanks. I recall that. I thought something happened again.

I love how they say so conclusively that it wasn't. I'm sorry, but the truth is that they do not know. Reality...

Or, at the very least, my hard-headed opinion. The important thing is that there was no lingering damage - so they classify it as "not".

... doctors.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Okay, thanks. I recall that. I thought something happened again.

I love how they say so conclusively that it wasn't. I'm sorry, but the truth is that they do not know. Reality...

Or, at the very least, my hard-headed opinion. The important thing is that there was no lingering damage - so they classify it as "not".

... doctors.
He checked me out and said TIAs don't act like what I had. He's the director at the neurology center at the hospital so I'm confident he knows what he's talking about.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Welp, right after DP ate my hamburger this morning, I had to make a Dr demanded trip to the ER. Another bleeding issue they think is related to my ibuprofen use.

Blood work, IV fluids, and the only way I could get to come home tonight was by promising the Gastro Dr that I would follow up with his office tomorrow. There is a colonoscopy with my name on it :cry:
Oh man Miss D! Ibuprofen is some SCARY stuff. Some docs suggests taking a LOT of food before popping those, some just don't. Just like DP said, money and lobbying goes a long way in this country. I hope you will be ok. You should be totally fine. Now if it was a recurring problem, then it would call for worry, I think. Thoughts for Chase!

No Bueno!!!!!! I, too, have to see my doctor and have surgery in order... Hoping you feel better Bov!
You too man! Best of luck! I had to follow KK and not google that! :laugh: but I did look up the procedure and history. You definitely did the right thing to wait it out for tech to catch up.

J%, you are always in my thoughts and prayers man. At least your one step closer to nailing this thing in the bag.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Oh man Miss D! Ibuprofen is some SCARY stuff. Some docs suggests taking a LOT of food before popping those, some just don't. Just like DP said, money and lobbying goes a long way in this country. I hope you will be ok. You should be totally fine. Now if it was a recurring problem, then it would call for worry, I think. Thoughts for Chase!

You too man! Best of luck! I had to follow KK and not google that! :laugh: but I did look up the procedure and history. You definitely did the right thing to wait it out for tech to catch up.

J%, you are always in my thoughts and prayers man. At least your one step closer to nailing this thing in the bag.
And how is Isaac? We all want to know how life is treating you. You are in all of our thoughts my friend.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Anyone that wants Windows 10 free and didn't get the app can get it here. Windows 10
I'm putting it on my other computer to see if I like it.

Let us know, would ya? I've got a machine upstairs that I'm considering putting it on. It's the one that has "8" on it now, which I have decided is less useful than a politician.
  • There's a guy on the corner in a Windows cardboard cutout suit, handing out the CD's, along with a coupon for a free order of fries.
  • My neighborhood Jehova's Witnesses gave me one with my weekly copy of The Watchtower.
  • Rumor has it that local massage parlors are also handing them out with every "order".
  • Even the federal government is offering them a deeply discounted price, only $199.95 ("But wait! There's more!!!")

I never thought I'd see the day that Microsoft became so desperate.
Windows 8
Even ME didn't suck THIS badly.
And why don't just forget about the number "9" altogether - whaddya's say?
One more chance? Please?
Google & Apple are both about to lap us.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
He checked me out and said TIAs don't act like what I had. He's the director at the neurology center at the hospital so I'm confident he knows what he's talking about.

Yeah, sorry. I've just become cynical. I believe they're all full of....

- "guesses". They're all full of guesses. :|

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(translated: "What he said!")

What both of them said! How is Isaac?

I'm happy to report that I'm one happy Mamma right now! Vet just called, Chase is out of surgery, awake, and doing fine. Best news of all is that she said when they got all the tartar scraped away she was amazed to discover that his teeth were in excellent shape...not a single one needed to be pulled :banana::w00t:

I can go pick him up around 5pm...yay!! Thank you all for your thoughts and positive energy :wub:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

I'm happy to report that I'm one happy Mamma right now! Vet just called, Chase is out of surgery, awake, and doing fine. Best news of all is that she said when they got all the tartar scraped away she was amazed to discover that his teeth were in excellent shape...not a single one needed to be pulled :banana::w00t:

I can go pick him up around 5pm...yay!! Thank you all for your thoughts and positive energy :wub:

:):):):):):):):):):)

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
And how is Isaac? We all want to know how life is treating you. You are in all of our thoughts my friend.
Still living my friend. Val's parents were here for the past week and just left this morning. It was a nice treat to hang out with them. Val's stepfather is awfully ill. Nowadays it seems cancer is the biggest trend.
I have been drawing up designs for a threaded RBC (rebuildable cartomizer) is that a thing yet? God knows, this market is so sparse.

WOOO HOO Miss d! That is GREAT news!!!!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Let us know, would ya? I've got a machine upstairs that I'm considering putting it on. It's the one that has "8" on it now, which I have decided is less useful than a politician.
  • There's a guy on the corner in a Windows cardboard cutout suit, handing out the CD's, along with a coupon for a free order of fries.
  • My neighborhood Jehova's Witnesses gave me one with my weekly copy of The Watchtower.
  • Rumor has it that local massage parlors are also handing them out with every "order".
  • Even the federal government is offering them a deeply discounted price, only $199.95 ("But wait! There's more!!!")

I never thought I'd see the day that Microsoft became so desperate.
Windows 8
Even ME didn't suck THIS badly.
And why don't just forget about the number "9" altogether - whaddya's say?
One more chance? Please?
Google & Apple are both about to lap us.
As far as I'm concerned windows 8 is an embarrassment to Microsoft. I've looked at buying new computers and the deal breaker was I couldn't get it with 7 instead of 8.
10 doesn't look too bad to me. Especially if you're one of those that live on social media. It's a mixture of the good parts of 8 and 7. The nice part is you have a lot of control in how it's setup.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Still living my friend. Val's parents were here for the past week and just left this morning. It was a nice treat to hang out with them. Val's stepfather is awfully ill. Nowadays it seems cancer is the biggest trend.
I have been drawing up designs for a threaded RBC (rebuildable cartomizer) is that a thing yet? God knows, this market is so sparse.
WOOO HOO Miss d! That is GREAT news!!!!
OOH the rbc sounds great. I'm in when you get it done. It would be great for Billet Boxes.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
That's wonderful Bo.

happy_yippee.gif~c200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread