Sigelei 75w Boxmod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Levin

Jun 20, 2015
This box is a revolutionary new piece from sigelei. With its 75w temp control there isn't much you can't do with this device. Single 18650 battery with a very compact good looking design this might just be the box for you!!
1ff6bf5b4c1e402e1e67cf78f9b84715.jpg

rse1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Aloha, OR USA (near portland)
I just ordered one and am looking forward to trying it out. I wish the sides matched the body. Oh well, if I love it I may anodyze the sides myself to get a fully black mod. It isn't clear if one can use this as a pass-thru while charging (the 30W owners manual specifically says not to do this with that device - I hope sigelei made a better charging circuit with this model). I just couldn't wait for the Sigelei 150W TC device to be available. I have become enamored of TC with my Evic TC and IPV4 but wanted something a bit smaller/lighter to carry around in my shirt pocket.

muldrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Easton, MD
You're gonna love the looks of it.
Personally I haven't tried one, but very tempted, also because of the size and the charging capabilities.

Update: Decided to check one out...and buy it (yes, I have to buy my own stuff).
Checking out the manual, says nothing about charging, USB cable, etc.
Plugged it in and vaped, no errors, and it is charging. So I see no issues there.
One point with that though is that it will likely take much longer to charge than a standard charger.

Me very happy with it, with the Triton tank and the VA Premium eLiquid:

IMG_1077.jpg

rse1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Thanks Muldrick for checking out the charging/pass-thru capability. I don't plan on normally using the charging ability but wanted to know if it worked. I get 2-3 hours out of an efest 2500 mah 18650 battery on this unit and don't want to change batteries while driving. I was surprised that the package included a USB cable and the manual never even mentioned it. With some Ecig power source units using USB only for data downloads this needs clarification in the manual. Especially since the Sigelei 30W specifically said to use the USB cable for charging but to NOT use the unit as a pass-thru. I am very safety conscious and my imagination runs wild with statements like that.

Vapor production and flavor is great on this unit using temp control with an Atlantis tank and a nickel coil.

When will Sigelei wise up and change their key lock so that it doesn't lock the power button. The way they implement this function it duplicates a power off and doesn't add any value. I much prefer the key lock on the Cloupor and Eleaf istick that just prevents changing settings (disables up/down buttons).

muldrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Easton, MD
Same here, about 3-4 hours.
USB, the only device I am aware of for data are the IPV's. Most all others are for charging.
I agree on the lock, but these buttons seem to be located to where I haven't "pushed" any watt changes.

Watcha think of the appearance, size etc? I like the way both side are magnetic and removeable.

rse1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
I like the functionality and size - it fits nicely in a shirt pocket and in the hand. Even though it seems a bit boxy/clunky, it's smaller and lighter than most of its competitors (all except the iStick TC40W - which is a bit too small for comfort in my hand). I wish they had designed it a bit bigger so they could taper the front and back more and make it feel more rounded.

The matte black on the body looks and feels great. Great texture and doesn't hold fingerprints.

Having both sides be removable sure makes changing the battery easier (but so would a ribbon pull, as used on most mods). The polished silver metal sides are fingerprint magnets ( I wish they had the same finish as the body) and the side with the Sigelei emblem doesn't seat perfectly each time (I have to fiddle with it to get it to stop rattling and seat on both sides).

The ease of changing the battery is negated if one uses the included silicon sleeve - it is such a P.I.T.A. to put on/take off but it does its job nicely of protecting the mod from dings/scratches and makes it less likely to inadvertently hit buttons if one puts the mod in a pocket without turning it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread