Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
moanin' Voltville.

We finally got a call at about 12:30 last night and Bo made it through the surgery with no problems at all. For his age, he is actually in excellent shape. No other organs were affected by the stomach being twisted, which happens fairly often, and they attached his stomach to a side wall of his body cavity to help prevent it from happening again.

We're going to see him, and bring him some food later today. He'll be in the hospital until tomorrow, at least, and maybe until Saturday. I'm guessing tomorrow, he does seem to recover pretty quickly, but you never know. He will be eight next month, and for a dog his size, that is getting fairly old.

We're both dragging this morning from being up well past our regular bedtime. Mrs. Awsum took the day off and I'm cancelling my chiropractor appointment as well. I feel fine, other than tired, so I can live without going out there as well.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I'm glad Bo has gotten through surgery safely, awsum. Poor Bo.

I know you and Mrs. Awsum are going to be glad to see your big guy.

Good morning, Voltpeeps.

I think Crystal is coming over to play with the horsies. I think Robin is coming over to pick veggies with us. Then, I am getting out of Dodge and driving to Portola with a friend...because we can.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I'm a hunt and peck typist, too. What makes it bad is the touchpad on the laptop getting brushed. I've either got to shut it off or make a cover for it.

Oh - I hear Ya', worse for "Me" is typing something using a tablet, however I finally found an app for the tablet that I can use which is much better (I think I posted about before) and that has cursor keys on the keyboard . . . :thumbs:

Ten-finger typing is fun, and you can start learning today!! Just google for a list of hundreds of places.

My mother FORCED me to take typing at summer school when I was in high school. I will forever be grateful.

NOPE - NA DA - NOT HAPPENING . . . While I may be quite good at using all 10 fingers for a lot of things - I was never able to manipulate them well enough for typing - even when I took a typing class in High School . . . Especially when it is such a "Forced" practice . . . But - Thanks for the suggestion . . . :D

Yes, that is I holding the onions.
I type ten finger typing and it is a handy skill to have:)

Well - "Young Lady" don't Ya' look good and so proud of all that garden fresh produce just harvested . . . :thumbs:
As for being a 10 finger typist - all I gotta say is . . . :img:

Here is a view of puffy clouds from my back porch.

Absolutely Beautiful . . . :D :thumbs:

But just make sure you retire soon enough to have time to enjoy all that stuff.

AND - If I may be so bold to suggest, retirement should always be before "Your" body gives out too . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

@awsum140 . . . Really can't like "Your" post about "BO" even if it is to acknowledge that I read it . . . However, I am glad to read that his surgery went well and he is on the mend . . . Of Course - Sending "BO" . . . "GOOD VIBES" & "Healing Thoughts" . . . :D

AND - Although it is virtual - something special or "BO" . . .
get-well-soon_t.jpg

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Hasn't been a good night. Mrs. Awsum went out to the garden to pick green beans and noticed a few holes in the mesh around our blueberry enclosure. I had fixed two holes on Monday that I made with the mower and these were new, a total of four more. So I dug out some left over chicken wire and patched everything up. These critters are getting too aggressive!

When we came in Mrs. Awum went right into the shower. I noticed Bo wasn't acting right. He was very restless and would only lay down for a few seconds, then get up and wander. Then he started "yakking" like he was going to throw up, but didn't. Then he wandered again, very slowly even for him. We tried giving him some Pepcid in chicken and he wouldn't eat it. He has never not eaten anything we've given him. He wouldn't drink, either, just a few laps then nothing.

We took him outside and he wandered and yakked a few more times. So, we took him to the vet. He's in surgery right now and we're waiting for a phone call. He has "the bloat". We can't figure out how his stomach got twisted. Yeah, barrel chested dogs are more prone to it, but it generally happens with a full stomach and heavy exercise. Bo is not a very active dog at all. While we were out working on the blueberry enclosure, after we all had dinner, he sat at the sliding glass door watching us.

The poor guy can't catch a break. This is his third, major, surgery plus he's had a few minor ones along the way, too.

Oh I am so sorry. Bo is in my prayers. Thankfully you noticed when you did. Good vibes to Bo, you, and your wife.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
moanin' Voltville.

We finally got a call at about 12:30 last night and Bo made it through the surgery with no problems at all. For his age, he is actually in excellent shape. No other organs were affected by the stomach being twisted, which happens fairly often, and they attached his stomach to a side wall of his body cavity to help prevent it from happening again.

We're going to see him, and bring him some food later today. He'll be in the hospital until tomorrow, at least, and maybe until Saturday. I'm guessing tomorrow, he does seem to recover pretty quickly, but you never know. He will be eight next month, and for a dog his size, that is getting fairly old.
We're both dragging this morning from being up well past our regular bedtime. Mrs. Awsum took the day off and I'm cancelling my chiropractor appointment as well. I feel fine, other than tired, so I can live without going out there as well.
That is great to hear :) 8 is getting up there for a large dog :) if he is anything like my Ram was he probably hates not being able to eat ;) and he probably cannot wait to eat :) Ram used to know when it was breakfast and dinner time, and would come to me all excited whining for me to go get it ready! Lol

Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Thanks for the nice thoughts and encouragement, everyone!

Bo is actually a "chow" hound, LOL. He knows when its breakfast and dinner time, knows when it's snack time and knows when we're working on food for him even if it's not a meal time event.

We were lucky and caught it early enough, before any real damage happened. We've talked with the vet twice today and he is "agitated" but other than that he's doing fine. We're not going to visit him because that would probably agitate him more, seeing us come and then leave again without him.

Speaking of missing Volties, anyone seen Tritium around? If you're out there, lurking, how's the melons doing? Ours are rapidly taking over the whole garden, but no visible fruit yet although there's tons of buds.

I tried touch typing lessons and found out I hunt and peck at about 40wpm. Not worth the effort to upgrade, LOL.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Speaking of missing Volties, anyone seen Tritium around? If you're out there, lurking, how's the melons doing?

YEP - I see all his post on FB when I visit there looking for updates, especially about "Volties" . . . Matter of fact, he's been posting a lot of pictures of his harvest there and other things . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Of Course . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

AND - Thank you for making "Me" look up and learn a new word today . . . :thumbs:

I find that hard to believe. That is just another word for a speech by a politician, of any party, bloviation.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Thanks for the nice thoughts and encouragement, everyone!

Bo is actually a "chow" hound, LOL. He knows when its breakfast and dinner time, knows when it's snack time and knows when we're working on food for him even if it's not a meal time event.

We were lucky and caught it early enough, before any real damage happened. We've talked with the vet twice today and he is "agitated" but other than that he's doing fine. We're not going to visit him because that would probably agitate him more, seeing us come and then leave again without him.

Speaking of missing Volties, anyone seen Tritium around? If you're out there, lurking, how's the melons doing? Ours are rapidly taking over the whole garden, but no visible fruit yet although there's tons of buds.

I tried touch typing lessons and found out I hunt and peck at about 40wpm. Not worth the effort to upgrade, LOL.
Chow hound, I like that! Bo sounds so great. I wish I could meet him. I miss hugging on Ram. There is just something great about hugging a huge dog :) Bo will be so excited to see you tomorrow :)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
It does seem very strange not to have him here. He usually lays outside the bathroom door while I'm in there shaving or whatever, lays net to me, on his "divan", while I'm on the couch and follows me around all day getting petted and an occasional treat. Just not the same without him "underfoot" although I call him a "traffic hazard".

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
It does seem very strange not to have him here. He usually lays outside the bathroom door while I'm in there shaving or whatever, lays net to me, on his "divan", while I'm on the couch and follows me around all day getting petted and an occasional treat. Just not the same without him "underfoot" although I call him a "traffic hazard".

I am sure it feels so strange. Every now and then It still feels weird without Ram, because I almost tripped over him for so many years and he was always with me. I still feel like he will come around the corner sometimes. We always said that Ram needed a beeper on his .... like big trucks have when they back up, because when he would get in a tight area or to move out of the way he would slowly back up. Lol it was so funny, and many times he ended knocking things over in the process and look at ya like oops sorry man. Traffic hazard is another good one!

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

Yes, Tritum, where are our photos of produce from you?

Raven, I hope you are recovering from the wedding. We sure do miss you around here.

Duckey, how are the baby chicks? Photos???

Yes, it is the .... crack of dawn here.

Hubby got the A/C going in my truck! Thank goodness. It was 96 degrees yesterday and going hot again today.

My friend and I had such a good time!

We got lost coming home and ended up in a cul-de-sac on the edge of a hill overlooking where we were going. My friend pulls up to two guys in the back of a car. I'm thinking "I hope they aren't too inebriated. What is she thinking?" She leans out around me and hollers "How do we get to the freeway?" The guy gets out of the truck to talk to us while the guy that is in the truck starts gathering up car parts.

The gentleman has plenty of tattoos and seems like he might have gang affiliations. Still, although on guard, we chat with him. He says, "I'll put it in your GPS, do you have phones?"

We both say we don't have phones. I think "Gee, we could be murdered here and we are saying we don't have phones."

"Well, we do have phones but we are just two old ladies, we don't know how to use GPS."

He volunteers to lead us out of there. His friend has gathered up the car parts and he bends down to pick up the license plate off the ground. I think "Enough already."

I holler out the window, "We got this, thanks." I turn to my friend and say "Go, Cindy, go."

We were laughing so hard we almost bust a gut. We are pretty sure they were a couple of gang members stripping the car in a deserted cul-de-sac and here we are a couple of old ladies chatting with them like we didn't know what was going on. Could have been the scene out of a comedy movie.

I will add that at no time did we sense that we were in danger. We are both pretty street savvy.

Last edited:

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

Yes, Tritum, where are our photos of produce from you?

Raven, I hope you are recovering from the wedding. We sure do miss you around here.

Duckey, how are the baby chicks? Photos???

Yes, it is the .... crack of dawn here.

Hubby got the A/C going in my truck! Thank goodness. It was 96 degrees yesterday and going hot again today.

My friend and I had such a good time!

We got lost coming home and ended up in a cul-de-sac on the edge of a hill overlooking where we were going. My friend pulls up to two guys in the back of a car. I'm thinking "I hope they aren't too inebriated. What is she thinking?" She leans out around me and hollers "How do we get to the freeway?" The guy gets out of the truck to talk to us while the guy that is in the truck starts gathering up car parts.

The gentleman has plenty of tattoos and seems like he might have gang affiliations. Still, although on guard, we chat with him. He says, "I'll put it in your GPS, do you have phones?"

We both say we don't have phones. I think "Gee, we could be murdered here and we are saying we don't have phones."

"Well, we do have phones but we are just two old ladies, we don't know how to use GPS."

He volunteers to lead us out of there. His friend has gathered up the car parts and he bends down to pick up the license plate off the ground. I think "Enough already."

I holler out the window, "We got this, thanks." I turn to my friend and say "Go, Cindy, go."

We were laughing so hard we almost bust a gut. We are pretty sure they were a couple of gang members stripping the car in a deserted cul-de-sac and here we are a couple of old ladies chatting with them like we didn't know what was going on. Could have been the scene out of a comedy movie.

I will add that at no time did we sense that we were in danger. We are both pretty street savvy.
I have a black and yellow little chick, and I saw another one but it looked like it just hatched and was not dry and fluffy yet. The second one is yellow or white, I did not get a great look at it. The hen slightly lifted up and moved it towards the back. I heard 2 different chirps in there for sure, but I I think I might have heard 3 different chirps. I am going to try to get a picture throughout the day! As soon as I saw the little fluff ball I reached for my camera....and I thought nope I dont have it! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread