Not open for further replies.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
A beer does sound good about now.

I'm on a list fest today. It makes me feel better to have everything written and broken down. I redid my general to do list, made list of what chores the kids have today, and the most surprising of all....A list for Alex to follow for daily hygiene. It's not uncommon for Aspergers people to have no interest in what they look or smell like. Yes, for the past 18 years Alex has to be reminded daily to shower, washing hair, putting on clean clothes, brushing hair, and shaving. I am going to print it out largely and post it in his bathroom. We tried this many years ago but didn't do any good. I'll give it a go again. I'm working now on making an index card for each of us that has all our medication were all on. I honestly can remember off the top of my head who's on what. I always tape them to the inside of the medicine cabinet in case they are ever needed. The list I just finished was a whole house organizing/purge to do list, broke down by room. I may be a little OCD. :laugh:

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Good luck Tiff! If you want to get really fancy with it, you can laminate the hygine list, then tie a grease pencil/dry erase marker to it so he can check it off and wipe it clean each day.

I'm going to go ahead and say bye to everyone for the evening. I've got a few more things to get done before 4:00, then get home, change clothes, install the lever on my petcock, get my cooler restocked with waters and get my protein powder ready to mix for dinner while we're at the field, get to the ballfield an hour early for Kat's first batting lesson, then wait around while she practices pitching, then the official practice gets started at 7:30 until 9:30, get home and start getting the kids showered after I reinspect all of their heads again... I am SO looking forward to this Saturday. NOTHING planned. Except maybe...MAYBE... cut grass. And MAYBE go to the bike night at the shop. Depends on if he does it or not. Whew.

Reactions: tlmoody27

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Good luck Tiff! If you want to get really fancy with it, you can laminate the hygine list, then tie a grease pencil/dry erase marker to it so he can check it off and wipe it clean each day.

OMG!!! This is exactly what I was going to do to set it up. Right down to taping it to the mirror with a dry erase marker. Great minds think alike. Or were making fun of my ocd? :laugh:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I got a good bit done today. I had to stop making lists or other thing that involves writing. If I try to write while my eyes are having a bad day which I find quite odd, is intelligible. By the afternoon goes progressively worse. I'm looking forward my doctor appt this next Wednesday. Seeing far off is fine but if I try to write or read up close is carppy

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
My mom isnt a very imposing woman. I was taller than she was before I was in my teens. And by the time I was 13, I outweighed her by a considerable amount (well before I started to get fat). But she always made sure I understood that no matter how big I got, there was always an "equalizer" close by if I ever decided to forget to respect her. A lamp. Baseball bat. Desk chair. If it could be picked up and swung, it was deemed an "equalizer". At the time, I kinda half thought it was a bluff. But I can guarantee you that I never tried to call her on it. Even now, I'm not sure if it was a bluff. But even now, I refuse to call call her on it. And its just one more reason I respect her as much as I do. Not just because she is my mother, but because I knew no matter how much bigger than her I was and am, she wouldnt, and still wont, take no sh** from me, or anyone else.
Both of my boys were taller than me before they got out of middle school. Ian has always been around the 250 weight level, and even though Andy is right around my weight, he is very spry! :lol: Both are 6'4" now. A mom definitely has to put some fear into them, and never let them see you sweat. :thumb:

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I think that is what hubby has done. They're more concerned with him knowing what he''s done wrong. I'm usually the one he comes running to. I've been trying very hard to not let him see me upset. Hubby rarely shows any negative or frightful emotion when dealing with the kids. But they both know when he does get upset with them that they better straighten real quick. Hubby is a ver laid back person. He rarely gets mad and handles stress extremely well. I on the other hand am not so good at it. You can see "pizzed off" all over my face. :laugh:

You're computer is still not right?? I hope they straighten it out soon.

Since all I've done today is complain I am apologizing. Shrek has his head in my lap which means he needs to go outside. I'll do that then find something mindless to watch on tv. Even though you all probably think I'm a nut case, thank you for not showing it. :laugh:

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
*YAWWWWN*

Happy Friday.

I was up until almost 1:30 this morning combing lice out of heads again. Kat was clean. CJ only had a few nits. I'm going to shave his head tonight. Down to a #4 guard. Unless he starts his carp. Then it'll be a #2. If he still pitches a fit, it will be no guard. :D

So, I got home yesterday, and took ten minutes to put the petcock lever on the bike. No big deal right? I mean, it's only one screw. Finding the right sized screw driver should take longer than actually installing it. At least that was the plan. The first time I ordered a petcock lever, it came with the lock washer and screw. This time, it did not. And naturally, I dont have a screw that fits. While I was messing around with it, trying to find a screw that would work, I noticed that I was missing a screw in the body panels. Then I noticed, no, I had two missing. So, I walked around the bike... I was missing a total of 8 screws in the frame cover and cowling... only two of which I knew about. I just went online to price OEM replacements. $35. In JUST screws and washers, including the necessary one for the petcock lever. Plus another $30 to replace the broken brake light cover. I've asked Mrs E if I can use the joint account for half of the order. So, there will be no Bike Night for me this weekend. And no riding at all for at least another week, unless I order expedited shipping. There is something good that happened yesterday though. I was talking to my mechanic about selling the bike, and he said he might be interested in buying it from me. It'll just depend on if we can see eye to eye on the price. I was going to list it for $2500 and take as low as $2200, but if he can meet me at $2100, it's sold. Just waiting to hear back from him now. Of course, I still need to get these screws and stuff replaced before then...

OMG!!! This is exactly what I was going to do to set it up. Right down to taping it to the mirror with a dry erase marker. Great minds think alike. Or were making fun of my ocd? :laugh:
I was being quite serious. Dont forget that I'm fairly OCD myself!

Still no restore, I'll keep checking. That's what I get for "fixing" it. :facepalm:
:( It'll work out. Have faith!

I think that is what hubby has done. They're more concerned with him knowing what he''s done wrong. I'm usually the one he comes running to. I've been trying very hard to not let him see me upset. Hubby rarely shows any negative or frightful emotion when dealing with the kids. But they both know when he does get upset with them that they better straighten real quick. Hubby is a ver laid back person. He rarely gets mad and handles stress extremely well. I on the other hand am not so good at it. You can see "pizzed off" all over my face. :laugh:

You're computer is still not right?? I hope they straighten it out soon.

Since all I've done today is complain I am apologizing. Shrek has his head in my lap which means he needs to go outside. I'll do that then find something mindless to watch on tv. Even though you all probably think I'm a nut case, thank you for not showing it. :laugh:
Oh dont worry. We know youre a nut case. We just try to be polite. :D Not really. Ok, maybe a little. ;)

Good morning. Today and tomorrow then VK YEA. 9 glorious days of shack work. Still better than the Rat Race.:lol:
You know.... You should probably take at least ONE whole day and do nothing but relax.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Sorry you're having such problems FV. :( I hope they get it figured out soon.

I'm a bit ticked. On the 17th, I ordered a replacement battery for my original Nook online with Barnes & Noble. On the 24th, they sent an email that there was a delay and it would be shipped within 1-5 business days. This morning at 5:30am they sent another email, telling me my order had been cancelled, and they hope I'll return to see if the item is again in stock. :facepalm: FAT CHANCE! :lol: I just ordered one from Amazon for about the same price - actually LESS because of the free shipping. And it's guaranteed to be here Sunday. :thumbs:

My Nook is the one with 3G, and I don't think they make them like that any more. I love it because it doesn't have a back light, and up until the battery started acting up, would hold a charge for at least a week. Now I'm having to recharge every other day. I know they want people to upgrade, but why would anyone want to stick with them if they don't support their products??

/rant over

I hope everyone is having a nice Friday! :)

Reactions: efirdj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread