Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
What kind of effort would you support?

A feel good media campaign, which doesn't involve angry, paranoid, anti-government Millennials. Don't talk about what 'they' are doing to vaping or saying about vaping, or 'them' at all. Highlight the benefits, leave out the opposition. Something mature and professional. Whoever makes Apple commercials will do...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Just your take on it, or do you have some studies about that? Maybe like some Coke and Pepsi ad studies..... or some political campaigns??

It's called the boomerang effect...
I don't have time to research and review studies no one will read or which will be dismissed offhand. Ask anyone who has studied advertising or who has worked in the business...

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
It's called the boomerang effect...
I don't have time to research and review studies no one will read or which will be dismissed offhand. Ask anyone who has studied advertising or who has worked in the business...

I know there's such a 'theory' out there but it's been proven by other studies that negative ads work. It's not even debatable. So I'll end here :laugh:

Reactions: rothenbj

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
I know there's such a 'theory' out there but it's been proven by other studies that negative ads work. It's not even debatable. So I'll end here :laugh:

Ok, then. Good luck. The activists can't even get normal vapers on their side, let alone the general public with their tactics...

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
A feel good media campaign, which doesn't involve angry, paranoid, anti-government Millennials. Don't talk about what 'they' are doing to vaping or saying about vaping, or 'them' at all. Highlight the benefits, leave out the opposition. Something mature and professional. Whoever makes Apple commercials will do...
I kind of believe in using EVERY angle of approach.
But I would definitely agree that we could use a LOT more of what you said.

But then again, we could use more of everything.
Because currently we have very little exposure for some reason.

Reactions: stevegmu

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
I kind of believe in using EVERY angle of approach.
But I would definitely agree that we could use a LOT more of what you said.

But then again, we could use more of everything.
Because currently we have very little exposure for some reason.

The NJOY commercial for the artist signature liquids was very good, but geared at vapers. A similar commercial made for the general public would be effective...

And it should be filmed in Prague...

Reactions: DC2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread