RDA Round-Table Discussion and Lookout

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
bluehaze bro I gotta thank you for turning me on to the aeolus v2. I picked one up in the classies and got it today. I drilled it for bottom feed and shortend the center post so I can build it with a center coil.

the center coil with this airflow coming from under at both sides is sick, instantly loving this thing... I can give it a really long hard deliberate squonk that fills the whole chamber, and it all goes right back down when I release it, without having to worry about leaking at all. the cap is rock solid, pull the mod from a tight pocket by the atty no problem, flavor right up there with the best of them. the afc in this thing is awesome. no chance of accidentally moving it, yet easy to adjust... anyone not liking there aeolus v2 lmk, I wouldn't mind having another one or three of these to play with :)

Bro that's awesome! I never would have thought to try a center coil, its kinda like a bottom airflow that doesn't leak haha sweet! I'm still loving this atty, haven't used any of my other atty's since I got it. The AFC is much better since it broke in, I hated it at first but it's just about perfect now. I'm also looking to pickup another one, want a stainless to go with my black. They are on sale for 65 at vipervape going to order one if I don't find it anyplace cheaper today.

Reactions: turbocad6

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
Bro that's awesome! I never would have thought to try a center coil, its kinda like a bottom airflow that doesn't leak haha sweet! I'm still loving this atty, haven't used any of my other atty's since I got it. The AFC is much better since it broke in, I hated it at first but it's just about perfect now. I'm also looking to pickup another one, want a stainless to go with my black. They are on sale for 65 at vipervape going to order one if I don't find it anyplace cheaper today.

$65 is a good price. there what, like $70 straight from the manufacturer though I think...

I've been vaping this thing all day and it's so good. honestly I don't think a center coil would work with the standard center post though, I shortened mine quite a bit. might be able to squeeze a 1.5mm in there with the stock post maybe, but then long wicking with a tiny ID coil isn't ideal really, but it might work. I didn't even try. I had to take it apart to bottom feed it anyway so I just shortened the center pin at the same time.

Reactions: bluehaze013

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
You probably won't like the Tug if you don't already own one because it's a significant amount of money to get the most out of it. What makes it so great is all the different options, stock its great for lower wattage or temp control but lacks a little airflow for higher wattage, buy the slam cap and you have more airflow in a reduced chamber so more clouds and flavor and you can run higher wattage, buy the anarchist cap for a bigger chamber with insane airflow for crazy builds and massive clouds with still pretty good flavor. You can get the mad hatty top caps from double helix for a sort of mix between stock and the slammed cap, you can get the v2 mech mod and use it with the 24mm cap and you can get everything in just about any color you'd want for different looks etc It's the most customizable atty there is it's like getting 4 different atty's in one but it's a significant investment if your just now starting out purchasing a stock v2. It is my favorite atty of all time though!

Duly noted. Thanks for the reminder as I had forgotten about the caps. Mo' money, mo' money, mo' money! :lol:

Reactions: bluehaze013

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
$65 is a good price. there what, like $70 straight from the manufacturer though I think...

I've been vaping this thing all day and it's so good. honestly I don't think a center coil would work with the standard center post though, I shortened mine quite a bit. might be able to squeeze a 1.5mm in there with the stock post maybe, but then long wicking with a tiny ID coil isn't ideal really, but it might work. I didn't even try. I had to take it apart to bottom feed it anyway so I just shortened the center pin at the same time.

Yea, free shipping too, so it's like 10 bucks off.

I was looking at it, the centerpost seems a lot taller than the negatives so it probably wouldn't work without shortening it. I pretty much always run duals anyway, i've got claptons in mine right now so no way that would fit lol I'm glad you like it!

Reactions: turbocad6

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I'm not sure where to post this question. All you folks on this thread seem very informed.
Question: Ever heard of a 13 Heaven 9 Hells. I did a couple search things with no results.
I've heard of it, definitely. There's a couple reviews on it too. Are you looking for a place to buy one? Or just asking opinions on it?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
For anyone interested and for the Derringer lovers. This is basically Praxis Vapors version of JMKs Doppel cap. Plus you can use your own drip tip, that's a plus.
72117afb9b125a694cc3197eeebaa790.jpg
fa85be851fa841c66ef64fb3d4924bb9.jpg

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I know this is about RDAs but I trust your opinions and I want to go off topic (like we haven't before lol) - I need some juice recommendations. I'm looking for a good melon flavor and a good lemonade with fruit flavor. The melon flavor - it doesn't have to be watermelon, it could be honeydew, a mixture of melons, straight up watermelon, whatever. The lemonade I'd prefer raspberry but a blueberry or strawberry or cherry would work too. I was looking at Adam Bomb who make Sweet Melons and Strawberry Lemonade but I've not tried that company yet. Mostly I dig the artwork on the bottle lol. VG/PG mix - I prefer higher VG but it's not a deal breaker if the juice is only 50/50. I like potent flavors, don't really want something light and muted.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I know this is about RDAs but I trust your opinions and I want to go off topic (like we haven't before lol) - I need some juice recommendations. I'm looking for a good melon flavor and a good lemonade with fruit flavor. The melon flavor - it doesn't have to be watermelon, it could be honeydew, a mixture of melons, straight up watermelon, whatever. The lemonade I'd prefer raspberry but a blueberry or strawberry or cherry would work too. I was looking at Adam Bomb who make Sweet Melons and Strawberry Lemonade but I've not tried that company yet. Mostly I dig the artwork on the bottle lol. VG/PG mix - I prefer higher VG but it's not a deal breaker if the juice is only 50/50. I like potent flavors, don't really want something light and muted.
Have you tried Kilo Dewberry Cream? I'm not a fan of melon vapes but this stuff is good. There whole line is awesome IMO.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Nah, haven't tried any Kilo juices. I've been meaning to pick up Cereal Milk. I'll check that one out.
Try ALL of them! I'm telling you, you won't be disappointed. And if you are I'll buy them off you that's how confident I am. I'm actually vaping there Kiberry Yogurt now.

Gimpy1261

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Ga. Down Under
I have a guy that shops in the B&M juice store that has one he wants to sell to me for 60$. Online cheapest i found is around that. From my searching I also found some (clowns) clones.
He showed me the thing and I honestly can't tell which it is. Real or clone. I don't want to pay 60$ for a clone.But I think 60 is ok if it is real.
Mr heisenberg this thing left out the message You sent I tried to quote.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Try ALL of them! I'm telling you, you won't be disappointed. And if you are I'll buy them off you that's how confident I am. I'm actually vaping there Kiberry Yogurt now.

That one seemed interesting as well. I'm gonna place a juice order tonight I'll throw probably throw it in there.

Reactions: HeiSINberg

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
I got a sample pack from Labrat Vapors and everyone of the flavors are amazing, very rare for me, hard to find fruity or citrusy type juices I like. I got 20% off I think for giving my email or something, was like 24 and change for 5 15ml bottles. only bad thing is its 60/40 and 55/45 pg/vg but I didn't have any problems dripping with it. I just ordered it to get free shipping on my dotmod drip tip, glad I did lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread