DNA 200 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
Sooooooo tempted to get a Hana, but then I want to see what Vaporshark comes up with

I want to order a Hana really bad...however when I look at the pictures, I can see there are engravings on the buttons (power, up, down)... but they look like they can spin and rotate any direction they want.... can anyone tell me if this is true? Preproduction stuff?

footbag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
NEPA
I've been trying to keep with this thread...

I don't understand something. Those early release mods that Evolve provided as beta test units. They seemed so much smaller then all of the other mods that are coming available. Did they use a full size LiPO?

If they could make it so small, then why is everyone making these huge box mods?

I could easily pull the trigger on a dna 200, but I really need a smaller device. Maybe the question is what is the current smallest DNA200 for order or pre-order?

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Size comparison of the Hana v200
DSC_2732_zpsaknlsuob.jpg

All 3 buttons rotate. Not really a big deal unless you're OCD and then you're screwed :lol:

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Belgium
I've been trying to keep with this thread...

I don't understand something. Those early release mods that Evolve provided as beta test units. They seemed so much smaller then all of the other mods that are coming available. Did they use a full size LiPO?

If they could make it so small, then why is everyone making these huge box mods?

I could easily pull the trigger on a DNA 200, but I really need a smaller device. Maybe the question is what is the current smallest DNA200 for order or pre-order?
Battery life. simple.

I notice one thing on my dna 200 especially. my herakles seems to hit harder at 70 watts than my sig 150. like pretty noticeable more. The sig 150 is pretty accurate on lower wattages. I don't think a crappy solder job would increase the power right?

What is the best quality made DNA 200 Device?

Due to my location being in the United Kingdom, the DNA 200 is awaiting arrival. The official price tag of devices is unknown but it is said they will be around the £200 mark.

If I'm going to invest that sum of money I don't want a device made out of Anodised Aluminum, cheap plastic internal covers and laser etched logos that will wear off.

I never purchased the £200 Hana Modz or the £250 Vapor Flask after friends had recieved their devices with scratches and chips in the paint work! Also the 22mm ring scratch from tanks and RDA's!

If you're going going to manufacture an expensive upgradable device then it should be built to last a very long time! My opinions of the materials and build quality on a lot of these devices are very poor for the price that they charge!

So if anyone knows of a company manufactoring a DNA 200 device that doesn't use any of the build designs I've wrote above, please let me know!

Thank you!

Last edited:

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Oh.. That's what I thought but some modder told me that I would need to buy one if I get a DNA200 mod.. Thanks!

What you might need to buy is a USB charger. You can get them at Bestbuy, Walmart or God forbid Radio Shack. The reason I mention buying one, I am sure you have some around the house, is most of them are 500 mA wall warts. The DNA 200 has a 1 amp charging circuit and to charge the battery in a reasonable amount of time it would be a good idea to have a 1 or 2 amp USB wall wart.

I bought a 3.5 amp dual port USB wall wart at Walmart for about $9 to $12 dollars. They have more expensive units but don't go nuts the DNA 200 will only use 1 amp even it you have a 10 amp wall wart.

Reactions: yovengo

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
I would like to see the insides of the Hana to see if they have hard wired the lipo

Regards David

I won't have mine until tomorrow but I have a friend that has the Evolve Beta Box and the Hana is a clone of that box. My friend said that there wouldn't be enough room in the box for a battery connector. As for the sense wires I don't know if they directly soldered those or not. Sorry can't be more help. You might give Hana a call if it is something you need to know right away.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    trying out TC with nickel on my lemo 2. so far no dry hit. did a cotton test. What is the normal temperature cotton starts to burn? since I didn't really see a singe happening till like 480.
    Sounds about right.
    I get very slight browning at 460, DNA40

edit, see above

Darkly spectr

ECF Veteran
    Sep 9, 2014
    Belgium
    I'm just curious to see how there making them so small the only insides I have seen is the opus, did they use the balance charging connector inside the beta mod ?

Regards David
    It's possible to solder the lipo's balance charger directly to the board eliminating the need for connectors.

Quick question. how do you change between presets on the mod? I only found ohm lock, powerlock, going into temp or out.

retird

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2010
    North Side
    It's possible to solder the lipo's balance charger directly to the board eliminating the need for connectors.

Quick question. how do you change between presets on the mod? I only found ohm lock, powerlock, going into temp or out.

DNA 200 Watt | Page 134 | E-Cigarette Forum
    From unlocked state press and hold the up and down buttons for a few seconds (till it shows "power locked hold up/down") then double click up or down to get to profile and then single click to change profile.... click fire to set that profile.... press and hold up/down buttons again to exit

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread