PART 6 -The Official MyVapeJuice Family Room (Crazy Chit Chat Thread - Live LAUGH Love and Vape)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Whacha doin' there, Monkeyangelo? :unsure:
I burnin a pic in my phone cobber I made ub woods
phone%20cover_zpsosjzl2km.jpg

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I wish my FedEx would get here.... waiting on the first round of parts for a new computer ( for a client )...

I'm starting to not only get bored waiting, my tummy's saying "feeed me" :D

The boredom has me starting the upgrade on my work PC to Windows 10 making this the third system for me to test how well it goes on... I've got a 4th test coming up on a netbook perhaps later this evening. The previous 2 upgrades really went without any hitches to speak of and I don't expect any on the one that's in progress. I've only had one program with compatibility issues and that came with my Win8.x ... the Media Center ( they aren't supporting it on Win10 ). I never cared for how it worked and had opted to use another direction which I felt filled the need better and is completely free... ie Kodi ( formally named XBMC ).

Of course, I'm not gambling on any of my systems.... I've done a full image backup of the hard drives of each so if I really needed to... I could be back up and running the older OS and system in about an hour or less without the need to completely reinstall everything like a simple file backup method would require.

CalamityJan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
TX
Of course, I'm not gambling on any of my systems.... I've done a full image backup of the hard drives of each so if I really needed to... I could be back up and running the older OS and system in about an hour or less without the need to completely reinstall everything like a simple file backup method would require.

I've been lax and lazy about doing a full backup. Which program do you recommend to to the imagining? I think I have an older version of "Ghost" stashed in a drawer somewheres. :) Surely there are better options now...

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
T-Storm warnings for...

Crystal, Yimmie and Jmur... some of these may be severe so be careful

Aggie and Moonie.... was there any doubt that you may see action again.. :)
no doubt at all, happening now

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I've been lax and lazy about doing a full backup. Which program do you recommend to to the imagining? I think I have an older version of "Ghost" stashed in a drawer somewheres. :) Surely there are better options now...

Currently of that type, ie imaging backup... I'm going with Aomei Backupper available for free at Best Free Backup Software for Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8, Windows 7, Vista, XP

It has a util to create a bootable CD/DVD or USB thumb drive ( if you system support booting that way ) that has the main program built into it so you can restore the image if problems do happen. Like any of these type of boot disks, you must first test it to ensure you can get to your local hard drive as well as the drive you used to backup onto.

An image backup with it... will take up to the amount of used disk space or less ( since it compresses it )... so your backup medium needs at least that amount of space.

The program also allows you to mount the image you created as a disk that you can browse and copy files from if it's needed. Please note, that with image backups like this... sometimes getting a file that is located in user folder area other than your own and has security protection on it ( the default with many systems now ), may not be possible due to system security settings. In these cases, then getting to those files would either require a standard file backup or you having to completely restore the image back to the computer just to get to the file. In short, I usually rely on the image backups... but I also keep a file backup around just in case. Most of the time, since you'd be running the image on the same system it was created on... getting to the files within that image isn't an issue because your Windows is using the same security credentials. Of course, this last part applies to any backup type made by any program... it isn't limited to just this one.

Yeah_its_me

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2011
Currently of that type, ie imaging backup... I'm going with Aomei Backupper available for free at Best Free Backup Software for Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8, Windows 7, Vista, XP

It has a util to create a bootable CD/DVD or USB thumb drive ( if you system support booting that way ) that has the main program built into it so you can restore the image if problems do happen. Like any of these type of boot disks, you must first test it to ensure you can get to your local hard drive as well as the drive you used to backup onto.

An image backup with it... will take up to the amount of used disk space or less ( since it compresses it )... so your backup medium needs at least that amount of space.

The program also allows you to mount the image you created as a disk that you can browse and copy files from if it's needed. Please note, that with image backups like this... sometimes getting a file that is located in user folder area other than your own and has security protection on it ( the default with many systems now ), may not be possible due to system security settings. In these cases, then getting to those files would either require a standard file backup or you having to completely restore the image back to the computer just to get to the file. In short, I usually rely on the image backups... but I also keep a file backup around just in case. Most of the time, since you'd be running the image on the same system it was created on... getting to the files within that image isn't an issue because your Windows is using the same security credentials. Of course, this last part applies to any backup type made by any program... it isn't limited to just this one.

big_kiss_zps91d1b6b0.gif
Was looking for this - Thanks

DoomiteAsh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2014
Amarillo, TX
Good afternoon y'all, hope everyone is having a great Thursday! :D

Damn, missed Yimmie! :laugh: Oh well. Mom texted me last night, my sister went in to get induced early this morning. As far as I know, my nephew hasn't come out yet. Little guy must REALLY like being where he is! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :p I hope I can give y'all the good news tomorrow morning!

Chimp lady, let me say that your box looks gorgeous! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread