Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Ok, then. Good luck. The activists can't even get normal vapers on their side, let alone the general public with their tactics...

The ANTZ and their public supporters have done well with their negative ads, studies, etc. to where even some here agree with them much of the time. Some showing vape sales slowing down as a result of the 'ecigs are worse then cigarette' PR.

Reactions: rothenbj

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Why sink to their level?

It's not about using their tactics so much as exposing their tactics. Also, this is a documentary, not an advert. When you produce a documentary it's usually a good idea to include all the known facts at the time, and not just the happy / shiny side.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
It's not about using their tactics so much as exposing their tactics. Also, this is a documentary, not an advert. When you produce a documentary it's usually a good idea to include all the known facts at the time, and not just the happy / shiny side.

It comes across as an angry fringe group, rather than those who want to be taken seriously into the mainstream...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
I don't consider something that works as 'sinking to their level'. And going negative doesn't always mean simple lying. Showing them to be liars is, imo, 'positive' since it's the truth.

Tell a group of the non converted there is a conspiracy against vaping involving tobacco companies, politicians, the pharmaceutical industry and the government and they will roll their eyes and not pay any attention to the message. I do and I'm a vaper...

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Comparing vaping to the American Revolution, the Holocaust, nazis, segregation or women's rights is what makes vaping advocates look like fringe extremists...

Just showing how wrong your statement was in just one instance. You can attempt to avoid the point by confusing it, but it still holds true.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Tell a group of the non converted there is a conspiracy against vaping involving tobacco companies, politicians, the pharmaceutical industry and the government and they will roll their eyes and not pay any attention to the message. I do and I'm a vaper...

You do what? Roll your eyes at the idea of tobacco companies, and gov't trying to stop vaping? Or people roll their eyes at you when you attempt to tell them that?

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
You do what? Roll your eyes at the idea of tobacco companies, and gov't trying to stop vaping? Or people roll their eyes at you when you attempt to tell them that?

The conspiracies and ANTS being around every corner. A mod blows up, it's ANTS. A rookie tries to put on a vape event and skirt the law, it's ANTS, CVS is sold out of cotton, it's ANTS. If the federal government wanted to stop vaping, they would have. BT hadn't had much of any influence in government in decades...

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
BT hadn't had much of any influence in government in decades...

__
rofl.gif
__

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Reactions: rothenbj

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
There's a difference between saying "something gives ANTZ ammo" and saying, like you said: "A mod blows up, it's ANTS!" (which as I said, no one said, and no one did). :facepalm: Again, your own rhetoric is worse than those you accuse.

You didn't get to post #96, did you?

Sounds about right to me.

Unfortunate for the person who owned the mod.
Potentially devastating for every vaper now and in the future.

Now for the conspiracy; ANTZ plot to bring negative attention to our community? Could be. Or just douche baggery?

Maurice

I've seen this rhetoric in many posts...

Where was that anti CVS thread, where BP was behind them running out of VG and cotton...
Actually, the CVS conspiracy was in quite a few threads.
Lets not forget about Walmart. I remember a thread where Walmart must have found out about vapers using Peaches and Cream yarn for wicks, so pulled it from shelves...

Then there's the most popular conspiracy. BT makes poor cigalikes hobbyist vapers and many new vapers don't like in an effort to turn smokers away from vaping... Would you like 8000 examples of this one?

Last edited:

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
When BT's products are exempt in newly passed legislation in certain states, ahem...Indiana, it does make one question wth is going on steve. Cigalikes are exempt even though they serve the same function/purpose as everything else that's being strictly regulated. BT has not one worry here in Indiana, not one. There must be something sort a kind a special about those "crappy" cigalikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread