:thumbs: DPL

facbc933-5bb3-410d-a158-c96796edb685_zpsa832b135.JPG

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
None of it really matters. We're all vapers.

Kat has a really good line, that I would never do justice if I attempted to paraphrase it. But the bottom line is basically, we're all in this together. Let's act like it.

The Tootle Puffing thing was done as a lark. We were goofing about it one night on the phone, and just decided to start a thread. She didn't coin the name - instead only started what was intended to be a goofball thread - just to have some laughs. We certainly didn't expect what it turned into.

The whole thing turned negative in a LOT of ways. All of the sudden people are taking up camp, and the groups are firing shots at each other. It's SO FAR from what the intention was that it's no longer even funny. Neither Kat nor I are even subscribed to the thread any longer. NONE of the related threads, for that matter. And now NEW groups are popping up, with slight variations of one theme or another. Has the whole world gone bonkers?

It was SUPPOSED TO BE FUN. Just freaking vape, people; and ADVOCATE. STOP fighting among ourselves, and START fighting the fights that count. Forces are working hard to tear this whole thing down, and we're arguing about whether we puff, womp, chase, or WHATEVER????

Seriously?

Please....

I don't really see much of that negative behaviour going on over there ... the TP thread has become sort of a chat room where people post more about home repairs and water heaters than they post about vaping.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I don't really see much of that negative behaviour going on over there ... the TP thread has become sort of a chat room where people post more about home repairs and water heaters than they post about vaping.

THERE, yes. But there are some other threads.

Trust me. She's been GREAT about it. Me? Less than...

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
None of it really matters. We're all vapers.

Kat has a really good line, that I would never do justice if I attempted to paraphrase it. But the bottom line is basically, we're all in this together. Let's act like it.

The Tootle Puffing thing was done as a lark. We were goofing about it one night on the phone, and just decided to start a thread. She didn't coin the name - instead only started what was intended to be a goofball thread - just to have some laughs. We certainly didn't expect what it turned into.

The whole thing turned negative in a LOT of ways. All of the sudden people are taking up camp, and the groups are firing shots at each other. It's SO FAR from what the intention was that it's no longer even funny. Neither Kat nor I are even subscribed to the thread any longer. NONE of the related threads, for that matter. And now NEW groups are popping up, with slight variations of one theme or another. Has the whole world gone bonkers?

It was SUPPOSED TO BE FUN. Just freaking VAPE, people; and ADVOCATE. STOP fighting among ourselves, and START fighting the fights that count. Forces are working hard to tear this whole thing down, and we're arguing about whether we puff, womp, chase, or WHATEVER????

Seriously?

Please....
I can't disagree with anything you just said. However, I don't think it is the tootle puffers who are casting a negative "cloud" over vaping. I remember when the AR-15 and AK-47 hobbyist were being attacked by politicians in the USA. They were about to lose their rights to own such rifles. The NRA suddenly tells the "legitimate hunters" with actual "real" hunting rifles, that we must now support these clowns because "we are all in the same boat" as gun owners. A lot of legitimate hunters did not want to get lumped in with the lunatic fringe, nor be forced to support them. I think you are going to find the same thing in vaping when the time comes. I believe there is a fringe element in vaping, that may ruin it for us. You are asking us to support them. I don't disagree, but many undoubtedly will.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I can't disagree with anything you just said. However, I don't think it is the tootle puffers who are casting a negative "cloud" over vaping. I remember when the AR-15 and AK-47 hobbyist were being attacked by politicians in the USA. They were about to lose their rights to own such rifles. The NRA suddenly tells the "legitimate hunters" with actual "real" hunting rifles, that we must now support these clowns because "we are all in the same boat" as gun owners. A lot of legitimate hunters did not want to get lumped in with the lunatic fringe, nor be forced to support them. I think you are going to find the same thing in vaping when the time comes. I believe there is a fringe element in vaping, that may ruin it for us. You are asking us to support them. I don't disagree, but many undoubtedly will.

Hold those thoughts - I will be back a little later to clarify some of my rantings. I can see that some of what I said was taken differently from what I intended (my fault - not the readers'). Therefore, as indicated, I will be back later add some clarification.

Thanks for listening, all.

Or for yawning. Whatever...

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
@DPLongo22, I know you'll be back. I'm happy you'll be back. But meanwhile ...

Makes me crazy - and it's farther than one might think - that folks rag on each other for how/what they vape. I vape so I won't smoke. Full stop. Sometimes I puff away at 12 watts and sometimes I make clouds at 40 watts. But I'm not smoking. Tomorrow is my Vaperversary. This is a miraculous event, and it's all due to a wonderful invention called vaping. I don't care what anyone vapes. Really. And I don't care if someone vapes at .2 or 2.0 ohms. If it works, it works. Good! Hate to sound Pollyanna-ish, but I really don't understand why we can't celebrate success and just. get. along.

Rant over.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Thank you, Willy. As Ms. Celot said, they ARE a chatty bunch. ;)

What in the name of Poseidon is a tootle puffer?

R

Ahhhhhhhh...... what a question, and prolly the question of the year, raitizz. When I originally started that thread, it was after much discussion with DPL. At some point, I thought/felt that perhaps we were the ONLY peeps left vaping in a particular style that was/is more or less old skool. The change in gear, the move towards subohming, the reduction in nic levels in liquid, the distaste by so many for cartomizers, the clouders.... all of it led me to wonder what the heck was happening out in our vape world, and could there pastably BE anyone who still vaped like I did (do)?

As it emerged, and evolved, it pretty much showed me (and the rest of the world - thank you Aspire ecigs and your now infamous blog {more on that in a moment}) that yes INDEED there were PLENTY of people still vaping old skool. But what did it mean. What DOES it mean.

It was not enuf to have some vague and loosely translated concept floating around, so the purpose of that thread (if indeed there really WAS a purpose other than my wanting to know "IS ANYBODY OUT THERE!") was to have a bit of fun in the attempts to put a definition onto the rambling concept.

The defines have changed, and continue to evolve, just as the thread grew legs of its own. As far as the Aspire Blog, and that Poll..... I had ZERO to do with that. I didn't write it and was as surprised as anyone to find my own (or Betty's actually) Internet Fame. (no fortune was involved sadly)

Are YOU a Tootle Puffer?? | E-Cigarette Forum You should probably ask Kat for the condensed version.

I have nothing condensed, Ms. Celot. Everyone will come to their own definition and meaning. I can only say what it means to me. And that's about as valuable as (what is that, DPL?... mammarlarians on a bull?) welp, nothing.

My statement? There IS no hard and fast definition. You MIGHT be a redneck if.....

And here comes yet ANOTHER thread/group!

KAT! What you've done can no longer be undone. I hope you're satisfied.

:D Whatcha got?

(You're a cocky little thang, aintcha. ;))

Who WROTE that??? :shock: Twasn't KD or Betts. I promise you.

Thanks, DP. That explains it.
6x Yes on Kat's poll questions (6 out of 7). I don't collect driptips.

Edit: writing this puffing on a REO/Odin combo on around 0.5 Ohms/dual coil... Subohming!!!! :D

R

Aha. Then by all means, you can't be a Tootler. One MUST have huuuuuuuuuuuuge tupperwares full of drip tips. It's the law.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL

Makes me crazy - and it's farther than one might think - that folks rag on each other for how/what they vape. I vape so I won't smoke. Full stop. Sometimes I puff away at 12 watts and sometimes I make clouds at 40 watts. But I'm not smoking. Tomorrow is my Vaperversary. This is a miraculous event, and it's all due to a wonderful invention called vaping. I don't care what anyone vapes. Really. And I don't care if someone vapes at .2 or 2.0 ohms. If it works, it works. Good! Hate to sound Pollyanna-ish, but I really don't understand why we can't celebrate success and just. get. along.

Rant over.

Happy Vaperversary My Dear Dear LB!! It is a momentous occasion, and one worthy of major celebration! Just keep 'er going, OK?

:bday::banana::thumb::thumbs::headbang::rickroll::toast::party:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Bypass at will. I encourage it, in fact. 'Tis but an outlet...

Wars can sometimes be lost for the battles won. At this critical juncture in our history, we should never lose sight of that. The best "Us" is the all-inclusive one. Someday maybe we'll be so fortunate as to be able to argue like siblings. That will mean that the war is over, and that we won it.

And if that day comes, as I hope and believe it will, then give me my dayum Team Shirt and let's all JAM.

I think what KD started over there is epic ... last I checked, it had like 150,000 views.

It is indeed, WillyZee, my good man. And I realize some of my writings came off as negative to that particular group. That was absolutely not my intent. The reason we're not subscribed was simply that it's become impossible to keep up with (literally). I pop in, and I believe Kat pops in. But just not as a "regular" any more.

Rant over.

Exactly, my celebrating/celebrated tiny-flyer. Exactly, precisely, and perfectly stated.

Kat did a great job of explaining everything, so I'll refrain from beating that horse to glue.

At one point, she said something that has echoed in my brain since:

"I wish people would fight for our (vaping) rights with the same energy that they use in defending their vaping style, or condemning others'."

So @TraderX, yes - I am asking us ALL to support each other. At least while there's still a war to be won. And make no mistake, there IS still a war to be won.

Anybody got a vape I could bum?

Last edited:

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Well, I don't think the black ti will be here tomorrow. I typically get provape mail in one day, but no shipping notification today. I looked at the website and see a "shipping in one to two weeks". So, it's going to be a while for that one. Sry I assumed it's like the normal P3s everyone.
Hopefully they will have stock built up by the time I'm ready to order...

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Then by all means, you can't be a Tootler. One MUST have huuuuuuuuuuuuge tupperwares full of drip tips. It's the law.

Or you can be like me. A vendor I like was having a big sale and I bought so many glass tips that I helped put them out of business.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Neither Kat nor I are even subscribed to the thread any longer.

Ah, so that explains why you were mute when I recounted my adventure this morning.

(Tootle Puffing a ProVari as I type. 1.5Ω/4.5v.)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Ah, so that explains why you were mute when I recounted my adventure this morning.

(Tootle Puffing a ProVari as I type. 1.5Ω/4.5v.)

Thanks for the push, and am sorry I missed out on what appears to have been some fun.

And I've obviously been taking things too seriously. Probably not a bad time to do a bit slashin' and moonwalkin', eh?

"It it stops being fun..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread