Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The newest temp control mods will measure/display in Coulombs.

2919030lgrud89tie.gif

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Haha, I've just read the first page, I am so going to read it all it's hilarious! :D

There are a few inside jokes referencing other threads going on at the same time, but I don't think it distracts too much. Just ignore the flying sheep.

cincocc

Jul 27, 2015
Illinois, USA
Are you sure threads aren't retired automatically, after a specific length of time or length of time with no posts?

I wish the search function would default to "most recent" because sorted by "most relevant" keeps popping up threads where you can't post a question and they're not particularly old. They just say they're not open to posting - or, at least, for me. Maybe because I'm new? I don't know. I just have to remember to change the sort criteria I guess...

Reactions: TrollDragon

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Are you sure threads aren't retired automatically, after a specific length of time or length of time with no posts?

I wish the search function would default to "most recent" because sorted by "most relevant" keeps popping up threads where you can't post a question and they're not particularly old. They just say they're not open to posting - or, at least, for me. Maybe because I'm new? I don't know. I just have to remember to change the sort criteria I guess...

If you're talking about the thread that got "poofed" for being disruptive, yes, definitely poofed.

If you meant something else, well, uh, nevermind.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Hey @AndriaD... Did you notice mister spread Antz propaganda about Nic as truth called me a fear monger for backing you up about the high powered ultrasonic nebulizer thing?
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

I did. :blink:

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
So, can I ask a real noob question?

How do you know when to change your coils on PT3s and T3Ss? I have read so many threads and still don't really think I get it. I rotate through a whole bunch (stupid amount..noob, remember?) and I haven't changed one yet. I have replacements, but seriously I have no idea what I'm doing there and since I don't want to "waste" any replacements, I just keep buying new tanks. I know, it makes no sense.

Reactions: TrollDragon

cincocc

Jul 27, 2015
Illinois, USA

How do you know when to change your coils on PT3s and T3Ss? I have read so many threads and still don't really think I get it. I rotate through a whole bunch (stupid amount..noob, remember?) and I haven't changed one yet. I have replacements, but seriously I have no idea what I'm doing there and since I don't want to "waste" any replacements, I just keep buying new tanks. I know, it makes no sense.

I'm not sure either but when I was getting my first hardware the other day, there was a gal who was having trouble and the shop lady told her that when she isn't getting anything or when it tastes burnt, then it's time for a new coil. But that was only 3 days ago and mine still tastes the same so it will be interesting to experience whatever changes take place...

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia

This is one of those things you find different to the individual's eliquid. The vapour diminishes and starts to taste bland or old. With my cartos I like them fresh so I changeover every week regardless. The taste changes subtly over time but when you load a new one you can taste the difference and go ahhhhhhhhhhh. That's better :p

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Sorry I hit post before I finished. :(
This is one of those things you find different to the individual's eliquid. The vapour diminishes and starts to taste bland or old. With my cartos I like them fresh so I changeover every week regardless. The taste changes subtly over time but when you load a new one you can taste the difference and go ahhhhhhhhhhh. That's better :p

Thank you for this reply! And sorry I jumped the gun on the sigh :oops: . That actually makes sense to me. I have one I think could be to that point, so I think I'll change it, but not throw away the old one. That way, if I'm wrong and there's is no difference, I will still have the old one. No waste!

cincocc

Jul 27, 2015
Illinois, USA
Why did I think that would be the answer? Sigh.

Annoying, ain't it? If you're buying new tanks and coils are so cheap, I think Krisma's weekly coil-change, needed or not, sounds like a pretty good idea but I'm going to let this first one quit or otherwise go obviously bad, just to see what it's like.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR

AllElseFailed, I change coils when the flavor and vapor decline past what is acceptable to me. So it could be totally different for you.

Your protank and t3s coils, however, can be dry burned and it will rejuvenate them and they will last a lot longer. I take out the coil and microwave it in a bowl of water for a couple of minutes, dry it off, then put it back in the base of your atty. Then just put the base on your mod and give it a few 5 second pulses. That will burn all the gunk off the coil. (But don't do this for coils that have cotton wicks without taking out the wick. The silica wicks in pro tanks/t3s will be fine. The silica won't burn). When the coil glows red, you are finished. I usually microwave the coil again after that, then put it back in the atty and vape. The coil should almost be as good as new. Dry burning can make your coils last a lot longer. When a t3s was my main vape, I could get weeks out of a coil by dry burning a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread