Catfish Atty Mods the next Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Tom, would it be alright to send a MO for my Stumpy now? Got my package today.
Without a doubt.... Please put "M/O sent" next to your name on the list when you send it. That will keep me from whining about money....
Thanks man.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
CH........are you going to have a booth at ECC in August? That would be .....in'!!!!!!!!! Representing the BF'ers!!!:headbang:
I wish.... I might fly out to have a sit down with Sunbox though, I was invited by Volpi.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
My Nectar finally arrived! I thought my postman had forgotten me.

Really nice looking attie. I've only had a chance to throw a quick build in it and have a few toots and it is slightly on the warm side for me but very smooth. It is at about 1 ohm, so I will try it at a slightly higher resistance that should suit me better. Interesting contrast to the Stumpy which is just perfect for me with the same build. I'm off on holiday for a few days tomorrow, so will have more of a play with it when I get back.

Another real nice job Tom - many thanks :)
The nectar makes a nice complement to the stumpy. Sometimes you want great flavor, other times you want insane flavor.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Are there still Mantas (V1, I think) available? If so, price? Thanks.
Yes they are still here. I'm thinking about blowing them out to get ready for the Thump. What do you say? Wholesale was $75, retail is $110 lets blow them out for $85 $25 off... Who does that?

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Don't say I'm not lookin out for all you 22mm aficionados

ATO_5083_01__67268__65149.1433369966.60.79.jpg
ATO_5090_01_2__90137__61010.1433369966.60.79.jpg

ATO_5085_01__15729__07065.1433369966.1280.1280.jpg

Aeolus V2 Pro : Stainless Steel - Syntheticloud

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Thanks Bob. Asbestos sent me one of those to mod... It got sent back unmodded and sold cheap I would bet... Many levels of fail for bottom feeding. Brass everything, gold plated, and reverse threaded top cap to deck connection. What's with all the screws in the drip well?

Thanks for keeping us in mind Bob. The V1 was pretty solid and bottom feeds fine.

Did you try a nectar yet Bob? I'm almost certain it will change your life...
Btw; Element and I are working on a project together that will get your attention at the very least.

Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Thanks Bob. Asbestos sent me one of those to mod... It got sent back unmodded and sold cheap I would bet... Many levels of fail for bottom feeding. Brass everything, gold plated, and reverse threaded top cap to deck connection. What's with all the screws in the drip well?

Thanks for keeping us in mind Bob. The V1 was pretty solid and bottom feeds fine.

Did you try a nectar yet Bob? I'm almost certain it will change your life...
Btw; Element and I are working on a project together that will get your attention at the very least.
sold for $5 under retail. Whatta let down. I love the V1. Nothing against Turbocad, but I got a guy...

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Just curious if anyone has tried one of the Marquis long bevel caps? Does it improve functionality or is it just aesthetic?
I looked on Avid's and Insignia's Facebook pages as well as Avid's site and still haven't seen a "Long Bevel Cap". Please assist....

malkuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Gray, TN, USA
I received my Hastur today and thought I would share my initial thoughts. For background, I use a single coil and run about 1 - 1.2 ohm micro coils with ReadyXWick.

The atty is designed for both single and dual coils and top fed. As has been mentioned before, the o-rings are rather loose. Hopefully, some kind soul will post sizes for a slightly thicker o-ring, but the dental floss trick will work till then (if needed).

The features I really like are that
  1. Top Fed - I love this for leak proof design.
  2. Uses either an included chuff cap or 510 adapter. I prefer 510 drip tips.
  3. AFC position is visible from top of assembled atty. I can tell if it slipped, or changed itself prior to taking a puff.
For flavor and cloud production, I rank it equal with the REMM, Rogue and Derringer. It does not have the juice spitback (or condensation) that the REMM has, so I am not constantly getting juice in my mouth. All in all, a very good atty (as modded by CH), and I will not hesitate to purchase more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread