Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    ..and found out that I am one of the winners of a new innokin..
    :banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana:

Congratulations! I won the 134 mini in a contest here. I was quite surprised. I like it very much and use it almost exclusively now.

Jingles

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Looking for opinions here. I have a couple Coolfire 4s and really like them. My work beater was my istick 50 until I just dropped it and the screen broke. One of my Coolfire 4s is going to have to be my new work beater. Now the tough part, get me a green Coolfire 4 or a Disruptor?

I just got my 2nd Cool Fire IV this week, a gold one. I really like them also. I don't have the Disrupter buy it does look a little more "industrial" to me, maybe less comfortable in the hand. I am a female with arthritis in my wrists, so I have to consider both looks and comfort! If you're a guy with strong hands comfort may be less of a factor.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Looking for opinions here. I have a couple Coolfire 4s and really like them. My work beater was my istick 50 until I just dropped it and the screen broke. One of my Coolfire 4s is going to have to be my new work beater. Now the tough part, get me a green Coolfire 4 or a Disruptor?

Do you want to toss the whole thing when, eventually, the battery reaches end of life, or just get another battery? Your answer to that may help you decide :)

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2015
    Shorewood, IL
    Do you want to toss the whole thing when, eventually, the battery reaches end of life, or just get another battery? Your answer to that may help you decide :)
    Good point, but honestly, not sure I'll have a mod hold up long enough to see the battery die. I haven't yet! But I am leaning toward the Disruptor, and may make one of my CF4 my new work mod and keep the Disruptor away from work. I wish the battery was larger capacity, would be a no brainer.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.

How much do you want to bet that there is a new latest and greatest by the time I time out a battery. But, if it was really my concern I would just use an 18650 device not some so far unproven proprietary "system". No, I think I'll let the Disruptor prove itself before I jump on that band wagon.

BTW: My next CFIV will be coming custom engraved and coated from Phiniac for a mere $10 more . Phiniac Etched Mods

cool-fire3_zpsdmhiqfon.jpg

Last edited:

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    As an owner of each, I'd have to say it depends on how much you use the device at while you're away from the house. If 2000 mah is enough for you, either device would work, but I'd opt for the the Coolfire. On the other hand, your iStick 50 had considerably more mah--so, if you needed more, I'd go the Disrupter route and maybe bring along an extra battery.

The Disrupter is about the same size and shape as an MVP2/20W, with slightly more rounded edges and the button on the side rather than the front (and also easier to push). The Coolfire IV "feels" smaller and lighter, but also has a 40W limit rather than the 50W of the Disrupter.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 1, 2013
    Salem, OR
    And there are rumored larger capacity batteries for it as well.

If I'm remembering correctly, pbusardo said in his review that Innokin told him there would be higher capacity batteries before long. That would be great. I may hold off on buying an extra battery and wait for these.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Has anyone got one of the Phiniac CF4's with the sparkle finish on black? I'd love to see that, but it's not one of the examples shown on their site.

Andria

A few more days with my CoolFire has proven to me that it was not JUST love at first site. Aside from the 'fact' that it's a truly wonderful little device, I can not recommend the Phiniac etching and finish highly enuf.

It's VERY difficult to photograph, but yes, Andria, without hesitation I would recommend you go with the sparkle finish. It's subtle and amazingly beautiful. If any of you recall the GLV finishes, it's quite similar to those.

Without, of course, doing it justice... here's another shot.

20150727_150059.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    A few more days with my CoolFire has proven to me that it was not JUST love at first site. Aside from the 'fact' that it's a truly wonderful little device, I can not recommend the Phiniac etching and finish highly enuf.

It's VERY difficult to photograph, but yes, Andria, without hesitation I would recommend you go with the sparkle finish. It's subtle and amazingly beautiful. If any of you recall the GLV finishes, it's quite similar to those.

View attachment 476727

In TOTAL agreement. It's marvelous work and a considerable difference from the stock versions (I have one of each).

In a heartbeat, go etched & "Phinished".

Reactions: Katdarling

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    KatDarling said:

20150727_150059-jpg.476727

In TOTAL agreement. It's marvelous work and a considerable difference from the stock versions (I have one of each).

In a heartbeat, go etched & "Phinished".

That's where I'm leaning, for sure; TC is proving to be disappointing. Probably great for higher-powered vapers, but for tootling... inconsistent, and the flavor isn't as good as with kanthal.

I'm thinking the black with sparkles would look terrific... I really love the red and the purple of course, but I have to figure in "accessorizability"... i.e., I've got black driptips out the yinyang, but only one red and zero purple.. :facepalm:

It's gotta be my name... wish I could get that with a rose, instead of the dragon's head.

Andria

Reactions: DPLongo22

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    I'm sorry you're not "feeling the love" with TC, Andria. I just went through a period of trying to figure out why a Flash e-Vapor tasted so bad. Then it dawned on me, it's a single coil build and titanium is way different than nickel, especially in a device that only has a nickel profile. Now, I'm happy at a single coil, .58 ohms, 300F and 15 watts. I know that 15 watts is higher than what you probably vape at, but you may want to try lowering the temperature and upping the power a little. Makes a world of difference.

Reactions: Oregon Linda

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    I'm sorry you're not "feeling the love" with TC, Andria. I just went through a period of trying to figure out why a Flash e-Vapor tasted so bad. Then it dawned on me, it's a single coil build and titanium is way different than nickel, especially in a device that only has a nickel profile. Now, I'm happy at a single coil, .58 ohms, 300F and 15 watts. I know that 15 watts is higher than what you probably vape at, but you may want to try lowering the temperature and upping the power a little. Makes a world of difference.

Well I've had the wattage at 30 and 32 and 35, temp between 350(Ti) and 400(Ti), and also trying 350(Ni)... the taste just isn't very good, and I'm thinking it must be because it's a different metal. But it'll work *ok* -- not great flavor but vaping ok -- for about a day, then it just dies away. If I have to make a new coil every single day, from wire that costs twice what kanthal does.. that's not a win.

Andria

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    Jeesh, something is really wrong there. I'm using a build that I did over a month and 200ml+ ago. It looks like it'll go another 200ml without any problems.

When yours peters out does the mod read the same resistance and does it maintain power as you draw on it? I am guessing either resistance is going up or wicking is going down, assuming the coil hasn't been gunked to death already.

What atomizer are you using?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Jeesh, something is really wrong there. I'm using a build that I did over a month and 200ml+ ago. It looks like it'll go another 200ml without any problems.

When yours peters out does the mod read the same resistance and does it maintain power as you draw on it? I am guessing either resistance is going up or wicking is going down, assuming the coil hasn't been gunked to death already.

I think it's the gunk that's causing it... my strawberry & cream is EXTREMELY gunking, but it's my favorite, actually my only ADV, so that won't be changing. I've tried to look at the screen in the mirror to see what's happening, and it's difficult, being backward and all, but everything seems to be working correctly... it just won't vape past a certain point (in time)... about a day-ish. With my kanthal coils, I do have to dry-burn and rewick about every other day, but with kanthal, that's not a problem, dry-burning gets rid of it.

Andria

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread