Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Cloudmann, you may have heard about this accident. It happened at Myrtle Beach a week ago this past Tuesday.
Yeah... I read about it on one of our posts at work. Sorry to hear somebody close to you was involved and victimized. Again, my condolences. I see way too much of this.

Being a SC cop, and having seen the particulars of the case, I can say it's a pretty cut and dry case of vehicular homicide. It's basically a DUI conviction on crack. He won't see the sun again, potentially for the rest of his life... not without bars in the way, anyhow.

It's small consolation, but at least the girls' parents and brother will get some measure of justice.

My thoughts go out to you and the families involved.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
OK, so now that we're all officially bummed out, let's lighten the mood by getting back on track with the thread..

Something I've noticed about the GS tank... less tendancy to gurgle and spit. I think the larger tank diameter changes the way the juice gets into the channels or something. Whatever it is, the same coils tend to gurgle a little less with thinner juices like Reaper Blend when in the Tank... not sure why that is, exactly, but it is... just something interesting to pull the thread out of this funk.

Theories?

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
OK, so now that we're all officially bummed out, let's lighten the mood by getting back on track with the thread..

Something I've noticed about the GS Tank... less tendancy to gurgle and spit. I think the larger tank diameter changes the way the juice gets into the channels or something. Whatever it is, the same coils tend to gurgle a little less with thinner juices like Reaper Blend when in the Tank... not sure why that is, exactly, but it is... just something interesting to pull the thread out of this funk.

Theories?
I would like to hear what others think as well, I don't know yet I just got my new GS Air tank tonight and started vaping about 30 minutes ago :w00t:. I have the original 1.5 ohm dual coils in it, vaping NETs. So far it reminds me a lot of how the GS MS vapes though, a little more crackling/popping that that tall GS Air with that same type coil. Doesn't seem to affect flavor though, still good. But like I said, haven't vaped it enough to notice gurgling, that usually happens with me after say the second refill of the tank, or out in the hot weather. My Nautilus Minis are notorious gurglers under those conditions, the GS Airs do as well, but to a lesser degree. I should add I'm vaping 70/30 PG/VG 18 mg Nic NETs in the new tank right now.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I've never had a problem with the Airs gurgling except when it is really hot outside and I've had my mod out in the heat long enough for it to be affected. I basically stayed inside most of today. It got up to a ridiculous 106 degrees! No way an atty is going to work right in that kind of heat.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
I would like to hear what others think as well, I don't know yet I just got my new GS Air tank tonight and started vaping about 30 minutes ago :w00t:. I have the original 1.5 ohm dual coils in it, vaping NETs. So far it reminds me a lot of how the GS MS vapes though, a little more crackling/popping that that tall GS Air with that same type coil. Doesn't seem to affect flavor though, still good. But like I said, haven't vaped it enough to notice gurgling, that usually happens with me after say the second refill of the tank, or out in the hot weather. My Nautilus Minis are notorious gurglers under those conditions, the GS Airs do as well, but to a lesser degree. I should add I'm vaping 70/30 PG/VG 18 mg Nic NETs in the new tank right now.
Most times, I vape a 100% VG NET that I cut with a little water, so I generally don't get gurgling or popping at all, even in our deep down south heat waves... just a very low hiss. When using Reaper Blend (70% PG), I get tons of popping noises and a louder hiss. It's only with this liquid that I occasionaly het gurgling... I notice less in the Tank, though. Not sure why.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
I've never had a problem with the Airs gurgling except when it is really hot outside and I've had my mod out in the heat long enough for it to be affected. I basically stayed inside most of today. It got up to a ridiculous 106 degrees! No way an atty is going to work right in that kind of heat.
Yeah, we've had a lot of humidity this summer and I've had a lot of flooding (gurgling), but I just shake it out a little and it's alright after that. :)

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I am still getting used to the quietness of the new TC tank. I just started using it this afternoon. Right now, I think my mind is equating quiet with weak. I really got used to the noise of the older GS Tanks and it didn't bother me at all. I have never had much gurgling with my Airs.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
GS Air coils examination - I took the new TC coil out of my new GS Air temp control tank, and replaced it with a standard 1.5ohm coil, since i don't have TC yet. Put the TC coil beside of a 1.5 ohm dual coil, and a 1.2 ohm cotton coil. All are the same form and size and fit any of the GS Airs, as others here have already confirmed. Of interest to me was that the new nickel TC coil have a little bit larger airhole in the battery side pin. The 1.5 ohm and 1.2 ohm cotton have the same size hole all the way through. The TC can and the 1.2 ohm can are exactly the same, two short slots for wicking. The 1.5 ohm coil, 4 narrow slots for wicking. I don't have a TC mod, so set those aside for now. I took pics, but I presume you have to upload them to some online storage, I don't have that set up so cant show them.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Yeah, we've had a lot of humidity this summer and I've had a lot of flooding (gurgling), but I just shake it out a little and it's alright after that. :)
How are you "shaking" it out? just rapping it down on something, mod and all? Or blowing it out like I used to do with my CE5s?

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Most times, I vape a 100% VG NET that I cut with a little water, so I generally don't get gurgling or popping at all, even in our deep down south heat waves... just a very low hiss. When using Reaper Blend (70% PG), I get tons of popping noises and a louder hiss. It's only with this liquid that I occasionaly het gurgling... I notice less in the Tank, though. Not sure why.
Good info next refill it I'll try some 50/50 I have. Hopefully will get more juices in the mornings mail trying some new non nets :)

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Death Valley, Oregon :p

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
On EVC site in the description of the GS Air Tank it said "Airflow Ideal For Mouth-to-Lung Inhale".
Is that so for you who just got it? On the M, I could do a slow direct to lung inhale and was thinking with the larger diameter, the airflow should be more airy.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
On EVC site in the description of the GS Air Tank it said "Airflow Ideal For Mouth-to-Lung Inhale".
Is that so for you who just got it? On the M, I could do a slow direct to lung inhale and was thinking with the larger diameter, the airflow should be more airy.

I hope that the tanks are true to the "ideal for MTL". Since I am a MTL inhaler and I hated that when I first tried a SubTank, I felt like I had to direct lung inhale.

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
I hope that the tanks are true to the "ideal for MTL". Since I am a MTL inhaler and I hated that when I first tried a SubTank, I felt like I had to direct lung inhale.

LOL
I remember very well the first subohm tank I got a few months ago and it was STM. I hated it because it was way too airy, even at the lowest setting. Gradually, I switched over to lung inhale and nowadays, I have the STM airflow at max. Not many subohm tanks are suitable for MTL except for Ego ONE, GS air what I know.
I use GS Air MS subohm wise with a build .8 coil and although tight, I do direct to lung inhale on it.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
It'll suit a very slightly loose MTL hit or a moderately restricted DTL hit. Good tanks.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I've gotten used to having the airflow more open with the GS Air. But I'll always be an MTL hitter. I've tried lung hits and thought my lung was being ripped open. And I really can't see the point. I like the vapor in my mouth where I can taste it. There are no taste buds in my lungs. :D

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
I've gotten used to having the airflow more open with the GS Air. But I'll always be an MTL hitter. I've tried lung hits and thought my lung was being ripped open. And I really can't see the point. I like the vapor in my mouth where I can taste it. There are no taste buds in my lungs. :D

Nice to see someone thinks exactly like me! LOL

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
MTL, That's the way I smoked, that's the way I vape...saved me inhaling many dry hits!:eek:
Sometimes I vape like smoking a pipe, mouth and then exhale letting the vapor ride the exhale out my nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread