Boxer Mod 200W with Evolv DNA200 Temperature Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
This is Ginger Vaper's upcoming dna 200 version of their popular Boxer mod by Teemu Kangas:

11823150_461463254033046_1074648771795215362_o.jpg

11779818_461463340699704_5126807230335550193_o.jpg

Colors: Black, Blue, Red, White, Pink, Green, Orange, Yellow, Alumylon*

Features:
  • Powered by the Evolv DNA200 chip
  • 3000mAh Lipo Battery Pack: (1000mAh / 3S1P / 3 Cell / 11.1V)
  • Output Power 1W – 200W
  • Output Voltage: 0.5 Volt – 9.0V
  • 200°F-600°F
  • Modes: Locked, Stealth, Power Locked, Resistance Lock, Max Temperature Adjust
  • 8 User Profiles
  • 1A USB Cell Balancer Charging
  • Cell By Cell monitoring
  • Escribe Software for Custom Personalization
  • Plastic Nylon Body
  • Ergonomic design
  • Upgradable software/chip
  • OLED 0.91″ Screen
  • Dimensions: Approx. 3-1/3″ x 2″ x 1-1/2″
* Alumylon is a matte grey finish of a mixture of plastic and aluminum powder. Stronger than the standard offering it also has a more grainy, sandy appearance.

Pre-Sale Pricing: $199.95 for the regular colors. $224.95 for Alumylon. Shipping Starts Late August.
Boxer Mod 200W with Evolv DNA200 Temperature Control - Ginger Vaper

Info about the Boxer sx350j mod can be found here:
Boxer Mod Dual 18650 Yihi 350J | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited by a moderator:

Landman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Central AR
Doing the same @Yozhik, placing the preorder for the Alumylon.

Here's another pic they sent when I asked them to confirm whether the battery would be hard wired or removable via connectors (the answer was it will be installed via connectors). Thinking about ordering another battery or two and charger so I have a backup in case I'm traveling and don't have access to USB.

Reactions: Yozhik

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Doing the same @Yozhik, placing the preorder for the Alumylon.

Here's another pic they sent when I asked them to confirm whether the battery would be hard wired or removable via connectors (the answer was it will be installed via connectors). Thinking about ordering another battery or two and charger so I have a backup in case I'm traveling and don't have access to USB.

I'll likely only be using mine at home, just given the mods I already have. If one decides to carry a spare LiPo or charge batteries outside the mod, I'd strongly recommend using a fire proof storage case. A $2 investment in safety is well worth it. ;)

Trackstar Fireproof Lipo Storage Case (105 x 55 x 30mm)

Reactions: Landman

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
I'll likely only be using mine at home, just given the mods I already have. If one decides to carry a spare LiPo or charge batteries outside the mod, I'd strongly recommend using a fire proof storage case. A $2 investment in safety is well worth it. ;)

Trackstar Fireproof Lipo Storage Case (105 x 55 x 30mm)
Those are worthless. They actually burn with the battery, like turn to ash. I've watched so many of those burn up in the rc world they are more of a running joke than anything.

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Those are worthless. They actually burn with the battery, like turn to ash. I've watched so many of those burn up in the rc world they are more of a running joke than anything.

They are fire ......ant, not fire proof. Biggest problem is people who buy them off eBay, because then you have no idea if it was actually safely made. Here's a test of a lipo safe bag from HobbyKing:

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Another Zippy lipo... Don't sleep next to your mod guys.
I don't get all these 200+ USD mods with a 10 bucks lipo.

Pretty much the same battery quality as the Gens Ace you recommended in the DNA 200 forum. Regardless, if you don't like the Zippy, you can replace it with a different brand to your liking.

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Anyone know whether Ginger has plans to do this one as a kit?

I do find it interesting that their posted pricing is presently $25 easier than the SX350J mod.

My understanding is that the Boxer is mod only. The sx350j Boxer is more complicated to assemble they said, thus the price difference.

Landman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Central AR
Anyone know whether Ginger has plans to do this one as a kit?

I do find it interesting that their posted pricing is presently $25 easier than the SX350J mod.

My understanding is that the Boxer is mod only. The sx350j Boxer is more complicated to assemble they said, thus the price difference.

I asked a while back and was told they hadn't made a firm decision but it was doubtful as the DNA200 Boxer would be offered at a lower starting price than the SX350J Boxer. I'd have rather built it myself as a kit but I'll just build one later with a different case. Maybe someone will clone the SX350J Boxer but change the face to work with the DNA200 so it could be used with (2) 18650's!

smokewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Cyprus
Pretty much the same battery quality as the Gens Ace you recommended in the DNA 200 forum. Regardless, if you don't like the Zippy, you can replace it with a different brand to your liking.

Yes, you can also change the lipo. That makes this mod 200 + a new lipo.

Last edited:

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Yes, you can also change the lipo. That makes this mod 200 + a new lipo.

I've spent $200+ on mods that required another $10~20 in batteries just to use them. Regardless, if it matters that much to you, I'd suggest asking GV if they'll give you a small discount if they ship it out without a battery. They often have online customer chat service available, so it's very easy to inquire about that if you're truly interested in the mod otherwise. ;)

Landman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Central AR
I haven't heard much about the new dna 200w. Is it possible to run on 2 18650s? I actually only plan to use like 75 watts max. Maybe bump it up to 100w just for to try it. I ordered some Samsung 25r's and I'd rather use them than order a lipo battery. This boxer mod looks alright but I like more of a boxier look anyways.
AFAIK there's no prebuilt mods that you could order right now (that would also ship immediately) that will run on two 18650s. There's a beta firmware that will allow this if you DIY your own mod. The Cloudmaker Whiteout DNA200 version is supposed to be able to run this way if you wanted to, but the estimated shipping on those are maybe by mid September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread