Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I should've taken pics before I wicked it. It looked cool from above all lit up. I will on rewick.

A blurry one of a side. I either have a terrible phone camera or am the worst photographer that ever lived.

20150730_225348_zpsljkwmzgn.jpg~320x480

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I just dropped $42 after tax on a sapor rda and after reading this thread and having issues withe the drip top not fitting it I'm thinking of just returning it and getting one of these. I hate the vape game and what it does to me...

We've all bought disappointing stuff. At least it wasn't a $200 disappointment. The Aromamizer is well made, particularly for its price point. I did have to dremel my post holes on both decks though because they were like guillotines.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Nice coil build, Roxynoodle. What gage wire and coil diameter did you use?

Also, I might cave and pick this up. Any idea if the post holes could be fixed with file? And where did you all get it?

steamcrave.com You can order direct from them.

As far as the post holes, that may be an isolated problem. I've used the Phillips head screws with mine and have not had an issue using 26 or 27 gauge Kanthal. Maybe mine is a newer batch then those that have had issues?

[HASHTAG]#1174[/HASHTAG] here.

Reactions: slightlystoop

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Nice coil build, Roxynoodle. What gage wire and coil diameter did you use?

Also, I might cave and pick this up. Any idea if the post holes could be fixed with file? And where did you all get it?

Marc and I were on the first batch and had super sharp post holes. Others here who were on batch 2 or later seem to be fine with theirs. Sure you can use a small round file, if needed.

Build was 27g, 9 wraps, 2.5mm diameter per coil. I went 27g because I wanted my resistance above 0.3. And I think you'd be hard pressed to get 4 bigger coils than 2.5mm on there. I centered each one over a juice hole.

Reactions: Cacique

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015
So first impression before i even start building...god this drip tip sucks.

Any recommendations out there on a replacement? Preferably a plain old non-ss black one, thinking similar in size to the Lemo 2's.
The black delrin tip from my Subtank mini works. Might be able to find a similar replacement.

BagrX2

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2015
We've all bought disappointing stuff. At least it wasn't a $200 disappointment. The Aromamizer is well made, particularly for its price point. I did have to dremel my post holes on both decks though because they were like guillotines.
Yeah, called the shop I bought it from and they said to bring it in and they will see if they can make it work. I told them the only way to make it work would be to attack it with sandpaper and I am not going to do that to do that to something I just payed for that should work. They then mentioned swapping the top cap with the other one they have in the store that does fit. I told them we will see but I'll probably take the refund.

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015
Marc and I were on the first batch and had super sharp post holes. Others here who were on batch 2 or later seem to be fine with theirs. Sure you can use a small round file, if needed.

I was apprehensive about tightening my posts last night, 28 gauge twisted, they didn't get cut.

Reactions: roxynoodle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
So first impression before i even start building...god this drip tip sucks.

Any recommendations out there on a replacement? Preferably a plain old non-ss black one, thinking similar in size to the Lemo 2's.

Any 510 drip tip fits. I have a ton of tips so its not hard for me to change them. Go on an ebay or FT drip tip spree to have a variety around.

Ghost13

Feb 18, 2012
Simi Valley
Got mine yesterday 2 days from Hong Kong!...Absolutely love this Aromamizer! Dual 26 gauge 8 wraps 2.5mm coming in at .52 using Taifun GT II drip tip with two holes closed off and the flavor and vapor production is awesome! I have [HASHTAG]#1175[/HASHTAG] and had no issues of wire getting chopped.

Last edited:
Reactions: roxynoodle

m00shie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Malaysia
The new deck would be so helpful for getting coils up high.

How cool would it be to have one RTA and just be able to put different decks in? :). User upgradable tank!
I do agree that being able to change the deck is very useful while maintaining the dripper style of wicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread