Is there something wrong with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ssams

Jul 31, 2015
Hey guys, I have had something on my mind for a while and I was wondering if it was normal. I am fairly new to using tobacco, ive dipped a few times(and gotten a crazy rush) smoked a few cigs(same) and have used a pretty strong e cig called vuse. It may just be a local e cig but the point is its fairly strong and ive smoked it for a few months on/off. I recently got a pretty nice mod since vuse was pretty expensive, and since I stopped getting the nicotine buzz from it all at once. Anyways, upon using my mod( first nicotine use in weeks) I still didn't get any buzz. I easily went without nicotine when I didnt have it for weeks at a time so I know I dont just have a high tolerance. I'm using 24mg juice, and I really figured it would be working better for me. Any idea what is going on?

Denvap0r

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Colorado
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I have never gotten the same type of nicotine rush from vaping that I would get from smoking that first cigarette of the day. I believe it is the way the body absorbs nicotine from the vapor is different than from smoking. My advice would be that if you do not have a nicotine addiction at this point, don't start.

issy

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2014
Between Timid and Timbuktu
Hm, well, I don't get the same rush from vaping as I did smoking, but that's ok with me. The point for me is to not smoke cigarettes, and vaping does that for me. Likely it's a combination of chemicals in tobacco that give you a buzz, and vaping will never match that (can't speak for WTA juice, however).

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey guys, I have had something on my mind for a while and I was wondering if it was normal. I am fairly new to using tobacco, ive dipped a few times(and gotten a crazy rush) smoked a few cigs(same) and have used a pretty strong e cig called vuse. It may just be a local e cig but the point is its fairly strong and ive smoked it for a few months on/off. I recently got a pretty nice mod since vuse was pretty expensive, and since I stopped getting the nicotine buzz from it all at once. Anyways, upon using my mod( first nicotine use in weeks) I still didn't get any buzz. I easily went without nicotine when I didnt have it for weeks at a time so I know I dont just have a high tolerance. I'm using 24mg juice, and I really figured it would be working better for me. Any idea what is going on?

Bump your nic up or get a more efficient device.

Much life ahead of you...Have fun..be safe.

Cheers
I

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Likely it's a combination of chemicals in tobacco that give you a buzz, and vaping will never match that (can't speak for WTA juice, however).

Agree ^^^ ... At 19 years old and not addicted to smoking or vaping, my advice is to NOT do either one of them ... But everyone has advice and opinions (which are usually ignored by other people) and so you more than likely will vape nicotine if your mind is set on it and no matter what anyone here recommends.

With that caring remark from myself out of the way I will simply tell you that nicotine from vaping is not "exactly" like the nicotine from smoking. Yes, nicotine is nicotine but the problem is the method in how the nicotine is delivered into your body. With smoking there are just too many unknown and yet to be discovered variables. They are still finding chemicals and compounds in combustible tobacco smoke that they did not know was there. The current facts are leading many researchers to believe that those other alkaloids and chemicals are responsible for smoking being so addictive, not just the nicotine alone. Not only that, but I am assuming that all those other chemicals are what is responsible for the "buzz" that is experienced from smoking tobacco.

Another thing to take into consideration is that when inhaling cigg smoke your available oxygen goes way down when inhaling smoke as tobacco smoke is not a carrier of oxygen and therefore blocks oxygen from getting into your lungs. On the other hand, when you vape, the vapor can carry oxygen with it into the lungs and so you get much more oxygen into your body when inhaling vapor and so you are not starving your body for oxygen near as much as when smoking tobacco.

Personally, I do get a bit of euphoria , buzz, and relaxation while vaping nicotine, but it is not near as strong as when I smoked tobacco due to what I have just mentioned. Don't make the mistake of thinking that by increasing the nicotine level that you will get a better buzz because what you will get instead is being sick from the high amount of nicotine. So, you will not get as strong of a nicotine buzz from vaping as from smoking no matter what type of a vaping setup you use.

Reactions: Denvap0r

Romano Cheese

Master Mod Womper
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have tried a ton of devices and juices, up to 36 mg, and never experienced the buzz I used to get from cigs (not always, only when I went a while without)
    It kind of worries me that vuse gave you one, I wonder what else they put in those things?

I've got several coupons for Free Vuse's in the mail and gave them to my smoker friend. He got one so while we sat there I tried it and it was awful and chemically tasting. I read that Vuse has 48mg in their cartridges which is ridiculous - not fact checked just what I saw in a post somewhere in the interwebs - but from hitting it a few times I can say it was strong, bare minimum 36mg. Had to cloud that flavor out of my mouth it was terrible. Of course my friend is still smoking strong, which I think is the point of the high nicotine, chemically tasting Vuse ecig...they don't want sales from it, they want smokers to know that vaping tastes bad and is a bad experience and to stick with what they know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread