DNA 200 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Since I consider myself ignorant when it comes to vaping related electronics, can somebody explain to me how a JST - RCY connector (judging by the pics) rated at 3 amps continuous (although people have reported they can withstand around 7 amps during short periods) can cope with the current a 200W mod requires?

Yes, many 3S lipos come with those connectors but that doesn't make it right. In RC, we usually cut them off and solder something decent but maybe it's OK in a mod?

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

According to the JST-RCY datasheet, the recommended wire gauge is 28-22 AWG. What gauge battery wire do they have coming off the board into the male connector? If it is a JST-RCY (and it sure looks like it), I definitely would be swapping it out.

Datasheet found here: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...OHOqOucDDSmWP0YdQ&sig2=8eYeFpgs2GeMwyEkGdkTHA

Reactions: Mandro

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
I set my buttons to line up correctly when I got it this afternoon and then forgot about it. I've been vaping it for a few hours and didn't even look at the buttons until now and they're exactly where I put them. So, yes they spin but not on their own and really not much when in use.

I love the size and the ribs on the sides help with grip. I'm happy with it.

I am pretty OCD... but, that doesn't sound that bad. I think it only bugs me because its 200 dollars... which I know in the realm of Mods these days isn't exactly HIGH end of the money you could end up spending.. but, its enough.

Did I miss some good close up pics of the Hana 200? The photos on the Hana Modz site aren't that clear. Not taken apart, but just some nice glamor shots.

So far I do like what I see. Especially if its only a little bigger than the Vaporshark RDNA 40.

Reactions: KTMRider

David247

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
I got the HANA MODZ 200 today, size wise its the same dimensions as the VS RDNA40 just a 1/2 inch taller. Feels real nice in the hand. Very light. This is my first HANA and I'm quite impressed. The + and - buttons do spin.

2upzgon.jpg

23k9hr9.jpg

2mynupe.jpg

122hyq0.jpg
Hi zinc can I post your pics on ukvapers

Regards David

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I am pretty OCD... but, that doesn't sound that bad. I think it only bugs me because its 200 dollars... which I know in the realm of Mods these days isn't exactly HIGH end of the money you could end up spending.. but, its enough.

Did I miss some good close up pics of the Hana 200? The photos on the Hana Modz site aren't that clear. Not taken apart, but just some nice glamor shots.

So far I do like what I see. Especially if its only a little bigger than the Vaporshark RDNA 40.
You can always put double stick tape between the buttons to prevent them from spinning. I might try that just out of curiosity.

I hear ya on prices. My printed mod with the co-op DNA200 board still cost me ~$140. $200 is a lot of money but the mod is pretty nice and considering the board alone is $80 retail, it's not that bad. I know the DNA40's came down to the $100 price range but I can't see DNA200 mods dropping below $175 any time soon.

I'm very happy with the V200. It's a great size. The edges are rounded enough that you don't feel anything sharp like the SX-M (even though they softened some corners). Only about 3/8" taller than a rDNA40 in a sharkskin (my all time favorite mod). I like the extra width over the V4. I thought the V4 was kinda awkward to hold and use but the V200 is better. It weighs 274g (9.65 oz) with a full KF v4. My rDNA40 is 314g (11.1 oz) with a full KF v4.

Here's a few more pics...
DSC_2743_zpsydkbg2iu.jpg

DSC_2744_zps5afpixlz.jpg

DSC_2742_zpsjvojmlno.jpg

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
You can always put double stick tape between the buttons to prevent them from spinning. I might try that just out of curiosity.

I hear ya on prices. My printed mod with the co-op DNA200 board still cost me ~$140. $200 is a lot of money but the mod is pretty nice and considering the board alone is $80 retail, it's not that bad. I know the DNA40's came down to the $100 price range but I can't see DNA200 mods dropping below $175 any time soon.

I'm very happy with the V200. It's a great size. The edges are rounded enough that you don't feel anything sharp like the SX-M (even though they softened some corners). Only about 3/8" taller than a rDNA40 in a sharkskin (my all time favorite mod). I like the extra width over the V4. I thought the V4 was kinda awkward to hold and use but the V200 is better. It weighs 274g (9.65 oz) with a full KF v4. My rDNA40 is 314g (11.1 oz) with a full KF v4.

DSC_2743_zpsydkbg2iu.jpg

DSC_2744_zps5afpixlz.jpg

DSC_2742_zpsjvojmlno.jpg

Damnit, I am going to order one now. Thanks a lot :p

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
Well yeah, in fact you're paying $120 for a case and battery because that's all they add.

yovengo

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2014
Houston,TX,USA
Enclosure
Firebutton and switches if you don't want to use the onboard switches
DNA200 bezel / holder / cradle if you don't use a DNA200-ready enclosure
510 connector (i.e. Fat Daddy Vapes or Varitube)
Batteries (2S or 3S LiPo, 3x 18650 [2 already supported or just the 2S LiPos?])
wires
heatshrink
soldering stuff
time and patience.

Did I forget something?

EDIT:
And of course the DNA200 chip :lol:
Thank you! I wanna build me a dna200 box but I've never built a box ever in my life lol

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
Well yeah, in fact you're paying $120 for a case and battery because that's all they add.

Yep. Makes it even more upsetting :(

I usually don't mind, especially if its fit and finish is top notch, wouldn't even matter to me about the buttons at all, if they had nothing on them.

Oh well. I still want one :p

David247

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015

DSC_2743_zpsydkbg2iu.jpg

DSC_2744_zps5afpixlz.jpg

DSC_2742_zpsjvojmlno.jpg
What do they say about battery replacement is it non user serviceable like a vaporshark dna40 ?

Regards David

ozen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
Rabbit Hole
Last edited:

alee132

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2014
United States
How is the battery connected? It looks like is has connectors so the battery can be swapped.
2upzgon.jpg

23k9hr9.jpg

2mynupe.jpg

122hyq0.jpg
I would bet money that its the turnigy nano-tech 3s 950mah lipo that comes with the crappy 20g wire and jst connector's that cannot handle much amperage at all. Because I have a couple of those batteries and have opened a couple of them, heated and removed the 20g wiring directly from solder tabs, soldered on 18g wire and xt30 connector's. I am sure it will work the way they have it but if anything is going to bottleneck its going to be those connector's. Also looks like they removed the shrinkwrap but left the white part around it which is what does alot of the protection really so its not a bid deal imo. But I cycled a couple of these on the rc charger 10 times to get them up to capacity and they are for sure getting the full if not a tiny bit more of the mah out of them. Also the cells on the one's I got are matched very well and came working just fine. I also ran the battery analyzer after I had installed them and they came out at 10.57wh which was better than calculated very very slightly but I have been impressed considering the price of these cells!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread