AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
That's physics 101 stuff, very simple.

Not at all simple for the math-challenged, I'm afraid. I enjoy "laymen"-oriented stuff about physics, but once they bring in equations... I'm done!

Andria

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Not at all simple for the math-challenged, I'm afraid. I enjoy "laymen"-oriented stuff about physics, but once they bring in equations... I'm done!

Andria

I'm the opposite. I love math, but find any physics or science way out of my league! Just never liked or found it interesting myself!

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
It's about preference. With cigarettes, there was very little choice. There were very few ways one could make it "better" which is why I started rolling my own. To get away from corporate control of what I did and did not get WITH the nicotine. It's about having choices.

Freedom requires choices and the tobacco industry spent billions in their effort to control one's choices. Which is, in my opinion, the ONLY valid argument against legalizing drugs. Removing choices from something someone needs is slavery. I'm not a big fan of drugs but legalizing organized crime has ALWAYS been horrific and calling it "white collar crime" makes that addiction to money and power sound all soft and fuzzy when it's actually like putting a cute little sweater on a rabid dog.

Of course, that's the society we live in. A society that LIKES pretending that its serial killer mentality is all "warm and fuzzy". A society that says "boys will be boys" when bullies torture other kids - a society that thinks anyone who cannot or will not toe the social line deserves to suffer - and then they can't make sense of it when those on the receiving end of their torture and their "devil-may-care" attitude TOWARD that form of torture open fire on their classmates with automatic weapons.

A society that teaches its members that those who aren't as they think they should be deserve to be harmed or tortured or even die or be killed for disobeying man's petty social rules.

It's not ironic - it's just not very familiar. The vaping phenomenon is what freedom looks like. Fortunately, there are enough smokers - enough judges and attorneys and politicians and scientists and teachers and parents who smoke - or who have loved ones who smoke - to slap the control freaks down with regard to vaping. You can see how quickly the bumps in this road are being smoothed out. Most are only looking at the fight but if you look closer, you'll see that this is actually a quite smooth transition. There's no reason to fight about it. Lives are being saved. Nobody can justify the common, control freak's serial killer response to it.

There is far more going on than your aware of. Vaping does save lives, doctors have publicly claimed that vaping is not harmful. Ten years of data shows vaping is far healthier than smoking and there has not been any substantial reports of any vaping related illnesses or deaths. Yet California is putting out commercials claiming smoking is better for people than vaping is because California is just one of the states hurting because people are quitting smoking and vaping instead. That huge tobacco settlement doesnt pay out as much anymore because of fewer smokers and states are defaulting on the bonds they sold for the tobacco settlement funds. Tax revenue is also down because less people smoke. Big Pharma is also losing money because less people are buying chantrix, and the patches and nic gum, and instead are finding out about vaping. It being healthier doesnt matter to them when it comes to them losing massive amounts of revenue because of vaping.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The fear of all sums...

ROFL

full.jpeg

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    The fear of all sums...

Sums, I can handle -- 4.0 in college accounting! But once you get beyond arithmetic and very basic algebra, my eye just kinda roll up in my head... :D

Andria

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    And THAT'S the serial killer attitude. ROFL! "It's simple, you're stupid and deserve to be embarrassed so I can feel better about myself.". Good one! EXCELLENT illustration of my point - i.e. nice "sweater". Didn't draw any actual blood so it must be OK, eh? Pfft.
    It's very interesting that you interpreted what I said in that way. How a person interprets a innocouious statement reveals quite a bit... How do you feel about your mother?

:)

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY

Andria
    I understand. It's a bunch of simple ideas wrapped in a obfuscating language.

Most students look at the equations as a barrier, it's really just a language that they haven't learned. Much like how the noobs feel when they come here and see us talking in abbreviations.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    I understand. It's a bunch of simple ideas wrapped in a obfuscating language.

Most students look at the equations as a barrier, it's really just a language that they haven't learned. Much like how the noobs feel when they come here and see us talking in abbreviations.

Yep that's it exactly, but not only is it a language I don't know, it's one that I apparently don't have the capacity to learn... I even took algebra twice, the 2nd time as an elective, to try and get better at the higher-level stuff... just no go.

Andria

cincocc

Jul 27, 2015
    Illinois, USA
    There is far more going on than your aware of. Vaping does save lives, doctors have publicly claimed that vaping is not harmful. Ten years of data shows vaping is far healthier than smoking and there has not been any substantial reports of any vaping related illnesses or deaths. Yet California is putting out commercials claiming smoking is better for people than vaping is because California is just one of the states hurting because people are quitting smoking and vaping instead. That huge tobacco settlement doesnt pay out as much anymore because of fewer smokers and states are defaulting on the bonds they sold for the tobacco settlement funds. Tax revenue is also down because less people smoke. Big Pharma is also losing money because less people are buying chantrix, and the patches and nic gum, and instead are finding out about vaping. It being healthier doesnt matter to them when it comes to them losing massive amounts of revenue because of vaping.

All of that is temporary. Yes, there are bumps in the road, but those bumps are smoothing out almost as fast as they appear. If that's what you believe then that's the only side of the issue you're going to be able to see because anything and everything that contradicts what you believe will just appear nonsensical - assuming you can see it at all. When one bump smooths out, the smoothing out doesn't get your attention because your attention just goes to the next bump, making it appear that it's all bumps and moving very slowly. But from a political perspective, this and other issues regarding personal freedom are FLYING.

I have a different perspective. I came to vaping and the vaping "issue" from a whole other area - "out of left field", you might say - an area that is having an effect on the vaping issue, but that is of no interest to those who are holding the vaping issue right at the end of their noses, blocking their view of other things that are taking place. Just as my militant approach to the bans on smoking kept me from seeing vaping as the alternative that it is.

It doesn't matter. It's all good and it's a helluva ride! These are those "interesting times" the prophets warned you about, ROFL!!

cincocc

Jul 27, 2015
    Illinois, USA
    It's very interesting that you interpreted what I said in that way. How a person interprets a innocouious statement reveals quite a bit... How do you feel about your mother?

"Innocuous"...as I said...no blood = harmless. It's what you were taught.

You tried to soften the blow. That's NOT common. It's all good. No worries.

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    Yep that's it exactly, but not only is it a language I don't know, it's one that I apparently don't have the capacity to learn... I even took algebra twice, the 2nd time as an elective, to try and get better at the higher-level stuff... just no go.

Andria
    More than likely your teachers didn't know how to communicate the ideas in a way you would understand. Most teachers can't comprehend that some people need to be taught differently than the way they were taught

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    "Innocuous"...as I said...no blood = harmless. It's what you were taught.

You tried to soften the blow. That's NOT common. It's all good. No worries.
    Aahhh, now you have switched to deflection. Would you like to talk about your childhood....

Sorry, I'm cracking myself up here.

Welcome to ECF

chopdoc

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 30, 2014
    Independence, Louisiana, United States

Andria

Funny how that stuff works. I barely got thru geometry but had no problems with trigonometry or calculus. Cant remember much of any of it but I passed without much effort.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Champaign, IL
    Funny how that stuff works. I barely got thru geometry but had no problems with trigonometry or calculus. Cant remember much of any of it but I passed without much effort.

I think Geometry is a whole different kind of demon and shouldn't even be called math! (obviously, not a fan of Geometry)

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    It's not ironic - it's just not very familiar. The vaping phenomenon is what freedom looks like. Fortunately, there are enough smokers - enough judges and attorneys and politicians and scientists and teachers and parents who smoke - or who have loved ones who smoke - to slap the control freaks down with regard to vaping. You can see how quickly the bumps in this road are being smoothed out. Most are only looking at the fight but if you look closer, you'll see that this is actually a quite smooth transition. There's no reason to fight about it. Lives are being saved. Nobody can justify the common, control freak's serial killer response to it.

All of that is temporary. Yes, there are bumps in the road, but those bumps are smoothing out almost as fast as they appear. If that's what you believe then that's the only side of the issue you're going to be able to see because anything and everything that contradicts what you believe will just appear nonsensical - assuming you can see it at all. When one bump smooths out, the smoothing out doesn't get your attention because your attention just goes to the next bump, making it appear that it's all bumps and moving very slowly. But from a political perspective, this and other issues regarding personal freedom are FLYING.

I have a different perspective. I came to vaping and the vaping "issue" from a whole other area - "out of left field", you might say - an area that is having an effect on the vaping issue, but that is of no interest to those who are holding the vaping issue right at the end of their noses, blocking their view of other things that are taking place. Just as my militant approach to the bans on smoking kept me from seeing vaping as the alternative that it is.

It doesn't matter. It's all good and it's a helluva ride! These are those "interesting times" the prophets warned you about, ROFL!!

...then I would encourage you to do some serious research on what is really happening on the political front concerning vaping all across the USA, the personal freedom part is quickly disappearing as vaping continues to be tied in with smoking/tobacco products subject to the very same bias... bans/regulations/laws and looming on the horizon the taxes. Those "bumps in the road" are the bodies of those who have been fighting the good fight for years now against these strict regulations because the control freaks are winning.

cincocc

Jul 27, 2015
    Illinois, USA
    Aahhh, now you have switched to deflection. Would you like to talk about your childhood....

Sorry, I'm cracking myself up here.

Welcome to ECF

You understand, don't you? That most know exactly what I'm talking about and are more than just a little familiar with the impotent shifting of a losing battle to ad hominem territory, where the "I don't want anyone to know I'm a serial killer" serial killer mind feels safe?

You ARE safe, little one. It's ALL over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread