• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
This is what it shows on my updates Bob...Like i said if i click on reserve nowt happens at all. Maybe i already reserved it and forgot, dunno, can`t remember !
Okay if it still hasn't offered it to you, then download the Media Creation Tool to your desktop from these locations:
For 32bit OS http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616935
For 64bit OS http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616936
you will probably need the 64bit one, once downloaded then run it, and choose the Upgrade this PC now option BUT you should really create a DVD just in case you need to reinstall it again in the future, if you haven't got any blank DVDs then you would need a DVD-R from your local reseller - I'm assuming your laptop has a DVD writer/player which most of them do these days.

Reactions: terry w

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
Well I installed windows 10 fine on my laptop yesterday. Seems pretty good so far, not that different to Windows 8.1. They've done away with some of the features I didn't like.

Occasionally it's a bit slow to load things like opening control panel or a programme from the start menu but I'm hoping it'll settle down soon, the specs for running it are the same to 8.1 so my computer should be fine for it.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
The correct way to use the calculator for nic reduction is to put the higher amount 12mg in the nic base box and 6 mg in the target nicotine level, Amount to create can be any figure - best to use 100 normally, then zero for water & flavour because you already have flavour mixed in, it will then give you the percentages of each to use like this:

As this actually comes out as 50% then whatever the amount of 12mg you have, you will need the same amount of 0mg in this case 80ml of each.

as for making up the zero nic then you should have put 80ml not 160ml in the amount to make box, otherwise you would be adding twice the amount of flavouring
Ah! for some reason, I was thinking that if I added an equal amount of zero, I'd get .9mg! - I'm seeing now that I do just need an equal amount to halve the strength!
So, this is what I need to make:

upload_2015-7-31_10-44-8.png

Reactions: Bobw1951

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Ah! for some reason, I was thinking that if I added an equal amount of zero, I'd get .9mg! - I'm seeing now that I do just need an equal amount to halve the strength!
So, this is what I need to make:

View attachment 476734
That's it, then mix the two together once you have made the 80ml zero nic

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Vapemail: blue istick 40w TC from FT and a pair of ceramic tweezers from Ashton-u-Lyne (eBay) to replace a pair that I broke, couldn't be bothered to wait for them to come from China

Nice one Bob.I'm upto 520° on mine now,i don't like cold custard :laugh:
Let me know what you think when you've had a blast.

Reactions: Pictor

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
That's it, then mix the two together once you have made the 80ml zero nic
Thanks - I get there in the end! This mixing stuff and me don't work very well! :laugh:
I'm better off just mixing a percentage of flavour concentrate with nicotine base!

Vapemail
30ml Clotted Cream Fudge
30ml Lemon Cheesecake
Drip drop vapours
Not heard of them before. Hope you like them - I see they do a mint chocolate one, but they're all 60%VG. Never mind, I'm doing OK now for chocolate mint ones I think :)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I think it's underpowered Bob and so does this fella that did the dry cotton test.He vapes his at 550°

Weird!
I just did a quick test with a Nautilus Mini that I have just re-coiled with a fresh tank of juice, it was on my Kangxin Mini and showed 0.29 ohms and I was vaping at 400°F so I let it cool down to room temp and put it on the iStick, it came up as 0.33 ohms but at the same temp it tasted exactly the same (I initially tried both at 450°F but that was too hot for that small atty).

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Okay if it still hasn't offered it to you, then download the Media Creation Tool to your desktop from these locations:
For 32bit OS http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616935
For 64bit OS http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616936
you will probably need the 64bit one, once downloaded then run it, and choose the Upgrade this PC now option BUT you should really create a DVD just in case you need to reinstall it again in the future, if you haven't got any blank DVDs then you would need a DVD-R from your local reseller - I'm assuming your laptop has a DVD writer/player which most of them do these days.
Cheers bob, unfortunately my Lappy doesn`t have a disk drive.

Vapemail: blue iStick 40w TC from FT and a pair of ceramic tweezers from Ashton-u-Lyne (eBay) to replace a pair that I broke, couldn't be bothered to wait for them to come from China

Thats only a mile or so from where i live Bob. :)

Vapemail...
PMP...Lews Brew...QOP`s.

Marcus1970

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Wales
Thanks - I get there in the end! This mixing stuff and me don't work very well! :laugh:
I'm better off just mixing a percentage of flavour concentrate with nicotine base!

Not heard of them before. Hope you like them - I see they do a mint chocolate one, but they're all 60%VG. Never mind, I'm doing OK now for chocolate mint ones I think :)

I've had the mint choc ice and it is very nice.You can customise your mix I think 70/30 is the max.
Welsh custard is the mutts nuts thanks for the recommendation

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I've had the mint choc ice and it is very nice.You can customise your mix I think 70/30 is the max.
Right -didn't see that! :)
Welsh custard is the mutts nuts thanks for the recommendation
Glad you like it! It's my favourite custard.

Reactions: Marcus1970
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread