BOTTOM FEEDERS= a place for everything modified and/or custom made

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
What I did on most of my atomizers was to take the screw out and pull the T out the top and slide out the insultor from the top nd then take out bottom

insulator and cut Dremmel a slot on the insulators and then reassemble and line up the 2 lots so as to feed the ejuice.

But I had to select where the ejuice comes out with one slot I chose between the posi--and negative base poles.

But you can also slot the pin on both sides with a dremmel. I did this on one dripper.

Make your slots on the ends of the screw slot.

Mine worked good both ways but --------------Proceed At Your Own Risk and study other threads on this process before you begin.

ESPECIALLY if your dripper/atomizer is authentic and EXPENSIVE !!!!

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
This is my Stillire pin slot for BF--------slotted both sides and then slotted from hole to hole-
slot.jpg

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
That's what I spent on my drippers but they are all clones about 25.00.

My bottom insulator is of course really small and so to cut a slot is almost impossible with out cutting it all the way through.

So I cut the bottom insulator with my small wire cutters on one side and it removes just enough material to work.

You don't need much od a hole for the juice to get there. I just snipped through the bottom insulator and when you reinstall it you can barely see

a hole.

Worked good 4 me.-----------------------------------------------GOOD LUCK !!!!

Reactions: Trickydick666

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
got a bit more done on my dna200 bottomfeeder, figured I'll put a few more progress shots. my original goal was to try and make a dna200 bottom feeder and make it smaller than a dibi :lol: ok, so not quite smaller than a dibi, but not much larger I guess :) it's actually shorter and narrower than a dibi but it's thicker

the inner aluminum divider started out as a solid block of 1"x2" 6061 T6 aluminum and a lot of milling, but still needs some more machine work...

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
also, while I'm here, just want to tell you guys about an awesome atty that I just picked up. it's called the Aeolus V2 Pro. what makes this thing sick for me is a few things, it's only $70, made in the usa ( I think) and the main chamber is threaded to the deck meaning a rock solid, swing the mod around from the atty type deal. the airflow is really nice, smoothest draw I've ever had. the airflow is cool in this thing, comes down from the top on both sides, and the best thing I love about it? with a shortened center post it can take a center mounted coil, so the airflow scoops up from underneath the coil like a bottom air atty, yet because it's top air it's impossible to leak or oversquonk. I give this thing a nice long hard squonk and it fills the chamber guaranteeing full saturation, then it all just sucks back down... the vape and flavor off of this thing is just great, right up there with the best of the best nuppins and chalice's... just figured I'd mention it here for all you other bottomfeed dudes :)

20150730_015104_zps0lvkildi.jpg

20150730_015313_zpssly64zr8.jpg

20150730_015329_zpsk5ewal9w.jpg

20150730_020138_zpswqh56rca.jpg

20150730_020229_zpsifafgzue.jpg

20150730_020255_zpsxwwpkxfe.jpg

20150730_020307_zpsvgaif78a.jpg

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
I did it myself. haven't seen catfish do this atty but he does so many I might have missed it, his thread is impossible to fully keep up with :)

the center pin has a square shoulder at the base so it can't spin but it also has a round extended extension below that that seats all the way into the square insulator.I had to chuck the pin in the lathe and cut the round recess to higher up on the pin then cut an equal part of the round extension off, shortening the center pin by I'm guessing around 2mm or so... doesn't change anything about the atty, can still build conventional duals but also allows enough room for the over the center coil.

the 3 600mah batteries give about as much life as the 1,900 mah batteries we were using over a year ago. there are a few other options for batteries that have a little more capacity but take a little more space too. evolve now did a 2 cell firmware option too, so options are really opening up. for example if you used 4 of these same gum stick cells and made a 2s2p pack it would give the power density equal to a 2,400mah 18650

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Catfish refuses to modify the Aeolus because of the brass pin. He is picky that way.
Love your DNA200 bottom fed design. I am just thinking of tucking all the pieces into a Hammond 1590b box. It would be big and ugly but functional, long battery life and very easy to build. Bu it would be so ugly. Yours is beautiful. Keep up with the inspiring work.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
big props to tom for setting a standard and sticking to it, I can def see his stance on the brass and honestly can't say I disagree with him at all. totally respect his opinion on it, the brass is my least favorite part, but personally I'm not so against it that I refuse to vape it. I always soak anything brass with 2 parts vinegar/1 part hydrogen peroxide for 5 min or so to remove surface lead because otherwise I think I can actually taste the brass. after soaking I don't really taste it. personally I think I get more turned off from really cheap SS hardware that turns black than I do from well cleaned and pickled brass. now copper and aluminum and stuff I wouldn't touch at all in my vape but pickled brass I can tolerate.

truth is personally I like this atty enough that I plan to mod it even further and build a whole new deck for it eventually. I want to build a 2 post deck and shorten the cap down towards derringer/stumpy type short... the brass is my least favorite part, but the top airflow and screw on cap for me are so good that I'm living with the brass for now. for me, this atty with a 2 post SS deck and shortened cap would be absolute killer.

I never played with any of the hammond boxes. are you talking about the one that's around the size of a hana mod or the larger one?

avpx1

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2015
Catfish refuses to modify the Aeolus because of the brass pin. He is picky that way.
Love your DNA200 bottom fed design. I am just thinking of tucking all the pieces into a Hammond 1590b box. It would be big and ugly but functional, long battery life and very easy to build. Bu it would be so ugly. Yours is beautiful. Keep up with the inspiring work.
I picked up some BF RDA Replacement Contacts from FatDaddy. They are 2.5mm and fit most RDAs. I used them to replace the copper center pin on my Zephyr Buddha clone.
SHOP - FatDaddyVapes.com - Home of the best vape tweaks and replacement hardware.

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
Here is my latest BF mod. Very similar to some other creations in this thread, except this mod's corners were done with a rotary table/tail stock setup. The hybrid atty is home made too, with "facets" machined in at the same intervals as the corners on the mod. I am liking the tool marks, and I may keep it just like it is; I only sanded with 1500 grit here. Very pocket friendly and hits hard, too. I learned a lot while making this guy, so it was time well spent. Thanks to ALL the mod builders in here who inspired me to make this. {Grateful for this thread} :)
BF1.jpg
BF2.jpg
BF4.jpg
BF3.jpg
BF5.jpg

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
Here is my latest BF mod. Very similar to some other creations in this thread, except this mod's corners were done with a rotary table/tail stock setup. The hybrid atty is home made too, with "facets" machined in at the same intervals as the corners on the mod. I am liking the tool marks, and I may keep it just like it is; I only sanded with 1500 grit here. Very pocket friendly and hits hard, too. I learned a lot while making this guy, so it was time well spent. Thanks to ALL the mod builders in here who inspired me to make this. {Grateful for this thread} :)
View attachment 477807 View attachment 477808 View attachment 477809 View attachment 477812 View attachment 477810
impressive! well done

Reactions: JohnnyDill

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Just finished reading all the posts in this thread. TON of amazing work and information here. Just chiming in because it has been my mission to get into squonking and, me being me, i must build my first squonker myself. My first attempt will be a Raptor 20A/OKL-T/20/TDK Lambda dc/dc converter, or, I may just tear apart my Sigelei 150w and use that chip. All in a box that will fit the chip, (2) 18650s and a bottle. Haven't decided whether to use a Hammond B box I have sitting around and TRY to cram it all in, or make one myself. Either way, the FD BF 510 is on its way so I can't wait to start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread