Eleaf GS Air Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
I've gotten used to having the airflow more open with the GS Air. But I'll always be an MTL hitter. I've tried lung hits and thought my lung was being ripped open. And I really can't see the point. I like the vapor in my mouth where I can taste it. There are no taste buds in my lungs. :D
LOL
Shall we start a debate on this? Heh......
Let me see how I can argue this disagreement.........
Nah, it is user preference, subjective or whatever we call it.
I give up, I must argue..........
I know the taste buds are not in the lungs but somewhere in the mouth and think of this with ALLLLL the vapor passing by on the way down and up from the lungs.
Dry hits, what dry hits? What is it? LOL
Guess I am the cloud chaser air headed type of guy? Sigh......

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Each to his own, Mrmik! I have absolutely no problem with cloud chasers. We all need to vape in the way that works for us and keeps us off the cigarettes. What I do have a problem with is cloud chasers who sneer at tootle puffers or crowd up the newbie threads with constant recommendations of subohm tanks to people who say they are MTL hitters. (And I don't mean you when I say that).

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Each to his own, Mrmik! I have absolutely no problem with cloud chasers. We all need to vape in the way that works for us and keeps us off the cigarettes. What I do have a problem with is cloud chasers who sneer at tootle puffers or crowd up the newbie threads with constant recommendations of subohm tanks to people who say they are MTL hitters. (And I don't mean you when I say that).
Yep, to each his own! :) The last part is what gets my goat...:evil:
also makes it hard to debate when we say, "this is what I do..." :lol:
Now, if it was, "you should...":nah:
Murica! 'Nuff said! :lol::lol::lol:

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
MTL, That's the way I smoked, that's the way I vape...saved me inhaling many dry hits!:eek:
Sometimes I vape like smoking a pipe, mouth and then exhale letting the vapor ride the exhale out my nose.
Retrohale... yep... old school pipe smokin'. That's what I missed most about smoking when I transitioned (pipes and cigars, specifically)... until I discovered NETs and DIY. Now I have probably literally 3 or 4 liters of juice in the house and several more liters of VG waiting to be used. Moved from one addition to another!

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Murica! 'Nuff said!
Yep... we don't need Captain 'Murica and his Joe Dirt mullet to come out and settle this situation. This is a united democracy of vaping we live in.

Me personally, I swap between MTL and DTL hits... all about the mood and my setup.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
I convinced a great ECF friend who has helped me a LOT to try the M tank -- he did not like the difficulty in filling so he has it up in the "cellar" with a pack of coils, if anyone needs a deal. Wish Eleaf had made these a little easier to fill on the go. Otherwise, they are perfect -- TO ME. :):wub:

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
MTL, That's the way I smoked, that's the way I vape...saved me inhaling many dry hits!:eek:
Sometimes I vape like smoking a pipe, mouth and then exhale letting the vapor ride the exhale out my nose.
You, Sir, are scholar and a gentleman.

I certainly don't mean to cast aspersions on those who have dissimilar preferences. God rest their woeful souls..

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
Just before I found the GS Airs here on this thread, I became convinced the Subtank Minis and a Plus were the to go. They definitely proved to be DTLs. Using the build your own platform at 1.8 to 2.0 or so was a little better but still way too airey. Frankly I think they SUCK. I'm a MTL-er. I want and need TH and flavor. Huge clouds seems rather immature. 'Every dog to his own vomit'.

Wonder if Eleaf could give us a 'buildable' platform in a closely similar format as the MS and Ms?

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I convinced a great ECF friend who has helped me a LOT to try the M tank -- he did not like the difficulty in filling so he has it up in the "cellar" with a pack of coils, if anyone needs a deal. Wish Eleaf had made these a little easier to fill on the go. Otherwise, they are perfect -- TO ME. :):wub:
The weakness in the M and MS tanks...poophead designers.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Just before I found the GS Airs here on this thread, I became convinced the Subtank Minis and a Plus were the to go. They definitely proved to be DTLs. Using the build your own platform at 1.8 to 2.0 or so was a little better but still way too airey. Frankly I think they SUCK. I'm a MTL-er. I want and need TH and flavor. Huge clouds seems rather immature. 'Every dog to his own vomit'.

Wonder if Eleaf could give us a 'buildable' platform in a closely similar format as the MS and Ms?

Now wouldn't that be a kick - a GS Air M with a rebuild deck! Love the idea.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Now wouldn't that be a kick - a GS Air M with a rebuild deck! Love the idea.
I think that idea will eventually be realized soon if not later. It has taken awhile but they have attained the ability to produce flavorful tanks with decent air flow without being extreme. But for the most part they still use disposable coil heads only. Maybe next week :)

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
The weakness in the M and MS tanks...poophead designers.
Haha true. But they fixed it in the new GS Air tank you could fill it with a fire hose lol. That may be a small exaggeration :p and like you pointed out, thy got rid of the needless battery vent hole in the pin so no more seepage into my Istick!

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I think that idea will eventually be realized soon if not later. It has taken awhile but they have attained the ability to produce flavorful tanks with decent air flow without being extreme. But for the most part they still use disposable coil heads only. Maybe next week :)
And then they'll deny their existence...

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
How are you "shaking" it out? just rapping it down on something, mod and all? Or blowing it out like I used to do with my CE5s?
Oh no, don't take a hammer to it!!! :lol:
assembly line.gif
I just take off the tip and shake it out (similar to shaking a thermometer, but facing the chimney towards the ground or your sink). You'll see juice in the sink when doing this and then I just clean the chimney with a napkin. I don't really recommend it because if you get too close to the coil, it can ruin it. Shaking it out is probably not a good idea either because it IS probably jarring the whole system, but I just do it because of laziness and it works most of the time for me. :)
Afternoon Airheads and Merica!!
vape (chair).gif

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
On EVC site in the description of the GS Air Tank it said "Airflow Ideal For Mouth-to-Lung Inhale".
Is that so for you who just got it? On the M, I could do a slow direct to lung inhale and was thinking with the larger diameter, the airflow should be more airy.

I hope that the tanks are true to the "ideal for MTL". Since I am a MTL inhaler and I hated that when I first tried a SubTank, I felt like I had to direct lung inhale.
I don't have an M but presume the draw may be similar to the MS which I do have. Comparing my new GS Air to my MS, with flow control wide open the new GS Air is airier (more flow). With flow control closed all the way off MS will has a little flow while the new GS Air has almost none, very tight control. Both are perfect for mouth to lung hits and maybe you could do lung draws on the new GS air but I wouldn't since these have ocassionally spit on my 70/30 or even 50/50 pg/vg (usually when I first draw) and they are short tubes so it reaches your mouth/lungs if it spits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread