Not open for further replies.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Have you ever tried any other chips, let me tell you, While I love my V2.5s and P3s(vape wise), I gotta say the new SX Mini M or SX Mini S Class with the SX350/SX350J chip blows the vape experience that Provari once brought to the table. You should shy away from Provape here and there and try other devices out in the market. Live for once :)
I have the VS RDNA 40, the SX Mini "M" class, the Vapor Flask, and the P4U IPV4, as well as GP Paps and the Piccolo. I like them all - but will I ever stop using my P3s? In a word - NO. I have 2 atomizers that I vape at 20+ watts: the Aspire Triton and the Merkava.

The Provari is a mainstay for me - I push the fire button and if it fires, I know it is safe to vape. The customer support at Provape is second to none. The Provari is stable and dependable. When Provape releases another device, I will, in all likelihood, buy it. I know that Provape will not release a product "before its time".

Best Regards,
F2V

Reactions: jwbnyc

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Why would ProVape make a far better and more expensive version of what the Chinese are selling for less than the price of a ProVape board and chip? There's nothing special or ergonomic about a box mod; they are just cheap and easy to make. ProVape does need to go smaller and bring back the PV-1 and develop tiny cigalikes , tanks and PCC. The box market is saturated and cloud chasers seem to want to do it on the cheap...

There are very good reasons for ProVape to make a better box. A few days ago I drifted into the newbie section and found two threads on Chinese modes going thermal. That alone is plenty reason enough. The market is saturated with cheap junk, but very few could be called a quality product.

There is certainly nothing ergonomic about using a P3 in 18650 mode (though it is quite nice in 18350 mode). It is likely one of the more cumbersome, clumsy, dorky looking modes out there. Certainly nothing special about it, much less ergonomic. Making a box mod might even be a bit more expensive then a tube, at least one that is ergonomically well thought out, which wouldn't really look like a box at all.

I do hope you understand the reason the ProVape-1 is out of production is because is wasn't selling enough to make it worthwhile to keep it in production. There is little doubt that if the PV-1 was a good seller in would still be sold. It was a good idea at the time it came out, but consumers have moved on, and for very good reasons. I won't touch even the idea of cigalikes.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
There are very good reasons for ProVape to make a better box. A few days ago I drifted into the newbie section and found two threads on Chinese modes going thermal. That alone is plenty reason enough. The market is saturated with cheap junk, but very few could be called a quality product.

There is certainly nothing ergonomic about using a P3 in 18650 mode (though it is quite nice in 18350 mode). It is likely one of the more cumbersome, clumsy, dorky looking modes out there. Certainly nothing special about it, much less ergonomic. Making a box mod might even be a bit more expensive then a tube, at least one that is ergonomically well thought out, which wouldn't really look like a box at all.

I do hope you understand the reason the ProVape-1 is out of production is because is wasn't selling enough to make it worthwhile to keep it in production. There is little doubt that if the PV-1 was a good seller in would still be sold. It was a good idea at the time it came out, but consumers have moved on, and for very good reasons. I won't touch even the idea of cigalikes.

How is it more ergonomic to hold a box than a tube? A ProVari in 18650 mode also fits in my pocket a lot better than a box. Boxes also look silly to me- like a medical device. They are also not effective when confronting hooligans...

Just because you wouldn't buy a high end cigalike or non regulated PV-1 doesn't mean many wouldn't. If ProVape released a limited run of 500 PV-1s I guarantee they would sell out in a few days...

Reactions: MsLoud

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
The same goes for the SX Mini and DNA mods. Or are you going to tell us you really think only Provape makes a safe device?

No one else has the track record ProVape has. Didn't DNA boards not even have reverse battery protection until recently?
No, I wouldn't trust China boxes not to blow up, especially the ones with onboard charging... I would trust a Dani or Semovar, though.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
How is it more ergonomic to hold a box than a tube? A ProVari in 18650 mode also fits in my pocket a lot better than a box. Boxes also look silly to me- like a medical device. They are also not effective when confronting hooligans...

Just because you wouldn't buy a high end cigalike or non regulated PV-1 doesn't mean many wouldn't. If ProVape released a limited run of 500 PV-1s I guarantee they would sell out in a few days...
You're a better man then me if you can put a ProVari in 18650 mode in your pocket. I guess it depends on which pocket, though I can't think of any I have that would work except for my winter parka.

I have to wonder if you are actually reading my post on box design. From your reply it doesn't appear so.

I actually did buy a PV-1, quite some time ago, which has been boxed up and sitting on the shelf for some time.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
You're a better man then me if you can put a ProVari in 18650 mode in your pocket. I guess it depends on which pocket, though I can't think of any I have that would work except for my winter parka.

I have to wonder if you are actually reading my post on box design. From your reply it doesn't appear so.

I actually did buy a PV-1, quite some time ago, which has been boxed up and sitting on the shelf for some time.

Sure, fits in a front pocket of jeans or dress slacks.
Yes, you said the market has moved on. The idea that more power equals a better vape may be true for new vapers, but there are still a lot of old school vapers who vape not to smoke. Some of us don't need to keep increasing power to get a good vape. I don't understand the tolerance to vaping some develop.

It was a mistake of ProVape to stop production of the PV-1. Now that it hasn't been available in a while I am sure it would sell out quickly if they made some more. If ProVape made a high quality cigalike and PCC I am sure they would sell well also...

Reactions: MsLoud

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
The same goes for the SX Mini and DNA mods. Or are you going to tell us you really think only Provape makes a safe device?
I think you completely took my meaning out of context. I like the Provari. It is a great device. I enjoy vaping at wattages that don't require the higher wattages that the SX Mini and DNA have. I have a SX Mini "M" class, a IPV4, VS RDNA 40, and now the DNA 200. I use these for temperature control - typically, but not always, on ni200 coiled RDAs. These work great, but after reading one member's experience with the IPV4(?) catching fire, it does concern me.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Just thought to bring this full circle and point out the upcoming 'Radius' by ProVape.

I was amazed with what ProVape has done. A few of us had it pretty well nailed as what we thought would work as a box mode. I did get a few points wrong though. I was sure they would stay with one button, but it looks like a three button. Don' t know yet about the power rating, but I had said 50 watts. After reading Zen's educated views on batteries, and he knows a whole lot more then I do, I would guess perhaps 30 watts with the 18650, but perhaps a few more, but they won't be Chinese vapor watts.

It will be great to be able to use a device that is as short as a mini but with a battery that would would likely last three times as long. I love the idea of a plastic body. It should lighten it up a lot.

Siam Diesel

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Thailand
www.thailandvapers.com
After reading Zen's educated views on batteries, and he knows a whole lot more then I do, I would guess perhaps 30 watts with the 18650, but perhaps a few more, but they won't be Chinese vapor watts.
According to one of the ProVape comments on FB, it'll be over 30 watts for sure... :thumb:

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
35 watts, I'd be happy with that, I don't even max out my P3 yet, maybe someday I'll take the training wheels off :lol::lol::lol: Oh yeah, you can actually build to maximize what power you have available...never mind :2cool::)

I have taken the P3 to 17 watts for a ride on the wild side. Like any thrill ride it lost its charm pretty quickly. I seem to be stuck on 14 watts. I have no desire to mess with and have forgotten the last time I changed it.

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I have taken the P3 to 17 watts for a ride on the wild side. Like any thrill ride it lost its charm pretty quickly. I seem to be stuck on 14 watts. I seem to have no desire to mess with and have forgotten the last time I changed it.
I have a Kanger sub tank, my happy place is with a 1.8Ω coil in the RBA at 4 volts :)

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Eh. Shrug. He's gotten it somehow; whether he got it straight from provape as a review item is besides the point dontcha think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

read the link I posted ... twisted does not have one, nor does he know any more about it than I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread