Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Sorry you're having such problems FV. :( I hope they get it figured out soon.

I'm a bit ticked. On the 17th, I ordered a replacement battery for my original Nook online with Barnes & Noble. On the 24th, they sent an email that there was a delay and it would be shipped within 1-5 business days. This morning at 5:30am they sent another email, telling me my order had been cancelled, and they hope I'll return to see if the item is again in stock. :facepalm: FAT CHANCE! :lol: I just ordered one from Amazon for about the same price - actually LESS because of the free shipping. And it's guaranteed to be here Sunday. :thumbs:

My Nook is the one with 3G, and I don't think they make them like that any more. I love it because it doesn't have a back light, and up until the battery started acting up, would hold a charge for at least a week. Now I'm having to recharge every other day. I know they want people to upgrade, but why would anyone want to stick with them if they don't support their products??

/rant over

I hope everyone is having a nice Friday! :)

That stinks!

Reactions: Bamrz

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Work was uneventful. I ran by Food Depot on the way home because they had a good sale on meats this week. I got a pork roast, country style ribs, ground chuck, and 2 big pork tenderloins all for right at $40.

I'm doing absolutely nothing right now while Morgan does some extra chores. I got up this morning to find a jar of opened pickles, peanut butter jar open and bread left open all on the counter. The fridge was not shut all the way and there was fork with half an eaten pickle on her desk. I told her that since she doesn't pick up after herself then she gets extra chores to make up for what I do. Fair enough, right? She put up no argument and started immediately on the chores. Alex on the other hand did not handle his extra chores very well. He's not supposed to eat or drink in his room with the computer because he never cleans up after himself and the milk is growing hair by the time he finally brings it to the sink. He doesn't agree with the rule but I don't really care. I went in his room this morning to cut his light off and found two crumpled soda cans on the side of the desk. When I bent down to pick them up I got a good view of underneath his bed. There were several plates, a few bowls, and more soda cans. :facepalm: He said he wasn't doing the extra chores because the rule of no food in his room is wrong. :facepalm: I bit my tongue and told him to not talk to me right now and go to his room. He went. :laugh: Teenagers suck. :laugh: This had me a bit mad but I figured that wasn't going to change what he does so I decided to just let hubby handle it when he gets home tomorrow. He'll be thrilled. :lol: Now I'm on the couch with a good vape and a monster java. Mmmmm!

Now I'm thinking about leaving the kids here and going to get my nails done.

Last edited:

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Its that time again folks! Gonna go ahead and get outta this wonderful cave of wonders.

Since today is my Nana's birthday, I'm going to stop by her house on the way home and give her a hug. She told me years ago that I am to never buy her a gift of any sort. In her words "I've already got too much sh** laying around the house." Ah, the southern belle charm at it's finest!

After that, I'm going to go to the gym. Since I skipped Tuesday, I need to make up for it today.

Tomorrow, I get to rebuild the shelves Mrs E ripped off the wall last night in our closet. Somehow, she pulled the anchors out while taking something OFF the shelf. Thankfully, there are spare bits and pieces in the garage that I can use. After that's done, I think I might bust out the lawn mower and get the yard cut. Maybe. I was really hoping to enjoy a relaxing Saturday for the first time in a few months, but I doubt that will happen. Oh well. The joys of life.

FV, good luck on the website. I hope it all goes well.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and if I dont check in before it's over, I'll "see" you all Monday!!!

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Hubby cut grass earlier this week. I'd love to be able to get him a riding mower. Our grass grows really fast because the majority of the yard is weeds. Hubby has already killed 2 copperheads and a black one of some sort. i hate snakes. The copperhead I killed in the kitchen a couple of years ago has permanently scarred me.:laugh :

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Funny of the day....Morgan just came to me and said she tried one of the candy bars sitting on the shelf and that it gross and hard. She asked me what kind it was. It's a Bark Bar. It's dog treats wrapped like a candy bar but it says "Bark Bar" in big letters across the front. :lol:

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Funny of the day....Morgan just came to me and said she tried one of the candy bars sitting on the shelf and that it gross and hard. She asked me what kind it was. It's a Bark Bar. It's dog treats wrapped like a candy bar but it says "Bark Bar" in big letters across the front. :lol:
:lol:

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
That is freaking hilarious! :lol:

FV, glad to hear you're getting some help with the website today!

Amazon is the most awesomest!!!! I didn't think about it when I ordered the battery this morning, but I had ordered a couple other things before I went to bed last night. They combined them into one shipment, and it qualifies for "same day delivery" - it will all be here before 8pm tonight!!! :):):)

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
Liked it for hugging Nana, not for all the work.

Our front lawn could be cut and baled right now. And I'm not mowing it. I fail to see the point.

Reminds me of my one set of grandparents. they cut a path to the outhouse and under the wash lines. the grass weeds were taller than me.:lol: they were my uncivilized ones. As per my other grandparents.

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
Good late morning. Rat race is wild. I soo needed off today. Beagle girls been sick. Vet was at the shack last evening. She's was put on Rimidel and a anti inflammatory. That I'm still waiting on cvs to call and tell me it's filled. I know the one drug well. He didn't mention the big C but the drug told me as much.

Drott's dog shack on the move.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
I want to go camping. Whaaaaaa! :lol:
ZGo2u7tm.jpg

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Good late morning. Rat race is wild. I soo needed off today. Beagle girls been sick. Vet was at the shack last evening. She's was put on Rimidel and a anti inflammatory. That I'm still waiting on cvs to call and tell me it's filled. I know the one drug well. He didn't mention the big C but the drug told me as much.

Drott's dog shack on the move.

((((Drott)))) Hopefully it's not that and she will start to feel better with the meds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread