Status
Not open for further replies.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Lol, I'm sure I'll find a home for woody. With my very first online order I got a 10 pack of sanitary taster tips so I'm prepared if anyone notices my Tootle on its lanyard and expresses interest.:thumb:
I always have a taster tip handy...lol...

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
I started smoking at 14. Became a pack a day smoker fairly quickly. Two packs a day through college. I grew up with two parents who smoked (my mom quit when I was in high school) and my dad and younger brother both smoke still. This May I turned 28. It might not seem like a lot, but a few weeks before my birthday I had this realization. I had spent half of my LIFE smoking. Half of it. That hit me like a ton of bricks. In the meantime, my g/f is training for a triathlon and a PT test. I started training with her, it took one attempt at running 1.5 miles for me to stop and and start choking on myself. My lungs were ON FIRE. All I could think as I sat by the side of the track gasping for air was "I don't want to die this way. I don't want to die gasping for air."

That was the beginning of my journey. I had seen guys at work vaping, so the next day, I mustered all of my little introvert and social anxiety courage and asked them about it. I had used Blus and Njoys and Vuse cig-a-likes and I just kept going back to the analogs. What were these devices that made such awesome clouds, how had they done it, what was I missing? They pointed me in the direction of a vape shop and the rest is my current short history of vaping. I got a crap starter kit, I "upgraded" to an ego-c-twist and kanger evod2, and my new istick30w and nautilus just came yesterday.

I haven't had an analog in over a month and a half. (my starter pack died and I bought a pack while I waited for the B&M to open) I haven't craved one in months. In three months I've probably slipped up and smoked a grand total of 5-7 analogs. This journey has been life changing. I can run with my g/f. I can breath, and that will be the LAST birthday I question how long I've been smoking.

Last edited:

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I started smoking at 14. Became a pack a day smoker fairly quickly. Two packs a day through college. I grew up with two parents who smoked (my mom quit when I was in high school) and my dad and younger brother both smoke still. This May I turned 28. It might not seem like a lot, but a few weeks before my birthday I had this realization. I had spent half of my LIFE smoking. Half of it. That hit me like a ton of bricks. In the meantime, my g/f is training for a triathlon and a PT test for the FBI. I started training with her, it took one attempt at running 1.5 miles for me to stop and and start choking on myself. My lungs were ON FIRE. All I could think as I sat by the side of the track gasping for air was "I don't want to die this way. I don't want to die gasping for air."

That was the beginning of my journey. I had seen guys at work vaping, so the next day, I mustered all of my little introvert and social anxiety courage and asked them about it. I had used Blus and Njoys and Vuse cig-a-likes and I just kept going back to the analogs. What were these devices that made such awesome clouds, how had they done it, what was I missing? They pointed me in the direction of a vape shop and the rest is my current short history of vaping. I got a crap starter kit, I "upgraded" to an ego-c-twist and kanger evod2, and my new istick30w and nautilus just came yesterday.

I haven't had an analog in over a month and a half. (my starter pack died and I bought a pack while I waited for the B&M to open) I haven't craved one in months. In three months I've probably slipped up and smoked a grand total of 5-7 analogs. This journey has been life changing. I can run with my g/f. I can breath, and that will be the LAST birthday I question how long I've been smoking.
Congrats, and welcome to the rest of your life!

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I started smoking at 14. Became a pack a day smoker fairly quickly. Two packs a day through college. I grew up with two parents who smoked (my mom quit when I was in high school) and my dad and younger brother both smoke still. This May I turned 28. It might not seem like a lot, but a few weeks before my birthday I had this realization. I had spent half of my LIFE smoking. Half of it. That hit me like a ton of bricks. In the meantime, my g/f is training for a triathlon and a PT test. I started training with her, it took one attempt at running 1.5 miles for me to stop and and start choking on myself. My lungs were ON FIRE. All I could think as I sat by the side of the track gasping for air was "I don't want to die this way. I don't want to die gasping for air."

Congrats on your transition and with so much life left ahead of you! :thumbs:

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
Lol....I run a rehab center for unwanted/unloved/unused gear. I spiff them all up pretty, then send out to new smokers. Sheila ( my friend in MN was a recipient) got one set for starters, her BF tried it and liked it, and after his heart attack last week, he's started, too. I'm trying to "man up" a starter eVod set for him, too.
I wish I could start something like that, every starter kit Ive gifted Ive purchased and delivered/shipped. Thank god for online shopping or between my personal vape stuff, DIY stuff and gift sets Id be a broke(er) woman in a lot more trouble with hubby!!

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama

Congratulations on making the switch and reclaiming your LIFE! :banana: You get your health, your senses and your time with your gf AND there are amazing vapers all around if you need encouragement or advice. Thank you for joining us here and sharing your journey

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I wish I could start something like that, every starter kit Ive gifted Ive purchased and delivered/shipped. Thank god for online shopping or between my personal vape stuff, DIY stuff and gift sets Id be a broke(er) woman in a lot more trouble with hubby!!
Lol...I've been very lucky with a few friends here willing to gift out unused stuff. Most if it has come from ppl that won big in the 15mil contest. A lot of it comes to me well loved, and just needs a face lift or a coat of shiny before I pass it on. I have some batteries (650 and a few spinners) on the way, a few are earmarked for new homes already, but if you have a need for someone as a back up, let me know.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Time to wrap this one up, used random.org again this time getting a set of 3 numbers between 1 and 23 (number of posters in this thread not counting myself).

20, 4 and 10 were the results so this first one gets the Tootle Stealth Kit and the other two will get sumfin else ;) Counting down from the top of the list as it now stands

20 = rbeckys8
4 = Krisma
10 = lilblue

If you would each send me a PM with address information and for the two runner ups if you give me an idea of what you like to use day to day I will try to put together something just for you.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
CONGRATULATIONS

:rickroll: " @rbeckys8 " ~ " @Krisma " ~ " @liblue" :rickroll:

alegres0341.gif
dancing-with-joy-2.gif
wohoo.gif
1317407dirocruvm1.gif

AND - Once Again . . .

THANK YOU "IBTanked"/"OCD" . . .

For the contest and opportunity to enter . . .

huge-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon_zps0610e5ee.gif

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Time to wrap this one up, used random.org again this time getting a set of 3 numbers between 1 and 23 (number of posters in this thread not counting myself).

20, 4 and 10 were the results so this first one gets the Tootle Stealth Kit and the other two will get sumfin else ;) Counting down from the top of the list as it now stands

20 = rbeckys8
4 = Krisma
10 = lilblue

If you would each send me a PM with address information and for the two runner ups if you give me an idea of what you like to use day to day I will try to put together something just for you.
Congrats to @rbeckys8 , @Krisma and @liblue1

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
that's fantastic..our friend just died from COPD..smoked too much... so this kit is going to go to a smoker...maybe we can all help someone..some way!...it's so easy to quit if you want to bad enough!!
I'm so sorry about your friend....that's heartbreaking. Anyone I can help switch...I'll help one way or another.

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
Congrats our new winners!!

You guys feel free to use this forum as you like, nice to see the activity down here and we are the OG Tootlers.
thanks again for the contest and the place to share
that's fantastic..our friend just died from COPD..smoked too much... so this kit is going to go to a smoker...maybe we can all help someone..some way!...it's so easy to quit if you want to bad enough!!
IM sorry to hear about your friend, that is tragic to say the least. I am so glad youll be able to help someone

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
Lol...I've been very lucky with a few friends here willing to gift out unused stuff. Most if it has come from ppl that won big in the 15mil contest. A lot of it comes to me well loved, and just needs a face lift or a coat of shiny before I pass it on. I have some batteries (650 and a few spinners) on the way, a few are earmarked for new homes already, but if you have a need for someone as a back up, let me know.
thank you hon that's very kind of you. Once I get back to Alabama I actually may need to take you up on that-bringing my daughter on my latest trip has been wonderful but expensive and my adopted son has decided to make the switch now that he has a daughter of his own. Ill PM you after I talk to hubby about the whole situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread