Status
Not open for further replies.

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
Growing up watching TV it apparently was the thing that most people in the USA when they retire move to Florida.
Was this ever true and if so does it still happen ?

As long as the younger generation continues to pay for it, almost anything goes after retirement. I've been retired for 12 years and love every minute of it.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
We're on the road. Doree is driving right now. Doree's brother called. Mom doesn't have a UTI and seems to be sliding downhill fairly quickly. Don't know if she is going to make it. She has a do not resuscitate order and it's not totally unexpected. Doree is handling it fairly well. She says her mother wouldn't consider this a life. Doree is a strong woman or she hides it well,.
We are in South Carolina and the GPS says we have about 8 hours more to go so with stopping for dinner it will probably be around midnight when we get there.
Thanks for all your support.
Iffy, I left the paper with Susan's address and the amount home. Can you please shoot me a PM with the info. Thanks.
Hang in there Matt (and Doree). Prayers being said.....

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Well I thought I would check in. Anyone who doesn't believe in Global Warming is either blind or crazy. We are having 90+ every day for 5 days or more. No one has AC we can't run ours because

Well Matt hope you made it. Big Seafair weekend here so not a good weekend to drive any where around Seattle. Freeway closures for the TBirds or Blue Angels not sure which plus the Hydro race. I'll bet there will be some heat strokes down at

That'll be the Blue Angels :)

And yep, breaking records every day now.... and not in a good way. Hottest July since they started keeping records in the late 1800s.... along with the highest low temps.

We're on the road. Doree is driving right now. Doree's brother called. Mom doesn't have a UTI and seems to be sliding downhill fairly quickly. Don't know if she is going to make it. She has a do not resuscitate order and it's not totally unexpected. Doree is handling it fairly well. She says her mother wouldn't consider this a life. Doree is a strong woman or she hides it well,.

Dang, Matt... and I'll bet Doree is both. Thought and prayers for you and yours.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Well I thought I would check in. Anyone who doesn't believe in Global Warming is either blind or crazy. We are having 90+ every day for 5 days or more. No one has AC we can't run ours because we don't have a good enough electric hookup. Breaking records here but these are not records set all in the same year but records of different years. It never stays hot here before. Sure they have a hot day in 58 or 55 but not continuous. I'm not supposed to be in the heat so it is making me feel really sh!tty. Also makes me very nasty and grumpy. It cools off at night but can't get out of it in the day.
Well Matt hope you made it. Big Seafair weekend here so not a good weekend to drive any where around Seattle. Freeway closures for the TBirds or Blue Angels not sure which plus the Hydro race. I'll bet there will be some heat strokes down at Lake WA where the big event is. There are so many people here it is crazy anymore. Lived here most of my life but moved away 17 years ago. Was watching the news last night and the average speed on the freeway was between 12 and 20mph. I wonder how that is in a car with no AC. I'm sure it causes a few irate people. Hope everything is going good for you Teresa. I know those first 6 months are a lady dog.
We hit 110 today & are under a heat advisory. [emoji26]

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
Yikes!!! Thank goodness for sea breezes. We're 82 degrees right now.
toohot_zpsv8k6gce3.gif

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Naw, its not that Gracie - it is just we have our clocks set right... :D

Clocks? Don't need no stinkin' clocks/calendars, 'cept fer medical appointments and an Odyssey or two...

Doree is handling it fairly well.

So glad you're there with and for her!

We are in South Carolina and the GPS says we have about 8 hours more to go so with stopping for dinner it will probably be around midnight when we get there.

Please, don't press too hard!

Iffy, I left the paper with Susan's address and the amount home. Can you please shoot me a PM with the info. Thanks.

Matt, my bud, relax! We're not sure what da final amount is at da moment. I'll send ya Susan's info once da 'shares' are determined. Just focus on your bride and da yellow stripes! God's speed...

A temperature of 163 degrees was recorded in an Iraqi city today.:shock:

Do believe dat dat was da 'feel like' temp. Was discussed on da WeatherUnderground. Regardless, dat's still helliously hot!

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Are you ready for FLORIDA?
28_1_15_zpsoyb44rwx.gif

28_1_7v_zpsp9ffysjv.gif

The organization committee has organized.

Confirmation has been been received!

We have a house!!!

It has a tiki bar!!!
mBIyL7rAOx2ZiT-ve_xLcwA.jpg

We have a boat!!!
speedboat-smiley-emoticon_zpsdupcyg5a.gif

images_zpsdmstxmen.jpg

:rickroll::banana::rickroll::banana::rickroll::banana::rickroll:
I want to say thank you to Uncle Willie, who set the ball in motion, and all of the many others who kept the ball in the air until we scored.
It is going to be great fun getting together and spending time each other.​

We Got 'er Done !!!

Cats have been herded.......goats been roped... and turtles pointed in the right direction !!!

All the ducks are lined up in a row and ready to march !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread