The Billow v2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcmcphail

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2014
Virginia Beach, Va
My first favorite build on it was 26g N80/36g KA1. I recently made the decision to no longer use Nichrome and only use Kanthal so I now use 26g KA1/36g KA1 5 wraps on a 2.4 mm (2.0mm?) ID that comes out to high 0.2s to 0.3 ohms. Now I say 2.4 or 2.0 because I have 2 different sets of precision screwdrivers from Amazon that don't match lol. It's either 2.4 or 2.0 mm but on the Stanley set it looks closer to 2.0 mm. Right now I'm trying tiger coils in one of my B2s and it doesn't seem to wick as well as the claptons. Now I know that's most probably my wicking job but I've been doing it the same way for weeks. I don't know what's going on. I just know that 26/36 claptons in my Billow 2 has truly made me leave my drippers at home. I am so thoroughly satisfied with the focused wet vape that I get from claptons in my B2 that sometimes when I go to my fused claptons in my drippers it feels too airy. You know as I'm typing this I'm vaping on the tiger coil build and it's not too shabby at all lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why no Nichrome?

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Why no Nichrome?
Well I've been reading up lately on what we know about the possible health effects on the wire we use. I mean there are groups for an against every single wire we use so you just have to do as much research as you can and decide your own level of risk you're comfortable with. I decided I want to stay away from nickel completely. It's a noted carcinogen. Nichrome 80 is 80 percent nickel and without even temperature control, I don't personally feel safe using it. I know chromium is supposed to help give it anti-corrosive properties but when we dry burn it to work out the hot spots (as you always have to do with claptons and the like) it changes colors and who knows what leeches out and what is left exposed on the outer layer. I've seen metallurgists comment on this forum that the alumina oxide layer that forms on Kanthal is good for the coil and protects from further oxidation. But I haven't got an answer on whether it's a good thing for Nichrome.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
just picked one up and am loving my billow v2 so far. Good flavor, i just wish it had a little more airflow.
I like my tanks like i like my women... loose.
Have you used any tanks that have more airflow?

When I first got mine, having come straight from only using drippers for a while, I too wished that it had more airflow. In the month or so that I've had it I've grown to love the airflow that it has full open. Try lifting your coils higher from the air slots.

Btw I'm asking about other tanks with more airflow just because I'm curious.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Imo, ud zephyrus and aromamizer rdta has more airflow

If you are coming from dripper, I would lean more towards aromamizer rdta. There's a thread about the tank.
I would only like more airflow if it didn't sacrifice flavor. If there's some tank with the same or better level of flavor out there and more airflow, then I would be interested in it for the future. The Billow 2 is the perfect tank for me right now. The only things I could really ask for are top fill and maybe a two post deck.

On a side note I was thinking the other day about why the Billow 2 might have better flavor than other tanks and I think it may have to do with the fact that the shortened chimney doesn't just keep the height down while maintaining capacity, it probably leads to better flavor as well.

m00shie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Malaysia
Have a look at this thread: Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave | E-Cigarette Forum

I would recommend aromamizer rdta as it has your 'dripper-like' airflow l but it would be best to wait a bit more for them to release the velocity styled coil deck. People have commented that the flavor is great for the tank but would require some tweaking on the coil position and not using the stock drip tip.

So far, the Billow v2 is the best flavored tank I have in my possession. My aromamizer should arrive next week (fingers crossed) and I will give u a personal comparison between both tanks. Reason for the change is that I'm using max vg most of the time and my wicking skills are very inconsistent. The Billow is fairly easy to wick (compared to zephyrus) that can accept max vg but the wicking method in the aromamizer is a no brainer which I love very much.

Sadly, I do miss the top/side fill methods from the Lemo and zephyrus but that's a minor drawback for me. Good thing is that I do not need to drain the liquid when rebuilding.

Last edited:

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Have a look at this thread: Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave | E-Cigarette Forum

I would recommend aromamizer rdta as it has your 'dripper-like' airflow l but it would be best to wait a bit more for them to release the velocity styled coil deck. People have commented that the flavor is great for the tank but would require some tweaking on the coil position and not using the stock drip tip.

So far, the Billow v2 is the best flavored tank I have in my possession. My aromamizer should arrive next week (fingers crossed) and I will give u a personal comparison between both tanks. Reason for the change is that I'm using max vg most of the time and my wicking skills are very inconsistent. The Billow is fairly easy to wick (compared to zephyrus) that can accept max vg but the wicking method in the aromamizer is a no brainer which I love very much.

Sadly, I do miss the top/side fill methods from the Lemo and zephyrus but that's a minor drawback for me. Good thing is that I do not need to drain the liquid when rebuilding.
Hmm. Saw a review on it. I like that splash back protection drip tip :/. I also wish you could close off the two indirect airholes but the design is intriguing.

jcmcphail

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2014
Virginia Beach, Va
No. The actual aromamizer rdta. I couldn't find a store that sold it on the first page of Google search.

jj I ordered two yesterday as soon as I watched review. I'm a tank kind of guy, design looks quite interesting, curious if it will cause me to store my B2's in the drawer with Kayfuns, Lemos, Lemo Drops and Lemo 2s. It will have to go a long way to beat the B2 in flavor.
I also saw a drawing of this aromamizer rdta with 2 post design like the Velocity rda, now that would be nice.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
jj I ordered two yesterday as soon as I watched review. I'm a tank kind of guy, design looks quite interesting, curious if it will cause me to store my B2's in the drawer with Kayfuns, Lemos, Lemo Drops and Lemo 2s. It will have to go a long way to beat the B2 in flavor.
I also saw a drawing of this aromamizer rdta with 2 post design like the Velocity rda, now that would be nice.
Yeah. I definitely want to get one one day. It seems it would have good flavor but I'm curious if the indirect airflow takes away from what the flavor could be.

kenny7715

Mar 22, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Has anyone having leak issue with this tank ? Unfortunately , mine start to leak from the airflow , couldn't find the root of this problem , changed all the rings , cleaned it , I've bought a new tank and still this problem . I am vaping at .5 30w 3.9v and every time I adjust the airflow , juice leak and sometimes , I can blow the entire tank of juice out of the airflow .

It just leak like a muthafxxxx, when I lay it down it leaks , when I blow it leaks , when I let it stand it leaks , just leakkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Has anyone having leak issue with this tank ? Unfortunately , mine start to leak from the airflow , couldn't find the root of this problem , changed all the rings , cleaned it , I've bought a new tank and still this problem . I am vaping at .5 30w 3.9v and every time I adjust the airflow , juice leak and sometimes , I can blow the entire tank of juice out of the airflow .

It just leak like a muthafxxxx, when I lay it down it leaks , when I blow it leaks , when I let it stand it leaks , just leakkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!

How are you wicking it? When I first got mine I had a bad leak during one fill but I'm convinced it was because I wicked it badly. Haven't had a problem since besides normal condensation in the airflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread