Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
image_zpsvvlowoqt.jpg

so sweet. I am trying to resist getting a GT2 authentic just to sit it on this mod. The clone I have is great but its just not the same...The 2380 is why I went for the 23mm tilemahos instead of the 22...lol!!

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
So i now have a 2380 and 2380-T. I knew the differences between the tubes but did not know the difference on the end caps. On the 2380, the end cap is one-piece with the 18350 tube and has a spring at the bottom. On the 2380-T the end cap, just the 23mm section, unscrews and there is no spring. Both seem to function the same and work fine just thought i would mentioned it since i don't remember reading about this here or on any website selling them.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
Hi, after some advice please. Got a 2380T but can't seem to get the tubes right to use an 1850. I have the telescopic tube plus 3 different size tubes.

I think you can take the tele tube section out completely and just use the medium size tube. I've only used my 2380T in 18350 mode and I don't have it on me at the moment to check.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Got my Dicodes 2380 (non-tele, but with the T tube) and am happy to say that it took me just a few minutes to get it vaping (dual 18650) in standard mode. I didn't even read the manual yet. I know the rest will be trickier (I am now reading the manual), but I will get caught up with the thread and get up to speed. I am a bit amazed how there is so much to the menu but it is actually user-friendly, or at least much more user-friendly than I thought it would be.

Now, Using this light saber is kinda weird, but I am in the comfort of my own home. So be it! I'll dive in to the deeper experience later.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Note: I just read some of the last few posts on the previous page and I do want to say that my comments about the menu had nothing to do with the previous discussion. I was really just happy that it wasn't what I thought it was going to be after taking a glance at the manual. I don't know, it kinda just made sense on how to get it to vape (although just in standard mode).

Anywho...back to reading the thread. Thanks, guys, for all the info.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Hi, after some advice please. Got a 2380T but can't seem to get the tubes right to use an 18650. I have the telescopic tube plus 3 different size tubes.
Telescoping tube with smallest tube on top (so the small tube is in the middle when they are all together, and the bottom cap threads onto tele tube)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

archimede

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
Turkey
I have really enjoyed my tube mods before i started to use box mods because of temp control devices. Now dicodes made one to be used in temp control mode and there is a point that i wonder before i purchase a dani extreme v2. On the manual it says that the dicodes electronic is able to deliver 15 Amps output. So i build my nickel coils about 0.09-0.10 ohms. With that resistence the power delivered in watts can be maximum of about 20 watts to the coil because of the 15 Amp limit. At what resistance ranges you use dicodes? And would 20 watts be enough for a 0.09 ohm nickel build? I have been using SX Mini for a while and do not know about the watt numbers because SXM shows the joules only in temp mode.

Reactions: dems86

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
I have really enjoyed my tube mods before i started to use box mods because of temp control devices. Now dicodes made one to be used in temp control mode and there is a point that i wonder before i purchase a dani extreme v2. On the manual it says that the dicodes electronic is able to deliver 15 Amps output. So i build my nickel coils about 0.09-0.10 ohms. With that resistence the power delivered in watts can be maximum of about 20 watts to the coil because of the 15 Amp limit. At what resistance ranges you use dicodes? And would 20 watts be enough for a 0.09 ohm nickel build? I have been using SX Mini for a while and do not know about the watt numbers because SXM shows the joules only in temp mode.
Paging TheBloke, he is the TC wizard round these parts.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
You need to factor in the fact that the resistance increases as you apply the power!!! So these straight Ohms Law calculations dont really work with TC. You can probably use all of the 40W even with builds of that resistance.In any case, it will only need all the power to get to temp and then will throttle back to keep it there!!

Reactions: archimede
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread