Status
Not open for further replies.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
My daughter and 18 month old grand daughter live with my wife and I. At this age, they have no fear, and are into anything and everything they can reach... and they know how to use chairs and things to reach counters and even shelves and cabinets.

I wouldn't worry about second hand vapor, unless - perhaps - it's high nicotine content and you're in a small, closed space. There are plenty of studies that have dispelled the notion of second hand vapor being dangerous. Annoying perhaps to non-vapers, but not particularly dangerous.

I'd be concerned about access to e-liquid, again, especially if it's a high nicotine content and/or has a pleasant smell and taste. Things like batteries, resistant wire, wicking materials.... basically anything that they can reach and put in their mouths... could be bad news.

Congrats on the little, new SOS.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
time to start building the Vape Cave :party:

Pretty much this. While I personally believe that vaping is far safer than smoking, I would still keep it as far away from my newborn as possible. But I don't mean vape in another area code either, another room should be plenty of space to be safe. But I'm no expert just my :2c:.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Mrs. SOS has expressed some concerns about me vaping with a pregnant woman/ little one in the house. I'm looking for some information that might put her mind at ease, or if her concerns are valid I want to know that too.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

You can be happy or you can be right.

Build
the
cave.

cheers
I

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Congratulations!!!!!! The only thing I can think of is the smell of your vapor may cause a bit of nausea during morning sickness but other than that I see no problem. I was born during the time when smoking was allowed even in the delivery room and ladies smoked all during their pregnancy. :shock: Personally I think babies were born healthier back then than they are now. Not saying smoking had anything to do with the healthier babies but am saying that it didn't cause harm either. JMHO

I know younger folks have been told and have been convinced that what I am saying is blasphemy but most in my generation, I think, will agree with me.

soysos

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2013
United States
Congratulations!!!!!! The only thing I can think of is the smell of your vapor may cause a bit of nausea during morning sickness but other than that I see no problem. I was born during the time when smoking was allowed even in the delivery room and ladies smoked all during their pregnancy. :shock: Personally I think babies were born healthier back then than they are now. Not saying smoking had anything to do with the healthier babies but am saying that it didn't cause harm either. JMHO

I know younger folks have been told and have been convinced that what I am saying is blasphemy but most in my generation, I think, will agree with me.
Little known fact about nicotine it's actually a vital nutrient for the development of nerve tissue. It's so similar chemically to vitamin B3 that it's impossible to ingest one without the other.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mattiem

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014

Agreed.

And where are my manners, Congratulations!!!!

635445341436262121excellent.gif

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Absent no long-term studies on the effect of vapor on pregant women, or more importantly, INFANT lungs, eyes, skin, etc.........I would certainly err on the conservative side.

I would be less concerned vaping around wife, but an infant....well, I can't really support that. I don't know what the indoor air quality of vaping does on INFANT lungs and even eye and nose membranes, etc. I know I wouldn't even "go there" if it was my new baby. :)

I would vape in other rooms or well ventilated rooms once baby comes and not in the actual nursery, etc.

We just don't know for SURE!

Congrats though!!!!

officer196

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Ft. Worth, TX
First and foremost, congratulations my friend. We actually just had our first. She is seven weeks old as of last Wednesday. My wife actually had the same concerns as your significant other. So as others have suggested, I just walk into my office, take a few puffs and get back at it. Is it a pain, yea it can be. I miss the days of being in my recliner, playing xbox and vaping away, but to me it's worth it for 2 reasons.

1. At the end of the day, even with initial studies indicating vape is mostly safe, I don't want to risk it in the long term. This gives me peace of mind.
2. A happy wife is happy life. I want her to still be ok with my vaping, and this measure makes her happy.

In the end, when I do get an occasional trip to the vape shop, it's just that much more enjoyable as I can vape my heart out and socialize so I tend to appreciate it more.

Anyway, again congrats. You didn't say if this was your first or not, but if it is, get ready for a great adventure. I'll keep you and Ms. Sos in my thoughts.

Reactions: ReigntheGamer

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Personal Space, right to privacy and respect of others.
The Cave, or another room should be a safe responsible action.
More concerned about proper management of all vaping related items.
Time for a nice safe, maybe lockable, storage system.

3 Grandchildren in my home. All of age to understand 100%, don't touch my stuff.:D

Girod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Austin, TX
I have a 23 month old and a 4 week old. I only vape in my office, the bathroom with the fan on or outside. I actually bought a HEPA air purifier for my office so my clouds would stay at a minimum and not drift down the hallway. It works pretty well, but sounds like a jet taking off when it is on high.

I agree with err on the side of caution.

Reactions: WillyZee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread