Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Thanks for the kind Vaperversary wishes. I share in the delight of everyone who has found a way to disengage from analogs. Woo Hoo!

Just finished an email to two of my docs, and my dentist. Each asked if I would provide them with some scientific data on vaping; all want to recommend vaping to patients as a THR method, but want to be better informed beforehand. I am over the moon!

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Happy Friday All! Tootle Puffing my P3 and back to the Russian with Fire and Ice for this not yet, but will be rainy day in Tampa. At least it's Friday! Woo Hoo!

And congrats again to you my friend, LB! It's also great your doctors asked you for information about vaping as a smoke cessation method!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
And here comes yet ANOTHER thread/group!

KAT! What you've done can no longer be undone. I hope you're satisfied.

Kat has the best of intentions. :wub: Some things go beyond her control. That is the way of the world ;)

None of it really matters. We're all vapers.
<snip>

It was SUPPOSED TO BE FUN. Just freaking VAPE, people; and ADVOCATE. STOP fighting among ourselves, and START fighting the fights that count. Forces are working hard to tear this whole thing down, and we're arguing about whether we puff, womp, chase, or WHATEVER????

<snip>

Please....
<removed references that were addressed in posts further down and I didn't want to have this huge long quote chain going on so I am keeping these in here so I don't look like a total dufus>

I think bottom line is that we all (or most of us) really feel the same way. We don't want vaping to go away. We all love vaping. Most like to have fun on the internet.

Thanks for the kind Vaperversary wishes. I share in the delight of everyone who has found a way to disengage from analogs. Woo Hoo!

Just finished an email to two of my docs, and my dentist. Each asked if I would provide them with some scientific data on vaping; all want to recommend vaping to patients as a THR method, but want to be better informed beforehand. I am over the moon!

Happy Vaperversary!!!!!! What a great way to celebrate! :D Fantastic!!!

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Miks Indrasis (Islanders).

They used to play on Long Island.

Now they play in Brooklyn.

They should consider changing their name.
Hmm, yes, he was on the Islanders camp in the beginning of July, but on July 23rd Dinamo Riga, KHL, announced, that they prolonged his contract for 2 more seasons.

R

*via Tapatalk

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Hmm, yes, he was on the Islanders camp in the beginning of July, but on July 23rd Dinamo Riga, KHL, announced, that they prolonged his contract for 2 more seasons.

R

*via Tapatalk

I guess he didn't like Brooklyn, huh? Oh well, he's not the first...

Sorry, Ping. The Inlanders are one Latvian short. That would be they're short the short Latvian, of course.

The tall one is staying in Manhattan. For sure.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I've been keeping up with the 5P thread. It's pretty amazing and much of it goes way over my pea-sized brain, but one thing stands out. There are some who have a real burr up their .... and if this was the 1600's, they'd take the guys from 5P and tie them to a wooden post, with brush underneath and set them on fire (ala Salem Witch Trials). I'm personally not too bothered about the controversy as I'm quite confident anything in their juices have to be SO much better for me than the chemicals in cigarettes. The fact they've shown the willingness to come before an audience such as ECF and take the heat they're getting over there makes me believe they are pretty good guys. If I liked the taste of their juice, I'd go out tomorrow and buy some, just to show some support. But alas, I didn't really like their flavors.

karlmetz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2014
NW Florida
I've been keeping up with the 5P thread. It's pretty amazing and much of it goes way over my pea-sized brain, but one thing stands out. There are some who have a real burr up their .... and if this was the 1600's, they'd take the guys from 5P and tie them to a wooden post, with brush underneath and set them on fire (ala Salem Witch Trials). I'm personally not too bothered about the controversy as I'm quite confident anything in their juices have to be SO much better for me than the chemicals in cigarettes. The fact they've shown the willingness to come before an audience such as ECF and take the heat they're getting over there makes me believe they are pretty good guys. If I liked the taste of their juice, I'd go out tomorrow and buy some, just to show some support. But alas, I didn't really like their flavors.

I happen to really like their Castle Long Reserve...have a couple of bottles set aside, but now having second thoughts...but I, too, have been following the thread and agree with you that the conversation is 'spirited'. The comments regarding the lack of standardization in testing is concerning to me...makes me wonder about my favorite flavors: Texas Select Pearlizing Peach and 6th Street Tobacco...I vape as a 'Tootle Puffer' (TY, just learned what I was) quite a bit, coming up on my second 'analog free' anniversary. I started vaping to quit a 50 year habit and haven't looked back! Would hate to find out I went from the frying pan into the fire. Nonetheless, following this thread has been a literary pleasure and would love to meet each of the contributors in person...almost feel like I know all of you. Many of you should be authors!

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
I'm following as well, Sir Rod, and am getting annoyed. I don't recall that the thread is titled, "Bash Five Pawns." While I appreciate that folks have strong feelings about 5P, both positive and negative, I don't understand what people are after. It is naive to think that 5P will say their intentions were other than honorable (and I don't think they were other than honorable). It is equally naive to think that 5P is in business solely for altruistic purposes. So what's the point?! I'd kind of like to know what their plans are, how they interact with the scientific community,what they think of deeming regs, etc. I'm not in the least interested in a continuing rehash of the C9 v 5P debacle.

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
I don't know anything about 5 Pawns, but this controversy did make me search out their website today and look at their products, which are priced high as far as e-juices go. Now I am considering buying some to see what the fuss is all about. The point being, that even negative publicity can be better than no publicity at all.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I don't know anything about 5 Pawns, but this controversy did make me search out their website today and look at their products, which are priced high as far as e-juices go. Now I am considering buying some to see what the fuss is all about. The point being, that even negative publicity can be better than no publicity at all.
True dat!

I'm more bothered by their high prices than the accusations hurled by C9. No juice is worth anywhere near what they charge. I've sampled hundreds of juices and I'm positive none of theirs can surpass what I vape for half or less than what they charge. But if they can make a business out of that price schedule, more power to them. I'll pass.

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
PS Keep it there, Don't bring it here, We don't need the stress in two places, K?!?

Quote regarding AstroTurf's excellent advice regarding the Five Pawns thread. If you have something to say, say it there. Don't make comments that might start a debate here. My additional 2c (guess that makes 4c). Biting my tongue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread