Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
NN's joose is VERY clean. I've tried five premixed/flavored from them, two are now ADV's that I buy 1000mls of at a time, next order a third will also get ordered in 1000ml quantity. They are all 100% VG, no PG. Never tried their unflavored, have no plans to.
Their nic is awesome. Clean is the right word. Not a fan of the mayan mocha at all (unless it needs to steep, I'll try later on). I'm not a VG fan, so I got their flavoring and mixed it at my preferred ratio. I am stunned by their nic though...my other flavorings taste 100% better in this than mfs, which is a terrible nic base imho. If NN is clean, mfs is dirty. It all depends on what people like of course - superx loves mfs nic, but he smoked marlboro lights and it's a dead ringer so that makes perfect sense. I smoked roll-your-own locally grown tobacco for most of my smoking life. Even as a smoker I'd gag over pre-rolled cigs. Hence my hunt for clean nic. :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Their nic is awesome. Clean is the right word. Not a fan of the mayan mocha at all (unless it needs to steep, I'll try later on). I'm not a VG fan, so I got their flavoring and mixed it at my preferred ratio. I am stunned by their nic though...my other flavorings taste 100% better in this than mfs, which is a terrible nic base imho. If NN is clean, mfs is dirty. It all depends on what people like of course - superx loves mfs nic, but he smoked marlboro lights and it's a dead ringer so that makes perfect sense. I smoked roll-your-own locally grown tobacco for most of my smoking life. Even as a smoker I'd gag over pre-rolled cigs. Hence my hunt for clean nic. :)

Lol, yes I am the dirty nic type :). I like my nic to have an ashtray like scent to it. It is damn excellent emulation of the OTC cigs I smoked most of my life. I've never tried the NN variety though and if they / I are still around when my stash starts to get low I'll prolly maybe still not try it. I'll stay dirty with my juice :) filthy nic FTW :) :) :)

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida

Interesting. I shall have to try NN nic. I've been using either MFS or Wizard Labs nic for a long time. Good to have another source to try.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Lol, yes I am the dirty nic type :). I like my nic to have an ashtray like scent to it. It is damn excellent emulation of the OTC cigs I smoked most of my life. I've never tried the NN variety though and if they / I are still around when my stash starts to get low I'll prolly maybe still not try it. I'll stay dirty with my juice :) filthy nic FTW :) :) :)
LOL...power to you dude. :) I'd be happy to send you the 100mg MFS I have. I'll never touch it again unless at gun point.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Interesting. I shall have to try NN nic. I've been using either MFS or Wizard Labs nic for a long time. Good to have another source to try.
I've researched a lot (ie tons of forum surfing really) and word on the streets is Vaperstek is even better than NN. I'll know soon as I have some VT on the way and I'll post my thoughts here. The two of them are pretty much at the top from what I can tell, in terms of ACTUALLY being flavorless.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I've researched a lot (ie tons of forum surfing really) and word on the streets is Vaperstek is even better than NN. I'll know soon as I have some VT on the way and I'll post my thoughts here. The two of them are pretty much at the top from what I can tell, in terms of ACTUALLY being flavorless.

I haven't researched it in a while. I did, back when I started mixing, which was over 4 years ago. But it's one of those things I haven't kept up with lately. There are several more sources than there were when I started.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

Jake goes to great pains to thoroughly test/certify all his ingredients/liquids, process them correctly, and it shows. They recently moved into a new bigger facility, so I expect to see some new great things from them. He is also not a greedy person like most eliquid MFG's are. Want a 55 gallon drum of eliquid, he'll supply it and for a highly discounted price. The only flaw I hope the new facility/more employees will fix is sometimes they are slow to get back to customer email, impossible to get on the phone. A personal one since I mostly don't bother with DIY anymore... they don't have very many premades I even want to try (the preferred flavor list for me is a very short one). I don't do fruits, bakery, candy, mostly not deserts either, and that's what most of their currant ones are.

Mayan Mocha is OK, but will not be an ADV for me. Toranado Chai Latte, Patchouli Vanilla (stand alone and as a mixer) and Coffee Creme (with some Kona doctoring) are. OMFG It's Chocolate is not for me (I already knew it wouldn't be, but tried some anyway).

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
There's a blind taste test that includes both NN and VT (as well as two others) in the process of being conducted in the big Nicotine Comparisons thread. There are ~10 participants, but results are not in yet.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
There's a blind taste test that includes both NN and VT (as well as two others) in the process of being conducted in the big Nicotine Comparisons thread. There are ~10 participants, but results are not in yet.
I know about that actually, but since I've got NN and VT on the way I'll be my own judge :) cool thread/test though.

Spydro I should've known I woudn't like mayan mocha, because of the cinnamon/spice stuff going on. I hate those kind of notes in vapor, in fact I all but hate cinnamon in any application. BUT, the liquid is well crafted, can tell that even fresh.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I really like the VT nic, but it's pricey! I only bought 120ml to try it and it is super clean, my usual nic is NN. I also got some MFS and like to vape that nic without any added flavor.

VT has some "throat hit" nic that is another great tasting nic and it is only like 45$ a liter. I guess I'm not really too picky about the nic base, and when I do add flavoring, it's 99% of the time a tobacco flavor.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I'll stay dirty with my juice :) filthy nic FTW :):):)
I'm not really too picky about the nic base, and when I do add flavoring, it's 99% of the time a tobacco flavor.
Being involved in the nic comparison mentioned above, and thereby vaping all four samples unflavored recently, I'm coming to the conclusion that clean, flavorless nic is not probably not particularly desirable for folks who vape unflavored, and certainly wouldn't be necessary for tobacco flavors. OTOH, if you vape a lot of fruit flavors at low flavor concentrations but relatively high nic levels like I do, then you might just want the cleanest nic possible for that.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Props Rossum. That's a heck of a test you have spearheaded. I am wondering why no MFS or WL nic is being tested ? Perhaps I missed it I just skimmed the initial few pages then went to the end and have started to work my way backwards.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I am wondering why no MFS or WL nic is being tested ?
Well, the original idea was to compare the nics that had a reputation of being the cleanest available. MFS has never really had that reputation. WL once had that fabled "Ice" nic, but it seems the stuff they currently sell doesn't impress those looking for clean either. However, I think there are some people who are planning to provide feedback comparing these samples to other nics they have in their own stock.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Well, the original idea was to compare the nics that had a reputation of being the cleanest available. MFS has never really had that reputation. WL once had that fabled "Ice" nic, but it seems the stuff they currently sell doesn't impress those looking for clean either. However, I think there are some people who are planning to provide feedback comparing these samples to other nics they have in their own stock.
Nice work man. I totally get it.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Indicative of nothing...and totally worthless information.....but MFS is my favorite nic juice, and what I have a freezer full of.....

I've got probably 2500 ml of MFS nic in my freezer, myself. At the rate Ms Rule and I use it, there's several years worth in there. I may have to secretly back off her juice from the 15mg she currently vapes.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I've got probably 2500 ml of MFS nic in my freezer, myself. At the rate Ms Rule and I use it, there's several years worth in there. I may have to secretly back off her juice from the 15mg she currently vapes.
Happy wife, happy life. Buy more nic. :D

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Indicative of nothing...and totally worthless information.....but MFS is my favorite nic juice, and what I have a freezer full of.....

He'll yeah. My type of woman right there. We be mr and mrs dirty nic freaks :).
On a side note: who else is gonna sell ya 200mg? MFS. Yep. I got me a liter of it jammed in there with a few liters of 100mg.

Reactions: JC Okie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread