The Poldiac Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Are you refereeing to the ([HASHTAG]#000473[/HASHTAG]) listed on your invoice? And if so, how do you know that it is supposed to be the serial number? I can see why one would think it is but has it been confirmed that the number is supposed to be the serial number?

Well, the way the invoice is presented would seem to indicate that it is in fact the serial number of the device, but after all this I'm having to realize the number might in fact be meaningless. It's not anywhere on the device itself, and so I think I have a question for MMV. My other two Poldiacs do have serial numbers on the bottom caps, but those might mean nothing as well. At this point I'm far from certain.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
No it doesn't. 000473 is my Aname Sleek number also. So it's probably the part number.

Oh great... So it would seem we have no means of proving the authenticity of our Poldiacs, other than the workmanship apparent in them. When one pays good money for an authentic mod one would like to be able to show that it is in fact an authentic. I do indeed have questions for MMV.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
They can accept a reality check.

I really don't think it would serve us to communicate such as that. Nor do I imagine that the good people of MMV would be at all helped by it. I think it best to stand by and await the outworking of events there in Greece and word from MMV in response to delicate inquiries.
My contact:
Please survive the economic turmoil in Greece.
This will be my 2nd Poldiac & 3rd Greek mod, & I couldn’t be more satisfied with the quality.
Greece still has a lot to offer the world.

Dear Kent,
Thank you for your kind words. I think we will be ok, we just have to move to a smaller building now so we have the discount on all our products to reduce the stock....

Kind Regards,
Miriam with the Hat

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
Well, the way the invoice is presented would seem to indicate that it is in fact the serial number of the device, but after all this I'm having to realize the number might in fact be meaningless. It's not anywhere on the device itself, and so I think I have a question for MMV. My other two Poldiacs do have serial numbers on the bottom caps, but those might mean nothing as well. At this point I'm far from certain.

I agree, the way the invoice is presented one could easily think that the number is the serial number of the device ordered. I don't know where the serial number is supposed to be in the Aname sleek, I've never seen a sleek in person and I only own classics. On my classics, the serial number is bottom cap.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I agree, the way the invoice is presented one could easily think that the number is the serial number of the device ordered. I don't know where the serial number is supposed to be in the Aname sleek, I've never seen a sleek in person and I only own classics. On my classics, the serial number is bottom cap.

Yes, that's where it is on my two Classics, but not on my Sleek. So I for one would like to find out why there is no serial number on the Sleek models. There must be a good reason. I was intending to buy another Sleek, but now I don't think so, at least not until this matter is cleared up.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
I'm wondering If we could get anyone that has a clone to tear one down and take pics. I'd like to be able to recognize one for future reference. Is there more than one manufacturer that makes the clones?

None of the clones come with peek insulators so that's one very easy way to tell. Of course, that only pertains to the more recent authentics when MMVapors started including the peek insulators on all Poldiacs.

Also, the contact pins on the DaVapes clone are not reverse threaded like the authentic. The Asmart clone does have reverse threaded contacts and they are solid silver, but I don't know anywhere that actually sells it anymore.

None of the clones come with the button alignment tool for the switch so that's another easy way to tell if it's not included.

Just to clarify, I'm only talking about the first two clones that hit the market, the classic clones. I don't know anything about any clones after that.

Last edited:

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
As a long time fan and user of Poldiacs I can give some info on the serial numbers.
The classic serial number is on the battery cap on the bottom of the mod.
The sleek serial number is on the switch housing on the back side, 180 degree from the firing button. If you rotate the shirt 180 degrees on a sleek you can see the serial number through the hole in the shirt.
The numbers on the invoices are part numbers.
I have both a classic and a sleek Poldiac, a Nanos and two of the OverOne drippers along with a good selection of spare parts for all.
I hope Jim and entire staff at MMV can keep their company going in this tuff economic situation. I have to say they are a top notch company with great products and customer service. I have enjoyed all my dealing with them in the past and their products.

Sometimes on a new Poldiac the switch can act a little strange at first. It either can have a very small speck of Peek material from the machining process on the contact points or it just needs to be used for a day or two to let everything "break in". I have never heard of a switch being bad and having to be replaced.

Congratulations to all of you who have gotten a Poldiac before they stopped producing them. You have one of the best mods ever made, if not the best mod ever made.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
As a long time fan and user of Poldiacs I can give some info on the serial numbers.
The classic serial number is on the battery cap on the bottom of the mod.
The sleek serial number is on the switch housing on the back side, 180 degree from the firing button. If you rotate the shirt 180 degrees on a sleek you can see the serial number through the hole in the shirt.
The numbers on the invoices are part numbers.
I have both a classic and a sleek Poldiac, a Nanos and two of the OverOne drippers along with a good selection of spare parts for all.
I hope Jim and entire staff at MMV can keep their company going in this tuff economic situation. I have to say they are a top notch company with great products and customer service. I have enjoyed all my dealing with them in the past and their products.

Sometimes on a new Poldiac the switch can act a little strange at first. It either can have a very small speck of Peek material from the machining process on the contact points or it just needs to be used for a day or two to let everything "break in". I have never heard of a switch being bad and having to be replaced.

Congratulations to all of you who have gotten a Poldiac before they stopped producing them. You have one of the best mods ever made, if not the best mod ever made.

Thank you so very much for that! You have answered my questions and cleared the matter up. You are right about the switch, my first one did require a little break-in time but was working perfectly in short order. My experience with my 3 Poldiacs has been that they are indeed the best mechs I've had and they are all I use since I got them. I now feel much better about going after a 4th.

Reactions: Portertown

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
None of the clones come with peek insulators so that's one very easy way to tell. Of course, that only pertains to the more recent authentics when MMVapors started including the peek insulators on all Poldiacs.

Also, the contact pins on the DaVapes clone are not reverse threaded like the authentic. The Asmart clone does have reverse threaded contacts and they are solid silver, but I don't know anywhere that actually sells it anymore.

None of the clones come with the button alignment tool for the switch so that's another easy way to tell if it's not included.

Just to clarify, I'm only talking about the first two clones that hit the market, the classic clones. I don't know anything about any clones after that.

My Poldi that I ordered in Feb. didn't come with an alignment tool, but I understand that they stopped including that awhile back. I did order one later on tho. Still gonna be tough to pull the trigger on a used one and tell if it's an auth. or not over the internet unless you are familiar with the seller, and trust them.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Well, just look at you. :)(joking) Good you got em, and I'll most likely order another when and if I can, after things hopefully, settle down there. I shouldn't really need another unless I lose the one I have. I really don't want to order anything right now while everything is in turmoil.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Got my new CW Classic 18500 yesterday. However, the pants spin on the tube, which is making things rather annoying when I pick it up. I also have the Mirium WTH and it has all the tubes, so I tried its tube and pants, and they are even worse. I suspect the tube for the pants isn't screwing all the way into the top fully.

Any ideas for me? Can I shim my pants tube with some tape or will it mess with conductivity? I figure if the tape is between the tube and pants that should be ok?

roxynoodle,

While I was reassembling mine today, I remembered this thread.

If you remove the battery tube, you will find a ring on the bottom of the switch assembly with slots on opposing sides to accept a screwdriver. If that ring is not screwed far enough into the switch assembly, the battery tube will not screw all the way in either & the pants spin.

Try it; you'll like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread