Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
...except you can't go that low on eGo type devices...
I know, you said "modern," but a lot of people still use 'em.
This one is .073 ni200 and I have also done a .6 ohm kanthal coil
Evod TC 011 (600x182).jpg

ETA: Never mind, this ain't an ego device :laugh: I should read closer

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I do, however, have a Cool Fire IV, it's not TC, but it is 40 watts. It should have enough sense also, right?

Don't start with TC mods--nickel wire is much trickier to use. Use kanthal A-1--I like 29 gauge. And Japanese cotton.

Your Cool Fire 4 has a lot of good sense--one of the best PVs on the market, if you ask me. It will protect you from yourself. :)

Watch some YouTube videos, make a coil, wick it correctly, install it correctly and give it a try. Start with a safe wattage, 6-7 watts or so, and see how it goes. You can always increase your wattage to your liking.

Good luck!

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Innokin mods are pretty smart too. And not as temperamental as Ismoka stuff.:) Are you gonna try the GS Airs? Cheech's video shows how easy it is to rebuild them. I've built them subohm and ni200 too. :)
E-Cigarette Forum

Tracking shows the GS Airs will be here Monday. :)

I'm so excited!!! And then, I'm thinking that yes, I will start with those, once the initial ones need replaced! That should give me time to get all of the supplies together that I need. And if I order from Fasttech, it take a while to get here also. I'm gonna check out that link now...

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Don't start with TC mods--nickel wire is much trickier to use. Use kanthal A-1--I like 29 gauge. And Japanese cotton.
Your Cool Fire 4 has a lot of good sense--one of the best PVs on the market, if you ask me. It will protect you from yourself. :)
Watch some YouTube videos, make a coil, wick it correctly, install it correctly and give it a try. Start with a safe wattage, 6-7 watts or so, and see how it goes. You can always increase your wattage to your liking.
Good luck!

Thank you! At it protecting myself from me is exactly what I was worried about. I LOVE my CF4, so I'm glad she'll watch out for me!
I'm definitely going to spend some time on YouTube this weekend and work on putting together the list for what I need. Not saying I will be starting right away, but I do want to give it a try.

I appreciate all of the great advice from you guys!!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Tracking shows the GS Airs will be here Monday.

Those are so good that you may find that you don't even want to rebuild them. I love my GS Airs. Take your time--read, learn, watch videos.

Enjoy!

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Those are so good that you may find that you don't even want to rebuild them. I love my GS Airs. Take your time--read, learn, watch videos.

Enjoy!

Well, now I'm even more excited than I was before! :D

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab

Good luck!
Or buy a small flashlight and make yourself a mech mod (just don't use the batteries that come with it). But if you really wanna get brave get an iSmoka eLeaf iStick 50w...:)

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Thank you! At it protecting myself from me is exactly what I was worried about. I LOVE my CF4, so I'm glad she'll watch out for me!
I'm definitely going to spend some time on YouTube this weekend and work on putting together the list for what I need. Not saying I will be starting right away, but I do want to give it a try.

I appreciate all of the great advice from you guys!!
I built my first coil with a piece of kanthal and a Q-tip. I wrapped the wire on the Q-tip and used it's cotton for a wick. Cut it with scissors..:)
ETA: This is it. 12 wraps on the q-tip = 3.1 ohm
paint-mod-029-jpg.400454

Last edited:

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
Sorry just to clarify. We have mandatory voting for enrolled voters. Now a days every 18yr is strongly, vigorously encouraged to enrol. us Oldies just were enrolled on our 18th birthday many moons ago.
Personally, I'd like to see a test that requires potential voters to prove they know how government is supposed to work. Don't know? Don't care? Then don't vote!
Also, one vote per person! I have proof that voter fraud is real and it really ticks me off. :grr:

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
How about how to clean a new atomizer to remove all the machining oil, etc?
How much cleaner than that can you get?

Will do, I have a new tank coming Monday that will definitely need cleaning.

How about the entire process from taking the tank apart through putting it all back together with the new coil. I think a lot of newbs like me could really use that video. And can you link your YouTube channel to your signature like you did the video. That would be awesome and probably cause many to visit your channel also!

What kind of tank? I have a subtank mini that is pretty generic.

I have never seen a video on simple cleaning and maintenance of Tp battery posts and ego chargers. The other thing I don't see a lot of is basic hygiene when it comes to vaping gear.

People seem to throw their vaping gear into pockets and handbags without any thought but it still goes in your mouth and you hold it in your hands. You wash your hands.....do you clean your PV

What is a Tp battery post?
Clean electrical connections with alcohol on a swab.

Your mouth is a lot dirtier than your pocket or hands.

Or buy a small flashlight and make yourself a mech mod (just don't use the batteries that come with it). But if you really wanna get brave get an iSmoka eLeaf iStick 50w...:)
Bad Bikenstein.. bad. No treats for you

;)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I built my first coil with a piece of kanthal and a Q-tip. I wrapped the wire on the Q-tip and used it's cotton for a wick. Cut it with scissors..:)
ETA: This is it. 12 wraps on the q-tip = 3.1 ohm
paint-mod-029-jpg.400454
And a fine looking build it is!

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
This one is .073 ni200 and I have also done a .6 ohm kanthal coil
View attachment 476883
ETA: Never mind, this ain't an ego device :laugh: I should read closer
I only mentioned that because a lot of newbie lurkers read through these threads. They're really popular, they don't always know, and you didn't clarify. :facepalm:

Reactions: Uncle

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
How about how to clean a new atomizer to remove all the machining oil, etc?
How much cleaner than that can you get?
Just be prepared to be told you're wrong no matter what you say lol. Isopropyl Alcohol vs. everclear vs vodka vs. Acetone vs. Dawn dishwashing liquid (ME lol) and rinsing with tap water or distilled water or not at all. My goodness, I didn't think it was that hard. I pretend its a greasy pot and use dishwashing liquid, rinse, and go on about my business lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread