Status
Not open for further replies.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Would love to hear from you if you have one of these, I am a BIG fan of direct bottom airflow as I own several Kennedy rda's and other similar bottom airflow rda's.

EHPro Nixon RDA - Bottom Airflow Atomizer - only $23.99!

For $23.99 it looks REAL nice, as such I've just ordered one(okay fine I ordered two...one in brass and one in copper), it's about like the Kennedy but with a dual hole positive post block and a dual material deck which I quite like. Will report if the Kennedy caps fit this deck when it arrives.

Discuss!

Reactions: mr.fabe

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
Would love to hear from you if you have one of these, I am a BIG fan of direct bottom airflow as I own several Kennedy rda's and other similar bottom airflow RDA's.

EHPro Nixon RDA - Bottom Airflow Atomizer - only $23.99!

For $23.99 it looks REAL nice, as such I've just ordered one(okay fine I ordered two...one in brass and one in copper), it's about like the Kennedy but with a dual hole positive post block and a dual material deck which I quite like. Will report if the Kennedy caps fit this deck when it arrives.

Discuss!

I couldn't wait for your review on this one and since I love the Kennedy, I just pulled the trigger and bought this.

Reactions: Froth

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I'll have a full review with pictures coming up, but I felt the need to post that the Kennedy caps DO NOT fit the Nixon. Honestly I was hopeful that the caps would be interchangeable but alas they are not, though the Nixon comes with a very nice Chuff style cap that doesn't have too big of a tip, so I've been happily using that. Yes there are some small things I would personally change if I designed this RDA but for under $30 I'm not complaining. Full review with pictures should be up in around 12 hours.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I wouldn't buy it simply for the dumb name and the even worse graphic. How the hell does Nixon even remotely tie into vaping, or add any sort of "cool" factor....smh.
Honestly I think someone came up with the "I am not a clone" and they called it the Nixon because of that. There's lots of really dumb names for RDA's so I won't let that bother me as I'm only after performance. That said, it's kind of funny to me because I only think of the Futurama version of Nixon so I laugh at it.

Here's a mainly pictoral review;

The packaging it comes in is about what I expect for the price point.
nixonrda1.jpg

Generous spares kit, nicely made included coils and what appears to be organic cotton, flip the packaging over and there's an included chuff cap as well, really not bad at all IMO.
nixonrda2.jpg

With the stock cap/drip tip, this is a dual O-ring drip tip with a fairly narrow bore.
nixonrda3.jpg

The deck is nice, it's like building on most four hole decks. Lots of room for big coils still, very nice deck.
nixonrda8.jpg

This is one of my only gripes about the Nixon, the airflow adjustment on the bottom means there's this little nub that protrudes which on many devices means it will not sit flush. Also for the life of me I cannot figure out how to disassemble the airflow control, it may be press-fit as even with the positive post removed entirely the deck base would not separate.
nixonrda4.jpg

Nixon on SMPL, to demonstrate the gap.
nixonrda5.jpg

How I'm using it without a gap is with an upside down Kepler hybrid disc adapter(insulator removed) on my Surfrider.
nixonrda6.jpg

This covers the small nub and allows the Nixon to sit flush.
nixonrda7.jpg

Nice and flush now, and with the Chuff style cap this is how I use it.
nixonrda9.jpg

Overall I quite like it, it has some hang-ups that may keep people from buying it but the performance is very nice. Honestly I'll only ever use it with the airflow all the way open so I can't really comment on the airflow control, thought with the airflow all the way open and the chuff cap on the vape is almost identical to that of a normal 2-hole deck Kennedy. For me, I'd give it a strong 8/10 overall.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Both are identical and leave that gap, I've got two packages with verified Ehpro authenticity codes here as well that they both came out of. Perhaps those photos you've posted are development shots?

Edit: I've honestly really been liking the Nixon so I decided to mill a small divot in the top of one of my box mods so that the other one I bought would sit flush on it, doesn't affect anything but I just like seamless mods without gaps.

Last edited:

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
I wouldn't buy it simply for the dumb name and the even worse graphic. How the hell does Nixon even remotely tie into vaping, or add any sort of "cool" factor....smh.

I don't like the engraving either. If I got this I would definitely have to sterilize the cap.

I think they called it the Nixon because its so similar to the Kennedy. (John Kennedy)

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
Both are identical and leave that gap, I've got two packages with verified Ehpro authenticity codes here as well that they both came out of. Perhaps those photos you've posted are development shots?

Edit: I've honestly really been liking the Nixon so I decided to mill a small divot in the top of one of my box mods so that the other one I bought would sit flush on it, doesn't affect anything but I just like seamless mods without gaps.

Got mine and did a simple 8 wrap, 26g, 3mm dual coil that came out to .65
Nice, tasty hits off this thing. The machining is ok and the airflow lock seems a little gimmicky but the darn thing works very well.
I do have a little 510 gap, however, it does not extend as much as yours to be really noticeable. The only negative would be the etching of Nixon on the cap that will have to be buffed or sanded out..

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Got mine and did a simple 8 wrap, 26g, 3mm dual coil that came out to .65
Nice, tasty hits off this thing. The machining is ok and the airflow lock seems a little gimmicky but the darn thing works very well.
I do have a little 510 gap, however, it does not extend as much as yours to be really noticeable. The only negative would be the etching of Nixon on the cap that will have to be buffed or sanded out..
I've really been loving mine, I'll probably sand the etching off as well though it's not bothering me enough at the moment. Recently discovered that the non-chuff stock top cap reduces the chamber more than the chuff so I've been using that with my usual drip tip and really liking the flavor.

Obligatory picture of flush mounted Nixon on my Lethal clone. The reason I bought two is so I could do this mismatch on the Lethal.
lethalnixon.jpg

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
I've really been loving mine, I'll probably sand the etching off as well though it's not bothering me enough at the moment. Recently discovered that the non-chuff stock top cap reduces the chamber more than the chuff so I've been using that with my usual drip tip and really liking the flavor.

Obligatory picture of flush mounted Nixon on my Lethal clone. The reason I bought two is so I could do this mismatch on the Lethal.
lethalnixon.jpg

Very nice! Now I know who bought the last copper and brass Nixon's.

I think the Nixon is a good choice for those who would like to try a bottom airflow RDA at a substantially cheaper price than the Kennedy 2 Hole. It runs the same flavorwise to me and I still have the condensation on the bottom of the RDA. I do love the depth of the drip wells, and the drip tip options that are not available for the Kennedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread