Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
The nickel coils are supposed to work in the v2. Just curious if you tried them out and if so, if you noticed any difference between using nickel in the Pro vs V2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Yes they do work and work just as well, I'm just set in my ways and prefer my 0.25ohm Kanthal coil, set it to 55w, depending on juice and vape away. The Pro tank is great but it seems a lot of design changes, just for top fill wasn't needed...basically, if your not really bothered about top fill and have the Starre tank, there is no reason to buy one.

I did a side by side fill test today, from screwing the top (PRO) and Bottom (Starre V2) off, filling it and screwing it back together, the Pro was 5 seconds faster, not because it's easier to fill, just for the fact I had to screw the Starre V2 off my mod, all that engineering for a 5 second advantage seems more like a sales ploy than a convenience. The only time it really makes a difference is when you pull over to fill when driving or out but it gives off so much vapour that it's a stay at home vape anyway.

I wish I could edit my review, in fact I wish I would of held off and used the tank for longer but it was new and we were all excited, most of the review for me personally still stands but I wish I had of mentioned this too or at least lived with it for a week instead of a few days, ah well, what is done is done. It will be interesting to see (Emma) how you are going to revise a tank through a design change on paper, to production line, to testing, to QA, to shipping to suppliers in two weeks, I would be extremely surprised if that happens any time soon. No more early review products for me any more haha.. it is what it is..

Reactions: MikeyConti

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
So I just received the tank today. Remembered to turn the top to "Off" after filling and screwing the top cap back on. Have gone through 3 tankfuls of juice and have not had a single leak. This is my first Freemax tank. The flavor is definitely better as compared to the Atlantis 2, however, I think the vapor production is comparable to the Atlantis 2.

Comparing it to the Triton, the Starre Pro is definitely a lot easier to fill. The Triton has these two small fill holes while the Starre Pro has these huge slots. Even using a unicorn bottle, the tip isn't long enough to reach down into the fill holes on the Triton, so you're dripping it and hoping that the flow drops straight down into the hole.

Reactions: Rixsta

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
So I just received the tank today. Remembered to turn the top to "Off" after filling and screwing the top cap back on. Have gone through 3 tankfuls of juice and have not had a single leak. This is my first Freemax tank. The flavor is definitely better as compared to the Atlantis 2, however, I think the vapor production is comparable to the Atlantis 2.

Comparing it to the Triton, the Starre Pro is definitely a lot easier to fill. The Triton has these two small fill holes while the Starre Pro has these huge slots. Even using a unicorn bottle, the tip isn't long enough to reach down into the fill holes on the Triton, so you're dripping it and hoping that the flow drops straight down into the hole.
Great to hear, I have been back using mine again today without problems, thanks for sharing

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
One tank is fully retired due to the early leaks and just burnt hits, not wasting another coil on it and I think there is something up with its spring.

This other tank since the 1st few leaks has not poured out air holes since keeping it in closed. So behavior is better, but if left on its side for not long at all we have a new leak location. Nothing leaked out of the tip on the top. Pretty sure this is juice squeezing through the tiny hole on the underside of the cap or faulty seal located where cap meets tanks? This area is impossible to clean properly. This is not residue from vaping IMO, this is seeping when on its side for a short period from under the cap.

It is screwed in very well, so much that trying to take the cap off 80% of the time it wants to take the whole top of the tank off which is another issue.

Hopefully Vape Royalty will get me new ones down the road. The good news is the SMOK is on its way so something new to hopefully make me forget this cluster of a clearo.

WP_20150728_002.jpg
WP_20150728_003.jpg

Last edited:

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Yes they do work and work just as well, I'm just set in my ways and prefer my 0.25ohm Kanthal coil, set it to 55w, depending on juice and vape away. The Pro tank is great but it seems a lot of design changes, just for top fill wasn't needed...basically, if your not really bothered about top fill and have the Starre tank, there is no reason to buy one.

I did a side by side fill test today, from screwing the top (PRO) and Bottom (Starre V2) off, filling it and screwing it back together, the Pro was 5 seconds faster, not because it's easier to fill, just for the fact I had to screw the Starre V2 off my mod, all that engineering for a 5 second advantage seems more like a sales ploy than a convenience. The only time it really makes a difference is when you pull over to fill when driving or out but it gives off so much vapour that it's a stay at home vape anyway.

I wish I could edit my review, in fact I wish I would of held off and used the tank for longer but it was new and we were all excited, most of the review for me personally still stands but I wish I had of mentioned this too or at least lived with it for a week instead of a few days, ah well, what is done is done. It will be interesting to see (Emma) how you are going to revise a tank through a design change on paper, to production line, to testing, to QA, to shipping to suppliers in two weeks, I would be extremely surprised if that happens any time soon. No more early review products for me any more haha.. it is what it is..

Honestly, there was nothing wrong with your review. You reviewed it just as it should have been, presenting all its features, how well it worked and your thoughts of it. Its not your fault FreeMax produced some defective units, you had no way of knowing as it was a new product.

Magikhat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
www.flavorplace.com
I have had the freemax pro tank for 2-3 weeks now.
I have watched the youtube videos on how to properly fill it with the ON / OFF switch
Took apart both tanks and cleaned everything properly and put two new coils in which i screwed on very tight.
I put it all back together, the juice fills into the coil and i turn it to OFF.
Works great.. BUT put the tank on its side and it leaks
Both tanks leak on their sides. I have to keep them upright at all times. Cant stand this anymore.
Both tanks are faulty? My brother has the freemax regular (NOT PRO) and his does not leak.
Really ...... and you cant return these tanks if they are defective.. no warranty

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Mine doesn't leak on it's side but that is with the AFC closed off, never tried it open.. It is very rare any of my tanks are on there side though, always makes sense to stand them up.. You can buy little stands for them, really cheap, or you could buy a tank deck to store them.. If it doesn't leak in normal use, I would just run with it..

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Loving the flavor of the pro but I'm on my third coil in like 10 days.

Between that and the seapage around the bottom of the drip tip I am thinking I'm going to be ordering the TVF4.
I got mine on Tuesday and I'm starting to notice that the taste from the coil is beginning to be a little off, which tells me that the coil needs replacing soon. That's after putting about 30 ml's of juice through the coil. Not a single leak though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread