Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Battery life is very good. On par with an 18650, which is all that's in them. I get a full day out of it with about 25% left. That's alternating between a 1 ohm tootle puffer and a .08 dual coil nickel build throughout the day.

Very Cool.

I just received one Today. It seemed like the Battery the Battery meter went to 1/2 Very Quickly. But I was Chain/B2B vaping trying different Settings and Swapping out Builds.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Reactions: skrymir

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Very Cool.

I just received one Today. It seemed like the Battery the Battery meter went to 1/2 Very Quickly. But I was Chain/B2B Vaping trying different Settings and Swapping out Builds.
Give it 3 full cycles before really getting into measuring the battery life. It settles in quite nicely.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    OK... Here is what I want to know.

Who is going to be the 1st to take their iStick 40W TC apart and post Pictures of it?

Here is what an iStick 20W looks like on the Inside.

iStick_1.JPG

PBusardo's review page has some pretty good pictures of the one he took apart.

Reactions: zoiDman

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
    Canada
    Anyone have any experience with cvapor.com?

Eleaf iStick 40w Kit Temperature Control Box Mod with GS-Tank Best Matching Kit - Cvapor.com

I want to try out the mod and it comes with an inexpensive tank with Ni200 coils
    So I've decided to get it here.

If anyone else is interested there is a code to save 10% (for anything at cvapor not just this mod):

GRE10OFF

that puts the price point at $45 for the kit that includes the GS-Tank seen in the review that Bursardo did (didn't realize it was a LTM tank but I'm game).

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I think it would be a great starter device for people. They could start using just the vw mode and have the ability to try our tc down the line without buying a new device.

Absolutely.

I am sitting here using it in Regular VW mode. It works Great.

And since eLeaf offers 3 Different type of Heads to go into 3 Different types of Tanks, one can Mix n' Match and Cross Use things.

But Above All, the Price is Good.

I think eLeaf made a Very Wise choice of setting the Price Point for this iStick TC and the GS Tanks so low. Anything that has a Decent Profit margin is going to be Cloned. But if they set the Price at Bare Bones, there is Less Incentive for someone to Clone it.

I am waiting on my GS-Tank to arrive. It should be here at the end of Next Week. I see no reason for it Not to work as well as my GS Air MS tanks that I have. And if I don't like the Ni200 Coil Heads that it comes with. No big deal. I'll just use the Regular heads that I already have.

Reactions: gerrymi

Stosh

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2010
    Nevada
    It's a small, easy to use device that's at a great price point. Not worried about the battery charge life, unless all my other mods (some w/replaceable batteries, some not) all go south on the same day, and my mechs get hit by lightning.

I adjust the temperature for the best taste and vapor, same as I did with VW, same as I did with VV, or even adjust coil resistance for a mech. Seems like there would less complaints if the adjustments were just numbers 1-20, 1 is cool, 20 is hot.

Reactions: GeorgeS

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Mine just came in....
    Loving the gray. I've seen the reviews, lots of pictures, knew its dimensions, but it's smaller than I thought....a very good thing. Maybe because it fits my hand so well, in either direction. Paired it with the Sapor...going to be my on-the-go and tasting setup. Still need to find it a great tank though, something small with a deck I can build on and factory coils. Prefer shorter to thinner. Still looking around at what's available.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Papillon61

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 22, 2015
    Sunshine Isle
    Mine just came in....
    Loving the gray. Going to be my on-the-go and tasting setup.

View attachment 478888

Very nice Mooch - it doesn't look much bigger then a 20W. Mine is on its way though I'm pretty sure I won't get it before another couple of weeks.

Now I have a question for you. Supposing I were to get a second iTaste TC would the battery deteriorate if I didn't use it but just kept it for future use? Or would it be wiser to use all my regulated mods in rotation (much like I do with my loose 18650s)?

Reactions: Mooch

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I always recommend rotating but you probably don't need to do it more often than every month. Loose batteries self-discharge very slowly but the battery in this mod gets slowly drained 24/7 because it has to keep some circuitry awake to wait for the five button presses.

It's a tiny amoint of current being drawn from the battery but I don't know how much or how quickly it will drain the battery. If I was putting a unit aside for future use I would charge/discharge the battery to about 50% (the number isn"t critical) and then store it. After a week I would take a peek to see if it had gone down any. If not. I'd come back in 3 weeks or so. Still OK? Then I'd check on it every month or two.

If you see it drop down to a single bar, recharge back to 50% and check again every month or so. You could probably store it for at least a year (with pccasional recharges to 50%) but during that entire time the battery is using up its "shelf life". Even when not being used a battery ages and slowly deteriorates. If you pulled it out after a year you'd probably find that it had lost some capacity and needed to be recharged more often.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    And since eLeaf offers 3 Different type of Heads to go into 3 Different types of Tanks, one can Mix n' Match and Cross Use things.

Well...3 Heads and 4 tanks...actually...(and...as you said...ALL the Heads will fit ALL the tanks)...

The tanks shown are not labeled...but from the left...GS Air, GS Tank, GS Air MS, GS Air M...

Eleaf GS Air Fan | Page 492 | E-Cigarette Forum

Sweet Vapes carries all the heads and the tanks (tanks run from $9.95 for the MS & M to $14.95 for the [quieter, easier to fill] GS Tank):

Eleaf GS Tank

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread