Feb 18, 2013
NY
2015-07-31%2016.11.42_zpsu4iiarue.jpg

Adhesive lined shrinkwrap :thumb:
2015-07-31%2016.14.31_zpsm86wdfhk.jpg

2015-07-31%2016.16.14_zpsqrsfg4fo.jpg

2015-07-31%2016.17.19_zpsgnpys8qb.jpg

XT30's are pretty damn awesome.

Looking good! Yeah I love that adhesive lined shrink tubing but the small shop I use to buy it at closed about a year ago and no one else around here carries it. I'm hording the last bits I have for use where the repairs are exposed to the weather, guess I'll have to mail order some more.

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Looking good! Yeah I love that adhesive lined shrink tubing but the small shop I use to buy it at closed about a year ago and no one else around here carries it. I'm hording the last bits I have for use where the repairs are exposed to the weather, guess I'll have to mail order some more.
I used up all my small red on my mini DNA40 so I used black for both wires. The red I had was for 12g or larger wires. I hated doing that but didn't want to wait. I'll need to order more.

I used my "fat" tip to solder (3mm) :lol:

Looks like my Hana v200 screen is completely dead now.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I used up all my small red on my mini DNA40 so I used black for both wires. The red I had was for 12g or larger wires. I hated doing that but didn't want to wait. I'll need to order more.

I used my "fat" tip to solder (3mm) :lol:

Looks like my Hana v200 screen is completely dead now.

You must have quite a large vape budget? A boxer, a Hanna 200, the DNA 200's plus all the parts to build the mods
all this in like the last month. Not like I'm keeping track or nothin :) Just a little jealous right now

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
So my U-Frame design came from Sculpteo about 30 minutes ago...the print quality is yet again far superior to Shapeways. My chosen battery fits great and the door slides on perfectly. The 510 and board mounts are again spot on. I'm building this one over the weekend!

20150731_201835.jpg

20150731_201855.jpg

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California

Thanks! I'm really excited about this one!

You might notice that the rails on the top of the door aren't the full length of the body like they are on the bottom. That's because I have inserted a little wall in the top to keep the battery in place and to prevent it from hitting the 510. Once built, if I can shave a few mm off of the depth in the final adjusted design I will do that before uploading it. The next time I print this I'll probably go with a mixed color scheme. For now I'll be installing black buttons and a black VT 510.

You can see that design decision in this pic:

20150731_203946.jpg

Here is a rear view with battery in and the door fully on:

20150731_205040.jpg

Last edited:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
So my U-Frame design came from Sculpteo about 30 minutes ago...the print quality is yet again far superior to Shapeways. My chosen battery fits great and the door slides on perfectly. The 510 and board mounts are again spot on. I'm building this one over the weekend!

20150731_201835.jpg

20150731_201855.jpg

That is really nice :)
Do you have a shop on Scupltoe? are your mods for sale to the public? or do you just do it for your self?
Thanks

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
It's alive, It's ALIVE!!!

Finally! It's like Christmas and I got just what I wanted! Here's a couple quick pics, I'll post more of the inside tomorrow, I'm really tired.

The 3M double sided tape worked great for the screen and I was able to disconnect it and clamp the screen while I worked on the board, wasn't too bad hooking it back up once the battery and all the wires were soldered.
DSC01776S_zpsuhxbjkza.jpg

And here it is ALIVE!
DSC01789S_zpshbjjsdeq.jpg
DSC01790S_zpsfduwiy3h.jpg

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Thanks! I'm really excited about this one!

You might notice that the rails on the top of the door aren't the full length of the body like they are on the bottom. That's because I have inserted a little wall in the top to keep the battery in place and to prevent it from hitting the 510. Once built, if I can shave a few mm off of the depth in the final adjusted design I will do that before uploading it. The next time I print this I'll probably go with a mixed color scheme. For now I'll be installing black buttons and a black VT 510.

You can see that design decision in this pic:

20150731_203946.jpg

Here is a rear view with battery in and the door fully on:

20150731_205040.jpg

Nice job Cotay, that's looking great! Look forward to seeing it done up. :thumbs:

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
You must have quite a large vape budget? A boxer, a Hanna 200, the DNA 200's plus all the parts to build the mods
all this in like the last month. Not like I'm keeping track or nothin :) Just a little jealous right now
Mom?!?!?!?!?

:lol:

I've been holding out for the last couple of months to get all these DNA200's (ok, not really :p ). I bought a SX Mini M, Boxer and Hana v4 last month along with 2 DNA200 boards (they peer-pressured me into the 2nd one! I swear!!!). I sold off the SX-M after 3 days because it was too heavy and uncomfortable to hold. I thought I was only going to get the VS DNA200 but Hana came out with their's and it was close to the beta mod which I really wanted so I ordered one. I had non-buyer's remorse when I passed on the Opus 200's.

While doing research on lipo batteries for the mods I was going to build, I saw that most of these batteries were for rc helicopters. I used to be into rc cars and I was curious back then but they were way too expensive (and I had cars set up around $1000 ea). During a visit to a hobby shop to look for connectors and batteries, they brought out an AH-1 Cobra rc helicopter to the parking lot for a test flight. I think that pushed me to look into them. Now there's these little rc heli's so I ordered a few of those so my new hobby is rc heli's but only the small ones. I have 4 now after a couple of weeks and picking up another one this weekend. Luckily, these small heli's are fairly cheap but mission creep is pushing me toward mini sizes and they're obviously more $$$ but I'm gonna wait until I can fly these micros very well before I get into bigger ones. Or lose interest and forget about them :lol:

This is the test flight I shot:

Last edited:

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Mom?!?!?!?!?

:lol:

I've been holding out for the last couple of months to get all these DNA200's (ok, not really :p ). I bought a SX Mini M, Boxer and Hana v4 last month along with 2 DNA200 boards (they peer-pressured me into the 2nd one! I swear!!!). I sold off the SX-M after 3 days because it was too heavy and uncomfortable to hold. I thought I was only going to get the VS DNA200 but Hana came out with their's and it was close to the beta mod which I really wanted so I ordered one. I had non-buyer's remorse when I passed on the Opus 200's.

While doing research on lipo batteries for the mods I was going to build, I saw that most of these batteries were for rc helicopters. I used to be into rc cars and I was curious back then but they were way too expensive (and I had cars set up around $1000 ea). During a visit to a hobby shop to look for connectors and batteries, they brought out an AH-64 Apache rc helicopter to the parking lot for a test flight. I think that pushed me to look into them. Now there's these little rc heli's so I ordered a few of those so my new hobby is rc heli's but only the small ones. I have 4 now after a couple of weeks and picking up another one this weekend. Luckily, these small heli's are fairly cheap but mission creep is pushing me toward mini sizes and they're obviously more $$$ but I'm gonna wait until I can fly these micros very well before I get into bigger ones. Or lose interest and forget about them :lol:

This is the test flight I shot:

If you have children, don't let them near your Heli's! Mine keep breaking because my three boys fly them (poorly I might add) while I'm at work. It's amazing what damage a 6, 4 and 2 year old can accomplish. My oldest daughter (7) is even starting to get in on the act. I'm hoping that our latest addition (5mo. daughter) can be trained to leave them alone...but I'm not holding my breath! :D

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
If you have children, don't let them near your Heli's! Mine keep breaking because my three boys fly them (poorly I might add) while I'm at work. It's amazing what damage a 6, 4 and 2 year old can accomplish. My oldest daughter (7) is even starting to get in on the act. I'm hoping that our latest addition (5mo. daughter) can be trained to leave them alone...but I'm not holding my breath! :D
All I got from that is 5 kids :w00t:.

No kids. I got fairly cheap ones. Syma S109G (Apache 3ch dual rotor), WL v911 Pro, Blade MSR and Estes ProtoX micro quad. I'm picking up a Blade 120 SR this weekend and will get a Devo 7e to mod to control all of them (already ordered a A7105 module to solder into the Devo 7e). I'm eyeing a Walkera Master CP but might just get a Super CP with the Devo 7e tx.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
The Syma S109G is a really fun little guy! I bought one for my oldest boy to keep him away from the good stuff, but he eventually destroyed it. I have parts to rebuild it and a couple of other minis, but my time lately has been focused elsewhere with mods. :)

And yes...5 kids...and to think I didn't start having them until I was 38. My future = no retirement! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread