GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
I know I can't compare to Path's drunken posts but this is the best switch ever! I don't care if it matches the 18500 tube that I ordered, separately. It's that good . My 18650 tube matches perfectly but it doesn't take away from the fact that this is the best performing switch that I've ever had the pleasure to use :)

Hello cliffy15! :) Path's drunken posts... I haven't seen one in a while. I miss them. :)

Sending much love and many smiles, out to my very special GP Family! :)

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
Hi Cucco! Hope you're doing well! :)

Thanks! :) I am hanging in. I am enjoying my new house. I think about how hard I tried, to find a house without a pool. I am so happy I failed at that. I love my pool! I am swimming daily. Laps! I have muscles! Who would have thunk? Too funny! :)

I need to stop enjoying my new house so much, and get working on getting rid of all the other houses. Ugh.. Soon.. :)

My cats LOVE the new house!

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
V4 switches arrived yesterday. Honestly, all other bottom switches are dead to me now. Well, except for the V3...but it's on life support. Current set is a V3 flat top cap, 18350 V3 ss tube, V4 switch. The seamless V4 looks great and i'll eventually buy one but i am in love with polished end caps on the ss V3 tube.

When i first threw the switch on with a AW nipple top the atty fired as soon as it made contact with the gpin. Doh, forgot to swap insulators. All is well now but i have to ask why do nipple top batteries need a different battery insulator? I've swapped nipple and flat top batteries using the V3 switch no problem. I understand the top of batteries are different but i didn't see any difference in the bottom/negative end.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
...but i have to ask why do nipple top batteries need a different battery insulator? I've swapped nipple and flat top batteries using the V3 switch no problem. I understand the top of batteries are different but i didn't see any difference in the bottom/negative end.
With that difference/s atop - there'd be tiny variance in length between [some]batteries. Negligible, but there nonetheless sometimes.
CONGRATS brother!

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
With that difference/s atop - there'd be tiny variance in length between [some]batteries. Negligible, but there nonetheless sometimes.
CONGRATS brother!

Yes, i understand the difference in overall length but how does the effect the way the bottom of the battery rest on the insulator? If the insulator is hard plastic and rest just above the negative contact screw i would imagine either should work/keep the bottom of the battery from making contact with the negative screw until you depress the switch. I'm just trying to understand why a different insulator is needed on the V4. Just curious that's all.

jwj63

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2013
NC, CA, Thailand
Two things are different. The plastic wrapping on an AW battery is thiner than on many others and the negative contact is slightly convex on some of them.

Yes, i understand the difference in overall length but how does the effect the way the bottom of the battery rest on the insulator? If the insulator is hard plastic and rest just above the negative contact screw i would imagine either should work/keep the bottom of the battery from making contact with the negative screw until you depress the switch. I'm just trying to understand why a different insulator is needed on the V4. Just curious that's all.

melodicstealer

Mar 12, 2013
Malaysia
I haven't heard of a specific release date. I really doubt that it will be released today as there would have been a notice of Vapourday in the announcements thread and on the Vapourart website.

I think ive read it somewhere in this subforum perseas himself wrote that this will be available 1st august? Or im just wrong?? Let me scroll back first

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I think ive read it somewhere in this subforum perseas himself wrote that this will be available 1st august? Or im just wrong?? Let me scroll back first

He might have said "the beginning of August", but it's August 1st right now (at least in the Midwest where I am and certainly in Greece and Bulgaria) and there is no evidence that it's Vapourday today (I only wish).

melodicstealer

Mar 12, 2013
Malaysia
Hello buddy :)

We strive to have it ready for the end of the month. When I get the OK from our machinists, I will post about availability dates.

UPDATE

ETA: First days of August.

Here it is..i dont know, he said 1st day ..but i'll wait patiently

Anyway, can someone tell me by his experienced, what is the difference in paps x1.5 compared to paps v4..i used to have paps 1st and 3rd version before (if im not mistaken) but never had paps x..im sorry if this was asked zillions times before

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
He said "first days of August" - I think he meant early August.

The Paps X is a sectional mod, meaning that there are different tube extensions for different battery sizes (whereas the Paps has always dedicated tubes for different battery sizes). The GP Paps X button is very different. Your best bet is to check out the product page, I'm sure that it does a better job of describing it than I can: GP PAPS X SS Edition version 1.5

Fyla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2015
Croatia
I have both, x1.5 and V4. Main difference is that x is modular mod, meaning you can choose whatever battery you would like to use, including adding a kick. Also x is 23mm in diameter. In other hand, V4 has dedicated tubes by each battery size and is 22mm. Switch on new V4 is far way better IMHO. It works flawlessly. Also seamless look on V4 is just stunning. Not that x is bad, but V4 is new craftsmanship, and its my cup of tea now.

melodicstealer

Mar 12, 2013
Malaysia
He said "first days of August" - I think he meant early August.

The Paps X is a sectional mod, meaning that there are different tube extensions for different battery sizes (whereas the Paps has always dedicated tubes for different battery sizes). The GP Paps X button is very different. Your best bet is to check out the product page, I'm sure that it does a better job of describing it than I can: GP PAPS X SS Edition version 1.5

Haha..guess i missed the s..thanks2..btw, i already read it 2 3 times before but still cant figure the difference..that is why im asking for experienced..but thanks a lot for info

I have both, x1.5 and V4. Main difference is that x is modular mod, meaning you can choose whatever battery you would like to use, including adding a kick. Also x is 23mm in diameter. In other hand, V4 has dedicated tubes by each battery size and is 22mm. Switch on new V4 is far way better IMHO. It works flawlessly. Also seamless look on V4 is just stunning. Not that x is bad, but V4 is new craftsmanship, and its my cup of tea now.

Yeaah this is the answer im looking for..thank you..you really open up my mind which one to choose..

Cmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Mokum, NL, Europe

IMHO the X and the V4 have different qualities. The V4 is stunning. The X is stunning.

The X feels like a heavy and sturdy workhorse, but its button is extremely comfortable and has a featherlight operation, with an ingeniously hidden locking mechanism. What I also like is that it rests so perfectly in my hand (especially in 18350 mode and with a Spheroid on it) and that I can also press the button with the palm of my hand or in any other position. The X button is also very tactile, it gives you clear feedback when it activates, which is a great quality.

The v4 seems (I don't have one, not yet) more subtle with a very small button throw and refined looks. I think its design is even more sophisticated than the previous PAPS versions. Like with the X, the button and locking mechanism of the v4 can not get stuck or loose. Unlike the X, it provides a perfect fit with the Heron (and hopefully an even more seamless fit with the upcoming Heron v2).

IMHO the X and the v4 cannot be compared in terms of better or worse. You just need both of them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread