IPV D2 announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Florida
Doubt that, DHL usually handles Shipments that large and they usually run 1-3 days.

Yeah, this. If anything it's the other way around lol. Assuming they do indeed ship Monday, and having coughed up the extra $4 for priority from 101, at worst i'm thinking next Monday.

If you went the GB route you'll probably be racing September on the calendar. At least in my experiences with them, which just isn't worth saving the extra couple bucks imo. I spend enough time tracking random packages without adding one of those headaches to the list. I even have my own must save at least $15 rule on any China based purchase.

VapeGyver

Jul 25, 2015
Clearwater, Fl
In another forum to remain nameless there were a few people who got messages within the last 48 hrs saying sorry we haven't received our order if you want to cancel let us know ect ect... The message was from efun... I hadnt received such a message & was about to try& cancel when I saw here people with orders with gb went into processing. I got in on the preorder early 7/10 so I think I didnt get the message from them because they are getting enough stock to cover my order. I have been back and forth messaging with them so it's not as if I haven't been the squeaky wheel.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
If you went the GB route you'll probably be racing September on the calendar. At least in my experiences with them, which just isn't worth saving the extra couple bucks imo.

From what I gather, the first batch of the retail ipv D2s that are going to the US are getting shipped via DHL to P4V's US warehouse and then being distributed via USPS to vendors and the GB here on ECF.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
From what I gather, the first batch of the retail ipv D2s that are going to the US are getting shipped via DHL to P4V's US warehouse and then being distributed via USPS to vendors and the GB here on ECF.

Kind of doubtful. Vendors pay shipping cost at time of order. I'd be P.O.'d if they didn't ship as contracted.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Kind of doubtful. Vendors pay shipping cost at time of order. I'd be P.O.'d if they didn't ship as contracted.

As a verified member you can read through the GB thread and at the correspondence from P4U. I don't know if it's true or not, but I'll be sure to post here when I receive mine.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
As a verified member you can read through the GB thread and at the correspondence from P4U. I don't know if it's true or not, but I'll be sure to post here when I receive mine.
I understand yours may come that way in the Group Buy, but Vendors are another matter entirely.
I've done plenty of GB's..............before the whole process went to pieces. Back then we were pulling 20k-30k Kanger orders. That's a lot of Cleareo's/coil heads. :lol::lol::lol:

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
GB = Gearbest in my post.

Oops - I should have realized that.

I understand yours may come that way in the Group Buy, but Vendors are another matter entirely.
I've done plenty of GB's..............before the whole process went to pieces. Back then we were pulling 20k-30k Kanger orders. That's a lot of Cleareo's/coil heads. :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, I don't really know what the situation is as it's all second hand information - we'll see. The good thing is that although I'm excited to receive it, I've done enough group buys to know that the best practice is to just sit back, be patient, and try to forget about it.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
I'd hate to see what you guys are like when waiting for something like any authentic high end 4-500 dollar mod, this $50 D2 has people canceling orders, sending emails and just generally buggin out...easy for me to say I guess having bagged one already.

Truth be told, I'd be buggin right there with ya if I was still waiting...even with an SXM in hand, crazy vapeheads.

Reactions: jstrong

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
all this angst over a $50 mod? this from a majority of people who have plenty of other mods they can vape while waiting.....c'mon folks! can't we just relax and not stress so much over every mod and their pre-orders? reading all the threads on this site i can answer my own question-sadly, no. i will happily wait for my mod to arrive from my 101 pre-order without any added unnecessary stress-they seem to vape much better that way when they finally arrive.....

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I'd hate to see what you guys are like when waiting for something like any authentic high end 4-500 dollar mod, this $50 D2 has people canceling orders, sending emails and just generally buggin out...easy for me to say I guess having bagged one already.

Truth be told, I'd be buggin right there with ya if I was still waiting...even with an SXM in hand, crazy vapeheads.

Na', I'm all good. I have little doubt mine will be several weeks..........maybe months - lol getting here. Just means one more surprise vape mail and longer before it breaks.

I seem to still be spending more than I'd like, but some of that may be in supporting my wife's switch. Something I'm glad to assist with.
Most of my purchases now are strictly interest and not even shinyitis any longer.

My poor Fasttech Carts get filled and emptied regularly, never being ordered and my one time favorite e-liquid suppliers E-mail me weekly in vein.

I truly am at a happy spot and have been for some time. I just enjoy tweaking for the better if possible. No rush, just advancement.:)

Rob_H

Moved On
Jul 12, 2015
In TC mode you don't have a wattage option, unless I'm missing something here...don't think so though.

I played with various temps between 350-500 degrees and same with joules, just couldn't get it to perform as desired in any setting, the coil is a tight micro and that could be my problem, I'm hearing TC likes spaced coils...I'll have to give it another shot. For now I went back to my old build and it's perfect for me, nice and warm with thick flavorful vapor, it's gonna be tough to surpass.
Micro coil is fine. I like about 460 degrees and 50J, it seemed it took a little bit to settle in and then started working more consistent. Space coils are to fidley and dont vape any better for me anyway. In a dripper I like the heat upwards of 500 sometimes a little more.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
TruSound can you confirm that Mikevapes was wrong about the resistance lock not working. Im guessing you saw his first look video that was being talked about on this thread earlier(the posts were about his comments on the barrel charging cable).

I've only built it once for TC using titanium, it seemed to lock the cold coil resistance no problem but naturally the resistance number fluxuated with use...wish I had more TC info to pass to you guys, with a full day of fiddling with it I couldn't get performance that was on par with my go to Nichrome/Rayon setups.

I have seen TC tests with RDA's and the user taking lung hits producing big clouds, I use 24mg strength juice in Kayfuns and take mouth to lung his, it seems like these shortened pulls don't perform as well using TC...but it's early days here in TC world so to be continued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread