Got my Ti P3 today!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Eciginator

Ultra Member
Jul 27, 2015
WooHooo! OK, first impressions, it came in an actual pretty box!;) That just bugged me when I bought my Mini a couple of years ago, it just being tossed in a plastic bag. One wants that fuzzy happy unboxing moment!:thumbs:

Now for the device itself. STUNNING! Satiny finish, lightsaberish grooves and the proud Provape stamps! My Russian 91% with a similar finish is almost a perfect match for it!:) Everything screws together effortlessly, I wouldn't expect anything less from Provape. The display is beautiful, and no dust specks! So glad they addressed that issue! I love the power boost feature, great for coils that otherwise take time to heat up. Also very neat is the multicolor button led. Combined with the ability to save multiple settings I can assign a different color to each juice!:w00t: Now weight wise, the main reason for the Ti, a fully loaded Ti P3 with the big 18650 battery is still half an ounce less than my Mini with a 18490!:thumb: With a 18350 it's very light, the Russian probably weighs as much or more by itself! So I can carry it in my pocket without my pants falling down to my ankles! Yay!:p The 18350 brings up my only issue, screwing on the end cap is a pita and I'm concerned the pressure might compress the spring over time? Anyhoo, +++ do recommend!:hubba:

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Hey, I got a question, one I will probably ask again once it gets closer to the time I purchase my second P3: When using a heavy tank such a K4 or what not, does putting it on a Ti P3 make it top heavy? I ask this because when going out, I like to stand my P3 upright on the table wherever I am and I'm curious if a Ti P3 with something heavy on it is more apt to tip over than a, "regular" P3? Any experiences one can share in this matter is appreciated... Thanks.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
The Ti P3 is still pretty stable, like I said my Russian probably weighs as much or more, but I don't think the Ti is unreasonably topple prone!;)
Thanks for that. I'll put that mark on the, "for" side of the chalkboard. Also, when out and about, I carry my P3 in a holster so I'm not so sure I'm real concerned with weight as much as I think it would be cool to have a P3 made from the same materiel as my hips. Still, with all the crap I carry on my waist, I'm sure every little bit counts.
It's a pretty easy decision on the first (for me anyway), not so easy on second. First is the "Black." Jackie picked the Gunmetal and man, that is sharp also, real sharp...
You know, now that write this, maybe I'm looking at it all wrong. Maybe she should be the one to pick out our spare and use it for a year while the Gunmetal sits in the cigar caddy in the Jeep. Then she can decide which one she wants to use and which one will be the spare. Yeah that's it, make her pick!

Last edited:

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hey, I got a question, one I will probably ask again once it gets closer to the time I purchase my second P3: When using a heavy tank such a K4 or what not, does putting it on a Ti P3 make it top heavy? I ask this because when going out, I like to stand my P3 upright on the table wherever I am and I'm curious if a Ti P3 with something heavy on it is more apt to tip over than a, "regular" P3? Any experiences one can share in this matter is appreciated... Thanks.

I use P3 Ti's with K4 tanks all the time Anybody Using A Kabuki? | Page 17 | E-Cigarette Forum

The Ti is much lighter than the SS versions, while I haven't ever weighed the P3 Ti in 18350 mode w/battery vs. Kayfun 4 w/tank full; I can tell you that it does not tip over or become unstable if you sit it down with the full tank on top. No problems here.

FWIW I don't have any holsters or carriers, I just stick them in my front pockets - maybe not with skinny jeans, but works fine otherwise ;-)

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
It does make it a bit top heavy, but I've never had an issue where the tank caused the P3 Ti to tip over. Regardless of what tank I put on it, if I set it down carelessly, it will fall over and if I bump it, it can fall over.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Thanks for the responses, it matters. I mean seriously, it's why we are here, right? Even if it seems like a trivial question, deciding on which P3 you are going to buy next is a expensive and LONG LASTING decision. So yeah, thanks!

I asked Jackie if she were to pick out our spare, which would it be? "Probably the titanium one."

Well, like I told her, we got about 10 more months, maybe they'll release something we want more.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
I don't know if you would need a Ti P3 if you are going to be carrying it in a holster anyway. Want maybe.

I use them solely in 18350 mode and I wear nothing but Carhartts most of the time, so they live in the side leg pockets just fine.

Be careful though. If you get one, you'll be hooked. There is something about them. They are definitely special.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I don't know if you would need a Ti P3 if you are going to be carrying it in a holster anyway. Want maybe.

I use them solely in 18350 mode and I wear nothing but Carhartts most of the time, so they live in the side leg pockets just fine.

Be careful though. If you get one, you'll be hooked. There is something about them. They are definitely special.
I carry @ 8lbs of crap on my waist/belt as it is. A friend of mine calls me Batman.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Yup, I pop the 18350 in it and scrrreeewww the cap on (eventually) and it sits in my pocket just fine!:thumb:
I'm a 18650 guy. Before I got the holster, I would pretty much carry my V2 around in my hand and put it in my back pocket next to my wallet when I needed my hands free. If I was going to be moving around a lot, I would shut it off. When it's cold enough to wear a jacket, I carry it in the front top pocket of my jean jacket and the inside top pocket of my leather. It's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread