sub mini tank leaking. i feel stupid and elated plus vs triton

Status
Not open for further replies.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
my sub tank would leak out it's entire contents in 15 minutes for months. I have the purple gasket set. I wear tri focals. I swore the bottom washer was up on the raised side. reseated many times. so I went in to get the triton. kid looked at mine and said washer was upside down! duh. 9 hours, not a drop! kick myself.

meanwhile he says triton is better anyways. looked like a pita to me. do you guys still like the subtank mini better? I read earlier posts that most people prefer it. how can I tell what version I have and if it has vertical ni200 coils?

sorry for new post. I saw sub tank mini posts were older.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I don't understand. mine has one airflow adjustment ring at the bottom. there is one hole, two holes,or a large oval shaped hole. new or old? the new ni200 coils have red O-rings and are vertical too? sorry, I am a bit confused. some people prefer the triton but most the stm I guess. ust trying to figure out if I have the new stm.

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
I really like the mini and i think youu will find the overall reviews favourable. Once you get a feel for how it goes together it is pretty solid, at least has been for me. Being able to do sub ohm or 1.2 coils is nice, and the rebuikdable option is great to have.

Maybe just now you have a feel for it, use it for a couple of months, see what you like and don't then consider an upgrade... The triton is still really new too so I would give it another month before the shiny halo has worn off. :)

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I don't understand. mine has one airflow adjustment ring at the bottom. there is one hole, two holes,or a large oval shaped hole. new or old? the new ni200 coils have red O-rings and are vertical too? sorry, I am a bit confused. some people prefer the triton but most the stm I guess. ust trying to figure out if I have the new stm.

The new style has two slots on the airflow ring, one on each side. If your coil heads have red o rings then you must have newer version, and yes blue o rings on nickel coils must be so that you don't use them on a mod that isn't temp control.

Reactions: nic_fix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread